Author Topic: Welcome To OTHFANS.COM! [Introduce Yourself]  (Read 276 times)

Offline Chris

• Senior VIP. 11 years and counting.
    • The Underlined
Welcome To OTHFANS.COM! [Introduce Yourself]
« on: September 11, 2016, 03:28:37 AM »
I know there are people who have been on here for years, and there are people who have just become a part of the OTHFANS.COM community! Either way, take a moment and introduce yourself!

Hi,

I'm Chris. I've been an avid oth fan for 12 YEARS and a member of the community for just over 11. Reasons I love OTH include Bethany's beautiful voice, all things Sophia, the MUSIC, and the fact that I was growing up and learning about the world as the characters were.

Outside OTH, I am just recently married to a loving man. I have the cutest kid in the world (he's a chiweenie mix). I teach 6th grade. And I love too many shows to name on here. But the ones most watched in my house are Survivor, Big Brother, Grey's Anatomy, American Horror Story, and How To Get Away With Murder!

I look forward to meeting and getting to know those of you who are new, and catching up with those of you I've known for years! Welcome to OTHfans!

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
Re: Welcome To OTHFANS.COM! [Introduce Yourself]
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2016, 10:10:48 AM »
HELLO !

I'm Liz (obvi) I am 29 -- on the forums since I was 17. I am married, have three kids (Shea, Cole & Abe) and two dogs (Slevin & Dexter).

I obviously love OTH, mostly Lucas and Haley's friendship -- even though Lucas is probably my least favorite character individually.

TV is my favorite thing & everything else pop culture. I live in Michigan, so I obviously love the great lakes and being outdoors when I can. I watch most TV shows, except Bachelor or Bachelorette because I honestly can't stand them. Gilmore Girls is my favorite show of all time, and anything old school WB. Ha.

Can't wait to bring these forums BACK!

Offline Sarah

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • NaleyFreak20
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2016, 10:52:37 AM »
Hi!!

Does anyone else picture themselves standing on a stage at a podium when they do introductions like this? No? Just me? Ok.

My name is Sarah and I'm from Alabama (Roll Tide since it's football season). Im 27 and have a hard time remembering how old I am cause I still feel 21. I work in student affairs at the college I graduated from and my passion is working with college students. I've been the assistant basketball coach for 4 years, because my other passion is basketball. I love being able to do both things right now, but moving forward I'll probably have to choose between the two and figure out which direction I want my career to go.

I love TV but seem to have less and less time to watch it. I make Grey's Anatomy and Once Upon A Time a priority.

I watch most TV shows, except Bachelor or Bachelorette because I honestly can't stand them.

And during the summer, on Mondays, I watch my Bachelor trashy TV. LOL. Lizzzzz don't judge me. If it helps, I only actively watch The Bachelorette, because 25 good lookin' guys, you know? I don't watch Paradise though. It's too much.

I've also recently re-ignited my love for reading. It's something I try to do daily and it helps me get away from the constant screen time at work and from my phone.

I've been here 11 years - but haven't been super active the last 5 or so. I LOVE coming back here and remembering this place. My first memory of the way it looked was a solid white background with black font - very plain and simple. And then the black background with the orange font during the busier years. It feels like being with family when I'm here. Excited to know any new members and looking forward to hearing from old friends! :)

Offline dcfreak_2002

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • Sig- Beckettsworld@Tumblr
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 12:14:52 PM »
Hi

I usually don't do these since i am a shy person except for the people who know me very well i am glad the forums are back to being active i loved being on here its where i meet a lot of good friends.

anyhoo for those who don't know me my name is Terra i am 32 have two cats i love and who get on my nerves a lot.

i do love watching tv but life got in the way of most of the shows expect Castle ( i am still bitter on how the end came about still mad at abc btw)

but thanks to netflix i can catch up on a lot of those shows

i am also a big sports fan and am so excited that my kings are finally get a up to date arena thats almost open can't wait to see a game there

my other teams i don't want to talk about because they are very embarrassing at the moment

other than that i am a computer nerd i do have photoshop and i used to use it but i am lazy with that but once i get inspired i get a lot done

anyway if you have any other things you want to talk to be about you can always message me
Partners in Crime and life♥

Offline Brittany

• biteany27
  • I'm a VIP!
  • ♥ Always Keep Fighting ♥
    • Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 01:35:55 PM »
Hi!

