Author Topic: New fan event in Wilmington, July 2016  (Read 957 times)

Offline DJ

• I'm a VIP!
New fan event in Wilmington, July 2016
« on: February 11, 2016, 03:15:16 PM »
http://insideoth.com/

Not much yet for details, beyond the dates. But the facebook page has a video of Hilarie Burton doing a promo. This event sounds different from the events that have been held over the last year and involves some of the crew, too.

Offline DJ

• I'm a VIP!
Re: New fan event in Wilmington, July 2016
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 05:20:39 PM »
Lots more actors' video promos for this, now that it's only a month away. Joy is doing a concert on July 22. Got tickets! Not sure about the event itself, though. I'd love to support it because I think it's a great idea and I love that it involves the crew, but it's a pricey weekend.

Offline Sarah

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • NaleyFreak20
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 12:49:55 AM »
Is anyone going to this event??

I checked ticket prices and was a little amazed at how high they are! However, if James were going I'd be willing to spend however much to see him. I'll be excited to see pictures from the weekend if anyone is going

Offline DJ

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 10:59:50 AM »
My daughter and I sort of went. We didn't get tickets for the official event because we couldn't be there the whole weekend. But, we participated in a couple of events that didn't require an admission ticket. We volunteered to help with a scavenger hunt and she went to the karaoke night. We also attended Joy's concert (which was excellent!) and did a trolley tour (Cullen Moss was our guide.) We haven't gone through our pictures yet but if I find anything worth sharing, I'll post again.

For many reasons, I think this looked like a better quality event than the others that have been held in Wilmington. I love that this one heavily involved the crew. They also appeared to make the cast a little more accessible. If you are on facebook, find their page and look at the pictures they've been posting, to get an idea. We did attend the eyecon event in March, which is the only one James Lafferty has attended to date. Prices for both events were similar, but I think you got a much more personal experience with the Inside OTH event, from what I could tell.

Offline DJ

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 04:13:40 PM »
The organizers of this event say it is highly likely they will do it again. I'll post here if I hear of anything being planned. If anyone wants to follow them, they are called InsideOTH. They have a website and a facebook page. Not sure what else.

Offline Sarah

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • NaleyFreak20
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 12:49:03 AM »
That sounds pretty great!! I'm glad you were able to be a part of a lot of the events!  :)

Would love to do something like this if the opportunity comes up again! I follow them on Twitter. I'll look them up on FB too!

Offline DJ

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2016, 08:16:19 PM »
Thought I'd share the website of the group that organized some of the extra activities at the Inside OTH event this past summer. They coordinated a Scavenger Hunt around town and a Dare Night hosted by Michael Copon (Felix). They also sold merchandise at the convention and their items are not like any of the items you see around Wilmington in the stores. It's a much bigger selection and is more unique. There are some fun things you could give as gifts. If this were like the old days, with contests and such, we could even do prizes from their site. But I don't know if anyone is into that anymore.

I don't profit in any way. Just wanted to share.  http://www.othmerch.com/