Author Topic: LP departure  (Read 875 times)

Offline cpinchot

• Brucas Forever
LP departure
« on: June 08, 2016, 07:03:52 AM »
Do we know who's actual decision it was why they didn't return? I have looked and it seems to have some conflicting statements from both sides of the spectrum. There is a video of Chad saying they never asked him to come back and that he wanted to and Hilary made that video that talked about creative differences, but then Mark had a 30 second clip saying they were offered raises? It seems odd that if Hil and Chad wanted to come back they would turn down raises if that was true. Just curious if anyone knew anything more about this. I definitely miss them on the show after season 6.

"I'll Miss The Girl Behind The Red Door"   Lucas Scott

Offline DJ

• I'm a VIP!
Re: LP departure
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2016, 05:12:21 PM »
I'm rewatching the series and just watched the final episode of season 6, which made me go look up that exact info. I couldn't find a thing that said anything different than what you wrote. Makes me wonder if we'll ever know.

Offline DJ

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2016, 05:16:34 PM »
Side note - I just realized that I think I remember your name from the "old days" of this forum. True?

Offline cpinchot

• Brucas Forever
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 09:36:54 AM »
DJ,

Yep I have been since close to the beginning of OTH. Come back from time to time to look at things, but it definitely isn't the same. Obviously with the show not being around and stuff the traffic is much lower, but it's nice to check out the forums and read old stuff.

Offline DJ

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 05:58:59 PM »
I agree. I get nostalgic about the show and still miss it, which is why I'm rewatching it. I check in here from time to time too, kind of missing the days when it was so active. It was fun to realize you were one of those people who used to be here back then. I wish more of those people would return and start some new conversations. It would be fun to reconnect.

Offline cpinchot

• Brucas Forever
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 07:32:12 AM »
Yeah I agree... I have been rewatching OTH as well and noticed a few things I forgot because it had been so long. I really liked the rewatch threads on S1, but even those stopped a pretty long time ago.

Offline Sarah

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • NaleyFreak20
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2016, 12:45:17 AM »
My sister just watched the show all the way through for the first time - and I had to do some research about why they actually left the show, too. It made me think of the forums and how I used to be here all the time. I get nostalgic too, DJ. Glad that people still come around - but I agree that it would be fun to have some new conversations start up!

Offline NiceLegsNiceHands

• If love is an ocean, we're all sinking...
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2016, 10:55:18 PM »
I think a lot of it was Chad being burnt out, and Peyton's storyline was pretty much wrapped up with getting the guy and a baby. So they were going to write them out and Chad had a change of heart around season 8 and wanted to come back, and Mark was fine with it, but wanted Hilarie back as well, and she was busy with another tv show. I think it was all bad timing.  Hilarie and Chad attended the last OTH convention though and Hilarie said she loved the show and her character as much as did when she left. So I doubt there are any bad feelings left over.
"We're circling each other like Venezuelan flamingoes engaged in a complex mating dance."
-Ed and Carol, destine to be together.

Offline DJ

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2016, 11:06:17 AM »
More familiar names from the "old days" on this forum!!

After the event in Wilmington this past weekend, I was looking up any articles about it, to see what was being said. I did see something where Hilarie responded to the question about why she didn't return after Season 6. She basically said, "I wasn't asked. Next question."

I'm with Sarah. The show hasn't gotten too old, in my opinion. I have a teenage daughter who is just discovering it this past year and I'm rewatching with her. She has even talked about watching it again when she's done (she's on Season 7) and I'm game!

Sarah, I know there was more than one person with your name who used to be here a lot. Were you a moderator?

Offline cpinchot

• Brucas Forever
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2016, 06:49:12 AM »
DJ I am definitely with you on the show not being too old at all. It will definitely be one of those shows that I watch for years and years and with my kids. I laugh, cry and get upset at all the same stuff and sometimes there are even parts I forgot happened which is cool too.

Offline Pringlescan

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 11:13:26 AM »
Basically HB was contracted through 6 seasons. She new before filming season 6 it would be her last. She wanted to do other things as you can see right after season 6 she starred in something else. Same with CMM. He wanted to move on and do other things.

Offline DJ

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2016, 04:11:17 PM »
DJ I am definitely with you on the show not being too old at all. It will definitely be one of those shows that I watch for years and years and with my kids. I laugh, cry and get upset at all the same stuff and sometimes there are even parts I forgot happened which is cool too.

cpinchot, I do the exact same thing! I first discovered the show in reruns, after season 4 had aired. So I watched them all and then watched the rest of the seasons as they aired, starting at the beginning of season 5. I don't think I ever rewatched  episodes from seasons 5-9, but I had seen most, if not all, of seasons 1-4 a couple of times. So, I remember things from those seasons a little better. Now that we are on season 7, I really don't remember some things that are about to happen, so it's almost like watching it for the first time again! Very fun.

Offline Sarah

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • NaleyFreak20
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2016, 01:15:55 AM »
More familiar names from the "old days" on this forum!!

After the event in Wilmington this past weekend, I was looking up any articles about it, to see what was being said. I did see something where Hilarie responded to the question about why she didn't return after Season 6. She basically said, "I wasn't asked. Next question."

I'm with Sarah. The show hasn't gotten too old, in my opinion. I have a teenage daughter who is just discovering it this past year and I'm rewatching with her. She has even talked about watching it again when she's done (she's on Season 7) and I'm game!

Sarah, I know there was more than one person with your name who used to be here a lot. Were you a moderator?

Yes! I was a mod! :)  It's been so much fun to do rewatches with people who have never seen it. I always like to see people's reactions!

Hilarie wasn't asked...?  :-\ Yikes! However, doesn't sound like there's much resentfulness. I'm just glad they all participated in the event!

Offline Sarah

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • NaleyFreak20
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2016, 01:18:35 AM »
I don't think I ever rewatched  episodes from seasons 5-9, but I had seen most, if not all, of seasons 1-4 a couple of times. So, I remember things from those seasons a little better. Now that we are on season 7, I really don't remember some things that are about to happen, so it's almost like watching it for the first time again! Very fun.

I had never rewatched seasons 6-9 -- so I was in a similar boat! My sister would ask me things and I honestly wouldn't remember. However, I watched seasons 1-5 a TON (had them on DVDs), and basically had the first 3 seasons memorized! Once I started college, I didn't have as much time. Lol!

Offline Patrick

• Forums Owner
  • Posting Freak
  • Creator of OTHfans.com
    • OTHfans.com
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2016, 01:13:10 PM »
As far as Hilaire's departure...

All cast members were contracted for 6 seasons.  When Chad decided to not come back, the producers felt there wasn't much of a story line for Peyton if Lucas wasn't in the show anymore.  So... that in turn made the decision for Hilaire.