I'm Brittany, obviously. I've been on the forums since I was 14.. which I just realized was 10 years ago and now I feel slightly old haha. I live in a city just a few miles outside of Portland, Oregon. Other than working and helping raise my 7 year old God Daughter, my life is really sad and boring. Not a lot has changed over the years.. which is unfortunate in some aspects of my life haha

Anyway, I remember that I joined the forums because OTH was my escape in life. I had a lot of stuff going on in my life at the time and OTH was my way of dealing. I had A LOT of anxiety issues (still do but that's besides the point) and the forums very literally helped me deal with most of those issues.  I had very few actual friends in my life (a lot of drama at that time) and on here I met so many amazing people and made so many lasting friendships. One of those friendships being my very best friend, Ashley. And I am forever thankful to the forums for bringing us together because I honestly don't know what'd I'd do without my soul sister. Love you Ash!

My point is, the forums have always been very near and dear to my heart for a whole list of reasons that would take days to actually put into words and I am so beyond excited to be back and see so many of us back!

And I feel that everyone should be informed (because I am so beyond excited and have to share my excitement) that I'm flying out to see Ashley on Wednesday and I am so excited to see her! It's been 5 years since we've seen each other which is just to long! And we get to see Ray LaMontagne, who's music we fell in love with through OTH.. so kind of a full circle moment. Haha

I was going to write out all of my current TV obsessions but I unfortunately have to go get ready for a babyshower. So I'll just give a quick gist, which is that Supernatural is my life. Haha

Again, I am SOO excited to be back on here and see so many old faces (in the form of Usernames haha) and I can't wait to start posting again like old times!!
♫♫ "Workin' On Our Night Moves" ♫♫

Offline jamesothlove

• I'm a VIP!
  • Icon-Twin!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2016, 02:57:14 PM »
Hello Everyone,
My name is Melissa :) I honestly don't know exactly when I started on the forums due to the fact I lost the password for my original account, Brucas&NaleyFan. But this account says 2008 so I say add two years so if I can do some math that makes me a 10 year member! Ok now I feel old that means I started at 15! Anywho a few quick things... I am so excited for the forums to be back. This is the place where I have met some of the coolest people who sadly I've kind of lost touch with over the years :( but now it's like coming back home for a reunion! So beyond exciting!
 Random things to know about me
1. Music is my life
2. OTH has been and always will be a huge part of my life
3. Go Pack Go! (Love me some Clay Matthews)
4. Still a Diehard Twihard
5. Forever my girl crush will be Danneel Ackles
6. I gotta split to get ready to adult lol

Again so happy to be back!

Offline sophiagurl87

• I'm a VIP!
    • http://myspace.com/christinehat
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 08:15:42 AM »
WELCOME EVERYONE!
i'm 26 years old and i work at the riverside elementry school where i help little kids that are handicapped and i play the piano and i'm making bracelets for the make a wish foundation and i have a medical problem.

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2016, 10:45:29 AM »
Hey All!! Mary here! 32 years old (what!? Yikes!!) Living in Florida with my boyfriend. So glad to be back here with everyone!!

Offline sophiagurl87

• I'm a VIP!
    • http://myspace.com/christinehat
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2016, 06:53:11 PM »
WELCOME MARY!
i'm 26 years old and i work at the riverside elementry school where i help little kids that are handicapped and i play the piano and i'm making bracelets for the make a wish foundation and i have a medical problem.

Offline AshleyW

• Forums Supervisor
  • ♫ Always Keep Fighting ♫
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2016, 05:43:54 PM »
Does anyone else picture themselves standing on a stage at a podium when they do introductions like this?
;)

Or since we're typing, maybe an awkward speed dating session?

