Author Topic: Joy in concert with her Firepit band  (Read 159 times)

Offline DJ

• I'm a VIP!
Joy in concert with her Firepit band
« on: October 25, 2016, 07:50:19 PM »
Joy toured with her new Firepit band this past summer and one of her stops was in Wilmington, in conjunction with her appearance at the Inside OTH event. My daughter loves her voice and really wanted to see her, so we got tickets right when they went on sale. I thought people might like to hear about our experience.

I dropped my daughter off to wait in line outside this small venue, while I found parking. As soon as I got back to the line, I saw my daughter beaming. Joy had come outside and walked down the entire line of guests, saying hello and shaking everyone's hand. The night was off to a good start.

The concert was sold out (I think the place only held 150 people.) Joy was excellent and we really liked her band, too. Very talented. Her voice is simply beautiful. She has clearly moved on from her days as Haley, saying "no" when someone yelled a request for Halo.

Unfortunately, they have only been together as a band for a short time, so they haven't recorded any music. You can find some videos on You Tube though. We liked her music a lot and wish we could buy it. If she ever tours with them again, and you get the chance to see them, go!