Author Topic: TV Talk  (Read 169 times)

Offline AshleyW

• Forums Supervisor
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • ♫ Always Keep Fighting ♫
TV Talk
« on: October 04, 2016, 03:06:10 PM »
Hey guys!

Sooo I was typing a novel of my size and stature in the "Introduce Yourself" thread, and when I realized half of it was regarding tv I figured it was overdoing it for that thread and subject matter.

I know there's a "To Watch" thread in this section and obviously threads for individual shows and what not, but I figured, why don't we have like, a TV corner where we can discuss all of our favorites or things we're looking forward to, etc with each other and try to convert each other and recommend stuff, etc.? Like, a general tv topic.
... Come to think of it, we probably already had one of those. But forum refresh = thread rebirth!  ;D

I really don't personally watch many movies, but I'm pretty big into television series.

Obviously OTH.

"Supernatural" is pretty much my life. Split 50/50 with music.
Sooo any SPNFamily members on here, hit me up!  :-*

Some other of MY favorites (past and present) are:

"Friends"
"Gilmore Girls"
"Homeland""
"The Big Bang Theory"
"House of Cards"
"Chuck"
"Quantum Leap"
"Sons of Anarchy"
"Breaking Bad"
"Bloodline"
"Roseanne"
"Boy Meets World"
"BH 90210" (original & re-make)
"Ghost Whisperer"
"The Five"
"Dr.Phil"

I also have shows old and new that I am / was REALLY into that I'm way far behind on now, (either just not caught up or given up on), like:

"The Vampire Diaries"
"Glee"
"How to Get Away with Murder"
"Grimm"
"Revenge"
"Wayward Pines"
"American Horror Story"
"American Crime Story"
"Parenthood"
"Party of 5"
"Lost"
"Duck Dynasty"
etc.

A few shows I've been WANTING to watch are:

"Girl Meets World"
"Better Call Saul"
"Stranger Things"
"Orange Is the New Black"
"Bates Motel"
"Billions"
"Vinyl"
"Six Feet Under"
etc.

and anyone who watches / did watch any of those should fill me in on which ones are worth actually catching up on / finishing.  :P

My current binge is "Shameless" (the U.S. - Showtime version).
I'm about halfway through season 4 right now. I was trying to get caught up in time for the season 7 premiere last week, but alas, life got in the way, so it didn't happen.
New goal - Try to get caught up before the season 7 FINALE:P

New shows - NBC REALLY got their claws into me this fall block with how much they promoted their new shows during the summer Olympics this year.

Like, for instance, I'm gonna HAVE to watch the "Timeless" premiere just because they literally started the commercial for it by saying that it's "From the creator's of Supernatural". ... I didn't even really pay attention after that. SOLD!

I was REALLY excited for "The Good Place" and recorded the first few episodes, but I only made it through half of the pilot when I fell asleep and woke up the next day thinking it was REALLY bizarre, (full disclosure, I was REALLY exhausted when I tried watching it the first time). Sooo I never found the motivation to finish the pilot and continue watching after that. What are others thinking of it so far? Love the actors and premise and was looking forward to it.

The one new show I HAVE watched the first few episodes of and absolutely LOVE is "This Is Us"! Anyone else?

Although, these are all 3 NBC shows because, as I said, NBC suckered me in during the Olympics, I HATE watching weekly shows on NBC that haven't gotten several seasons / syndication, etc under their belts yet because MY personal experience with NBC in recent years is that more often than not, they cancel all their best shows prematurely.

Any other new fall shows people are excited about trying, or older series coming back that you're really looking forward to?

DISCUSS!  :D
♫  ♥   Live. Laugh. Love. ... Music!   ♫  ♥

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
Re: TV Talk
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 07:16:27 AM »
Well -- as you know -- we have the same taste in TV shows. My all time favorite show is Gilmore Girls. YASSS!

Friends/
BH 90210/
Arrested Development/
Community/
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia/
Charmed/
Buffy/
SVU

I have stopped watching SVU after season 15 (?) When Olivia got Noah it was just too much. She gets on my nerves sometimes.

I started watching This is Us too ! I really liked it. It totally went above my expectations!! I love Sterling K. Brown & Milo (of course)

I also picked up on AHS this year, but I'm behind a few episodes . I'm usually a chicken so this is big for me ;)

Offline Sarah

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • NaleyFreak20
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 10:33:05 PM »
I LOVE TV. And I wish I had more time to watch more.

My favorites include:
The O.C. (My first TV love)
Grey's Anatomy
Once Upon A Time
New Girl
Scandal
How I Met Your Mother
The Vampire Diaries
The Originals
Smallville

I JUST found out they FINALLY put Smallville on Hulu - so i've been doing a major rewatch that is taking up a lot of my free time, haha. I forgot how much I loved the show. I never finished the series, so I'm excited to see the whole thing through. I started last weekend and I'm on episode 17 of season 2. Y'all -- Tom Welling.

I love hearing about other shows that all of you watch. That's how I got started on The Vampire Diaries -- SO good.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 08:01:37 AM »
I am OBSESSED with How to get Away with Murder too -- I can't wait each week. I did the original Netflix catch up - it's so hard to watch shows binge style and then try to do the week to week. Not a fan! Ha.

I need a new Netflix binge. I have been thinking about Vampire Diaries, but never committed. i have been just rewetting random Gilmore Girls episodes lately ;) It's always a go to for me. I need to catch up on Scandal too. I watched all the Netflix episodes, but I think that ended with season 3 back when I watched. I just hated Fitz and Olivia so it got hard. But it was a good show.

Offline sophiagurl87

• I'm a VIP!
    • http://myspace.com/christinehat
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2016, 08:22:26 AM »
I still watch dance moms and the walking dead and secrets and lies and the night shift and wayward pines teen mom and teen mom 2 and switched at birth
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 08:30:05 AM by sophiagurl87 »
i'm 26 years old and i work at the riverside elementry school where i help little kids that are handicapped and i play the piano and i'm making bracelets for the make a wish foundation and i have a medical problem.

Offline Sarah

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • NaleyFreak20
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2016, 03:05:12 PM »
I need a new Netflix binge. I have been thinking about Vampire Diaries, but never committed. i have been just rewetting random Gilmore Girls episodes lately ;) It's always a go to for me. I need to catch up on Scandal too. I watched all the Netflix episodes, but I think that ended with season 3 back when I watched. I just hated Fitz and Olivia so it got hard. But it was a good show.

You can't go wrong with TVD, @Liz :)  The Originals is a spin-off from that -- also very good. Same characters.

Has everyone seen Fuller House??

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2016, 04:21:10 PM »
I watched the first episode for the reunion of it -- but never continued. I always meant to. Was it good??

Offline Sarah

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • NaleyFreak20
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 10:34:48 AM »
I watched the first episode for the reunion of it -- but never continued. I always meant to. Was it good??

Yes - I enjoyed it so much! Even made me get emotional a time or two.. lol :D

Offline sophiagurl87

• I'm a VIP!
    • http://myspace.com/christinehat
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2016, 06:06:05 PM »
No I never watched that show
i'm 26 years old and i work at the riverside elementry school where i help little kids that are handicapped and i play the piano and i'm making bracelets for the make a wish foundation and i have a medical problem.

Offline StarlightSweetie

• I'm a VIP!
  • ♥L&P♥ True love never ends ♡
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2016, 12:23:18 AM »
I'm not that much into tv anymore but I'll list my top to shows ever.
  • One Tree Hill (obvs)
  • Veronica Mars
  • Haven