One of those friendships being my very best friend, Ashley. And I am forever thankful to the forums for bringing us together because I honestly don't know what'd I'd do without my soul sister. Love you Ash!

And I feel that everyone should be informed (because I am so beyond excited and have to share my excitement) that I'm flying out to see Ashley on Wednesday and I am so excited to see her! It's been 5 years since we've seen each other which is just to long! And we get to see Ray LaMontagne, who's music we fell in love with through OTH.. so kind of a full circle moment. Haha
Phht, yeah. Ya love me SO much, you couldn't even "mention" me in your post. This IS 2016, ya know.  ::) The forums have been upgraded to the times.

HI guys! It's 2016 and we're posting on OTHForums, how cool is THAT?!  :o  8)

Remember when we used to be like, bipolar-manic-depressives every time Patrick threatened to shut this place down due to funds or lack of activity or people fighting or whatever was going wrong that month?
I'm SO glad we're all grown ups who are past that now and have finally proven that the forums are, indeed, as timeless as we have all always claimed.  ;)

Which, speaking of, I LOVE how everyone that's done an intro in here so far has known everybody else who's done an intro in here so far for like, a decade. 

Where's all these newbies we were supposed to get to meet that are all into OTH in that super exciting (and even more fun to watch for us oldies), first time, never seen it before, what the hell's gonna happen next, phase of this fandom? I was promised Netflix converts! :P

ANY ole' who - My name's Ashley, (obvs). Friends, (and anyone posting on here I guarantee is a friend ... whether they actually wanna be my friend or not), call me Ash.

At the end of this month, I'll be a 25 year old Independent Woman ... "All the women who independent, throw your hands up at me! All the honeys who makin' money, throw your hands up at me! All the mama's who profit dollars, throw your hands up at me! All the ladies who truly feel me, throw your hands up at me!"

No, I never knew I could "get  down like that" considering that when I joined here, I was a loser teenager with literally no life BUT the forums. Now I'm a loser adult with a semi-life outside of the forums. (And don't even pretend you didn't sing along to my Destiny's Child / Charlie's Angels lyrics.)

According to this awesome HowLongAgo website I just copied and pasted the date I joined the forums into .... wait for it, wait for it ... (I can't hear the drum roll?!), I joined here approximately:

9 Years, 8 Months, 27 Days, 14 Hours, 18 Minutes annnnd 15, no, 16, no, 17, no, 18, seconds ago

... give or take a few seconds. ... And (let's be honest), hours, by the time I finish typing out this post.

I think half of us who've posted in here so far work in education. COINCIDENCE?!

I work at a college preparatory high school as a certified Paraprofessional in Special Education and also in Administration as a Human Resources person. Which is how I have a classroom full of teenagers 8 hours a day, and yet still find time to come on here and type up novels to all of YOU lovely people. Your tax dollars at work, folks!  ;)

Coincidentally, my other job nights and weekends is as a certified drug & alcohol collector / tester where I work for a company named On-Site. Disgusting job, never will have time to mess around on here during it and no one respects me, unlike the people who semi-do at school ... but the pay is WAY more amazing. Although, I am full time at the school and therefor get insurance. And what more do you really need in American day-to-day life today besides free healthcare?!

Interesting combo of jobs, I realize. Thankfully I no longer work in the field I USED to ... politics. Now THAT was nasty and during THIS particular Presidential election in this beautifully free and prospering patriotic country of ours? I could NOT possibly be more thankful to be out.

.... THAT tangent got long. I apologize.  :-X

Let's see, what else? What else? I like piña coladas, gettin' caught in the rain. I'm not into health food. I AM into champagne. Piña coladas, champagne ... notice a pattern here? Booze. I'm into booze. I also like long walks on the beach. That one only SOUNDED sarcastic, I really and truly am a full-on beach bum.

My life is music. I literally love anything and everything music related and if you were to actually physically be around me, you would hear music blasting wherever I am. I even blast it in my office / classroom whenever there are no working students in the room.

