Author Topic: September 11th, A Day Of Remembrance  (Read 85 times)

Offline Chris

• Senior VIP. 11 years and counting.
    • The Underlined
September 11th, A Day Of Remembrance
« on: September 11, 2016, 04:43:02 AM »
On this day 15 years ago, the world was forever changed. The biggest terror attack in US history occurred when 2 planes hit the World Trade Center. I know this day lives on for many of us. Take a moment today and remember where you were, remember those who lost their lives, and remember those still fighting for us today.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
Re: September 11th, A Day Of Remembrance
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 09:42:42 AM »
Thank you for posting this, Chris ! I always feel sad on 9/11 remembering what happened. I can't believe it was 15 years ago already! The world will never be the same. I don't even really remember a pre 9/11 world. When we didn't have to worry about flying so much and not being at war. It's so sad.

Here's to remembering the lives lost and those fighting for America today.

Offline Sarah

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • NaleyFreak20
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 10:29:55 AM »
Wow.. 15!? I'm with you Liz - it's hard to remember what things were like before 9/11.

My sister had just turned 1 and had to read about what happened in her US History classes, which basically just makes me feel old.

I got to go to NYC for the first time this year, and was able to stop by the Memorial. It was a pretty overwhelming and powerful moment to just be standing there.

Never forget.

Offline sophiagurl87

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
    • http://myspace.com/christinehat
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 08:05:24 AM »
That was a very sad day
i'm 26 years old and i work at the riverside elementry school where i help little kids that are handicapped and i play the piano and i'm making bracelets for the make a wish foundation and i have a medical problem.