Author Topic: This is Us  (Read 134 times)

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
This is Us
« on: September 20, 2016, 07:18:33 AM »
Anyone watching the premiere tonight?! I am going to try to, but I have a feeling it's going to be SO sad and I am not sure I am emotionally ready.  :P

From the preview I am pretty sure Mandy Moore dies, but I am hoping I am wrong. I will be watching solely interested because my beloved Milo is in it. I LOVE him ! And Sterling K. from the People vs. OJ is in it too. I always try to give shows a few episodes so I think I'm going to tonight.

Any takers!

Offline sophiagurl87

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
    • http://myspace.com/christinehat
Re: This is Us
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 09:37:29 AM »
That looks like a weird show
i'm 26 years old and i work at the riverside elementry school where i help little kids that are handicapped and i play the piano and i'm making bracelets for the make a wish foundation and i have a medical problem.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 10:31:37 AM »
OK -- I loved it! I didn't cry -- AND I figured out the connection half way through! It was amazing. I'm so glad I was wrong about Mandy -- her and Milo are amaze.

I love the sibling bond and the flashbacks. I think the show will be really good. I know Ashley & Brittany loved it. Anyone else?!

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 10:41:31 AM »
OMG it was sooooooooooooooooo good, my friend Brandi and I loved it!! I loved the melt down from the Manny 😂 I really loved the twist and I can't wait to see more!!

Offline AshleyW

• Forums Supervisor
  • ♫ Always Keep Fighting ♫
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2016, 01:34:58 PM »
I know Ashley & Brittany loved it. Anyone else?!
Excuse you. How are we supposed to know when you're mentioning us if you don't "mention" us?! SO incredibly rude, @Liz::) ;D

Okay. As I was saying in another thread yesterday, seeing the commercials promoting them ten thousand times during the summer Olympics this year REALLY suckered me into pretty much all of the new NBC series premiering this fall and I really did not want for that to happen because I hate watching new NBC shows because I personally feel that in the last several years, they tend to prematurely cancel good series on their network.

But I have to say, "This Is Us" is definitely a show I'm glad I decided to try from the pilot!

I can't believe you figured out the first episode twist only halfway through, Liz! You're good. I honestly didn't see that piece coming until the end. @Brittany and I watched the pilot together and she totally didn't see it coming either and that's saying something because she ALWAYS predicts what the twist is gonna be in a movie or a tv show and she's ALWAYS right and therefor ALWAYS ruins it for me.  :P

Anyways, yeah. I LOVED the first episode, personally, and I also really loved the way I felt after watching the first episode! I, like Liz, assumed going in that it'd be really sad and depressing, but would lure me in anyways, but I found the first episode to actually be extremely uplifting and feel-good and I liked that a lot. It seems to be a trait that's getting more and more rare in television.

But guys, guys, GUYS .... has anyone that's gonna post in here not watched the second episode yet? Because I strongly feel that we NEED to discuss the plot twist at the end and all of our theories and feels and all that good stuff.  :o
♫  ♥   Live. Laugh. Love. ... Music!   ♫  ♥

Offline AshleyW

• Forums Supervisor
  • ♫ Always Keep Fighting ♫
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2016, 02:01:47 PM »
OH! And a few more ramblings ....

First of all, I'm just gonna leave this lil' vid right here, cause I was scrolling through facebook before bed the other night and saw / watched it and it made me literally laugh out loud, and soooo I thought I should share it with YOU lovely people.

Also - Can we talk about how awesome the (classic rock) music choices were in the first two epp's?! 'Watch Me' by Labi Siffre and 'Can't Find My Way Home' by Blind Faith were both such perfect coda songs for each episode.  :-*

Also-Also - Can we talk about how much the Presidential election ALREADY sucked before the VP picks had to go and ruin "This Is Us" night by debating last night?  ::)  hehe

Also-Also-Also - Can we talk about the fact that NBC officially picked "This Is Us" up for at least a full (18 episode) first season?!  ;D

Also-Also-Also-Also - (Last one for this post, I swear) - Has anyone else been watching the "After Show" episodes so far? They're both only like, less than 10 minutes long, but I personally feel they're interesting and insightful!  8)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 02:04:47 PM by AshleyW »
♫  ♥   Live. Laugh. Love. ... Music!   ♫  ♥

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 09:07:51 AM »
Still loving this show!

Randall and his wife are the BEST. IMO. Maybe I'm bias because I love Sterling so much, but his family is so darn cute.

Kate gets on my nerves because she is always so sad. Ha. I get why she is, and I love her and Toby, but sometimes I wonder why Toby puts up with her. She just always gives him a hard time.

Kevin is just so darn lovable and HOT. So hot. I LOVED the episode about him and Randall, it answered so many questions. I love their bromance now. It is just so relatable and realistic. I like how they keep things real.

Jack & Rebecca are too much. LOVE their relationship. Their flashbacks are the best. It's not romanticized, just what life is like raising kids and growing as a couple. I hope Jack stays as good as he has been since the drinking episode. Milo is killing it.

Thats my up to date thoughts ;)