The SPNFamily is my life. I know I already said that music is. That wasn't a lie. It's just 50% of my life. The other 50% is SPN. Short for Supernatural. But I'm not just into the show. I'm into the WHOLE fandom enchilada. If you are too, hit me up because we are pre-destined to be besties.  :-*

I also love to read, (TOTAL and complete bookworm), and travel and (again, non-sarcastically), I love storms and the beach and water sports and watching regular sports (basketball, football, tennis, baseball, NASCAR, Olympics, etc.)
And I also love coffee when I actually have to do the adult-ing thing. Currently on my third cup of the day and it's not even noon. (That was when I originally wrote this. While I'm reviewing it and getting ready to post, it's actually now 3:00 pm. I've been distracted several times today by people apparently wanting me to do my actual job.  ::) Annnnnd I've had a LITTLE bit of a chaotic day at school so far with some of my S.P.E.D. students and Tuesday-Trump-Traffic here. (LONG story. DON'T get me started.)

I'm not super into movies, but I do like television series. I was GOING to rant about all of that in here, but surprisingly, my rant got too long and I decided to make an entirely new thread regarding it instead:

http://www.onetreehillforums.com/index.php?topic=98445.0

Anything else, feel totally free to ask! Unless it's regarding my sanity. We don't discuss that in public.  ;)
I love to talk and anyone who knows me on here previously will be the first to tell you that I LOVE novels! (Reading and writing them).

Excited to have the forums back and active again, catch up with some old friends and meet some new ones too!  ;D
« Last Edit: October 04, 2016, 05:54:30 PM by AshleyW »
♫  ♥   Live. Laugh. Love. ... Music!   ♫  ♥

Offline AshleyW

• Forums Supervisor
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2016, 08:24:16 PM »
OH, I should also probably mention something about OTH in here, right? Big fan!

Have been a big fan since pretty much the beginning / early seasons of the show, the high school years.

Some of the most memorable experiences of my life were trips to Wilmington. Watching filming, visiting sets, meeting the cast, the good ole' charity basketball games, etc.

But really and truly the most memorable, wonderful stuff about OTH for me, personally is mostly the experiences I've had because of this forum and the lifelong friends and relationships I've made through it.

Everyone I ever met up with in Wilmi I met through here and I will treasure all the adventures we shared together along the River Walk, the River Boat cruise, the Cape, Wrightsville Beach, downtown, the old vinyl record store (that's no longer there), the crazy 'haunted' tours, bar-stalking late at night, sleeping over and shooting hoops at the River Court after midnight when Mark felt all guilty and left the rims up for us, haha, extra-ing the day a bunch of cast drama was going down and we literally got to see it all from behind the scenes up close and personal with the cast and laughed our butts off, etc.
THOSE are the lifelong memories that hold OTH forever near and dear in my heart.

I LOVED the show, (obviously). I still do, although I've outgrown certain aspects of it over the years, but I still love the characters and the main story line's and all of the biggest pieces of the show. All of the things the show, itself, did to get me through some VERY difficult and strange times in my adolescence will never be forgotten. 

And also, besides the lifelong memories made with OTH people I've met through here, and (obviously) the show itself, my favorite piece of OTH is the unbelievably amazing music it has brought to my life!

Through Tric, Redbedroom Records, the soundtracks and just music featured on the show in general.

(Do you oldies remember how after every new episode they would show a brief list of like, the top songs featured on OTH that night and play a clip of them? Favorite part! HEHE)

Some of my very favorite artists today I was introduced to through OTH. Case in point, @Brittany mentioned how we just won tickets (AMAZING seats, btw. Fifth row, center stage) to go see Ray LaMontagne last month. He is one of my top 10 all-time favorite singer/songwriters and I was introduced to him through OTH. @Brittany  and I were introduced to each other and became best friends through OTH forums, soooo obviously it was a full circle, perfect combo for us to get to go see him live together, (and see each other in person for the first time in 5+ years).

OTH really first introduced me to the wonderful world of Indie music in alternative and folk, and to SO many amazing songs, artists and appearances through the show that will stick with me forever.

All that being said, OTH holds a place inside me forever and always (see what I did there?) beyond the show, itself, in ways that no other show ever can or will. The period in my life it aired during, the life lessons and teenage struggles it went through with and taught me, the friends and memories I’ve made, experiences I’ve gotten to live, the music, this forum, it all comes together to make OTH SO much bigger for me in my personal life than any other tv show really ever could be.  :-*

Online DJ

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2016, 04:36:21 PM »
So, not to hijack Ashley's intro, but I had to pick up on this...

Some of the most memorable experiences of my life were trips to Wilmington. Watching filming, visiting sets, meeting the cast, the good ole' charity basketball games, etc.

But really and truly the most memorable, wonderful stuff about OTH for me, personally is mostly the experiences I've had because of this forum and the lifelong friends and relationships I've made through it.

Everyone I ever met up with in Wilmi I met through here and I will treasure all the adventures we shared together along the River Walk, the River Boat cruise, the Cape, Wrightsville Beach, downtown, the old vinyl record store (that's no longer there), the crazy 'haunted' tours, bar-stalking late at night, sleeping over and shooting hoops at the River Court after midnight when Mark felt all guilty and left the rims up for us, haha, extra-ing the day a bunch of cast drama was going down and we literally got to see it all from behind the scenes up close and personal with the cast and laughed our butts off, etc.
THOSE are the lifelong memories that hold OTH forever near and dear in my heart.

I would love to hear more about your visits to Wilmington! Those are always such fun stories.

I made my first trip to Wilmington to watch filming for the final episode of Season 8, so it was very late in the series. I wish I'd gone to watch filming sooner. But these forums were great for finding out where they were filming each day! I loved how fans who were there posted where to go, for people who were on their way. And I loved the pictures they would post after watching filming. The cast was often very generous with their time and willing to take pictures when filming was done.

I don't know how many people who have come back ever went to watch filming, but it would be fun to hear some of those stories in the Experience OTH in Person section. As it is now, I've probably bored people to tears with my updates on fan events happening there! That's about all that's happening in that section. Also, now that I'm re-watching the series, I'd love to know if anyone on here was an extra in any of the episodes I'm seeing again.

Offline AshleyW

• Forums Supervisor
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2016, 05:16:15 PM »
So, not to hijack Ashley's intro, but I had to pick up on this...

You're totally hijacking Ashley's intro. That's forum-plagiarism, ya know.  ;D

Also, now that I'm re-watching the series, I'd love to know if anyone on here was an extra in any of the episodes I'm seeing again.
Yeah, it is really fun to find fellow forum members in epps they extra-ed in. I know @Patrick extra-ed in s3, right? Was it the school shooting episode you're in? It seems like it was right around that epp...

@Brittany, @Leyton IS True Love (Anita), @Leyton105% ('Cedes), my Mom and I extra-ed in Jamie's recital during season 6. 'Cedes and I kinda got stuck in a back corner, but you can see Anita, Britt & my Mom really well in it because they were seated like, (what was it guys?) 2 or 3 rows directly behind the cast. There's actually a close-up of Brooke / Sophia standing up to applaud and my Mom's like, sharing the shot with her.  It's really pretty crazy and funny. I'll have to find a screen cap and show ya.  :D

Did you extra in the season 8 finale, @DJ ?

Also - Completely agree with you that we should talk more Wilmington / filming experiences, etc in that section. I love hearing everyone's Wilmi, filming, cast, sets, extra-ing, meeting OTHforums friends, etc stories too! It's always fun.  8)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 05:23:14 PM by AshleyW »

Offline AshleyW

• Forums Supervisor
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2016, 05:46:39 PM »
I forgot that I (of course) have these on Facebook.  ;D

Hehehe - My Mom's the one on the lower right corner behind Soph's left shoulder:

You can see Britt & Anita in that one:

'Cedes and I are like, the 2nd to last row back:

It's a trade-off - 'Cedes and I didn't get to sit right behind the cast for the best screen time .... but we DID get more 'behind the scenes' time than Anita, Britt & my Mom did & cast drama was going dowwwwwn that day, haha! Soooo we got to be backstage between takes when Anita, Britt & my Mom had to stay seated and THAT was pretty interesting.

Dinner with the cast that night was hysterical too. - I'm at work right now and I just literally laughed out loud at my desk remembering it. People gave me looks.  :o  ::) hehe

I was thinking of you, 'Cedes all "Sup James?" in the dinner line when we were talking about him and turned around and he was just like, there.
Or me (semi-fake) complaining that filming was running too late and we weren't gonna make it back in time to see the new epp of OTH & Lee spit out his food laughing.
Or Joe who wasn't even in that scene just showing up for "free grub".
SUCH a fun night! ... And we TOTALLY raced back to the hotel and made it back for like, the last 10 minutes of OTH. I think we only saw the coda scene and we were all, "Wait, whaaaa? We're terribly confused."  :P

That same trip when we first got there (before the episode we extra-ed in), they were filming Chad's 40s episode and that was SO much fun to be in Wilmington during!

They literally had like, an entire street rented out and they turned all the shops on it into 1940s depression / war-era shops with billboards and telegram drop boxes on the street corners and all that jazz and (of course) they had all these old 40s cars parked up and down the block and everything.

@Brittany and I went down there at like, (what, Britt?) 6:00 a.m. or something to check it out the morning we got into town. We literally stumbled upon it. We were driving by and were like, "Is there a classic car show or something going on in Wilmington right now?" And then Britt was all, "Wait. When were they supposed to start filming the 40s episode ... ??" haha!

The sun was just rising and nobody was there. They had been filming pretty late the night before. I remember that. And this lone police officer was in charge of watching the street / set and wasn't supposed to let anybody on it, but we gave him some sob story I don't even remember now and he let us pretty much do whatever we wanted, lol!

We walked around set, took tons of pictures, etc. His only rule was we weren't supposed to tattle on him (*coughs* at the time. Now it's totally fine, I'm sure.) as long we agreed not to touch or move anything. ... and I would say in our defense that we never MOVED anything ... butttttt we may or may not have 'touched' a few props.

It was SO much fun! I really LOVE past time periods like that and I'll (obviously) never get to live through them. Sooo getting to go on this completely deserted street, just us two, at sunrise all peaceful and gorgeous where it was LITERALLY like I was walking through 1940s America .... I'll never forget it as long as I live.
SUCH an incredible memory for me!  :-*
« Last Edit: October 05, 2016, 05:58:32 PM by AshleyW »

Online DJ

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2016, 06:06:06 PM »
Oh my gosh, these pics and stories are awesome!! I love all of it.

I didn't extra for the Season 8 finale, but sat at a sidewalk table at Port City Java across the street from Karen's Cafe (that Port City Java was the site of the original Karen's Cafe and also the location of the Brooke's store at the end of the series.) I was able to watch a lot of the filming through the big windows. I saw Haley performing (remember when she sang Walk on the Ocean?) and I know that at least one other forum member extra'd that day. In fact, that leads me to another coincidence.

@AshleyW I recognize your friend Mercedes. I am pretty sure she was with @lee_loverxox for the filming of that episode (did I tag those correctly?) so they may have both extra'd that day. I know you can see Amanda when they open the doors to the waiting guests and she walks into the cafe.

I didn't realize you were in any of the episodes, though, so that's so cool! You once messaged me the picture of your mom, also very cool. The dinner and drama sound pretty intriguing.

When my daughter and I went to Wilmington this summer, we did a trolley tour with Cullen Moss as our guide. He showed us the building that was Karen's Cafe for that 40's episode, so that was probably the street you were on. That must have been amazing.

We should probably start a discussion in the Wilmington thread.  ;)