Author Topic: Should have ended with Season 6  (Read 1087 times)

Offline Pringlescan

Should have ended with Season 6
« on: March 12, 2015, 05:12:22 PM »
Huge fan, might be a little late to these threads but here's my discussion.

The last dew episodes of season 6 felt like a series finale. All the side characters got happy endings(aside from dan). Brooke got back Julian. Nathan had his dream come true by getting to the NBA and rubbing it in Dan's face. Lucas and Peyton had their dreams come true as well. Getting married and starting a family.

To me The CW(Warner Bros) just wanted to capitalize off the success. Seasons 7-9 were pretty lame and turned a decent show into a teen version of Melrose Place. Clay's character was odd and not really believable. Quinn just the same. You could tell the quality of the show had left when Lucas and Peyton left. The writers were grasping at straws to keep the show going and it showed. Naley was getting pretty lame and boring. Brulian wasn't appealing in the least. The other relationships were blah.

I wish at least they would have included Lucas and Peyton in the last few episodes of season 9, especially the finale. That would have made most fans happy and truly made the show what it was from season 1-6.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 12:17:43 AM by Pringlescan »

Offline xfreekx

Re: The should ended with Season 6
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 04:36:49 PM »
As you'll see as you poke around in these forums, there are so many different views. I personally didn't like season 6 very much at all during the original run and liked season 7 much better. Upon rewatch i liked season 6 a lot.

As far as it ending there. It certainly could have. And for many people it did, but i personally loved the rest of the series, especially season 9. I guess the good thing is, if you wanted it to end at Season 6 all of you have to do is stop watching after that.

Offline Pringlescan

Re: The should ended with Season 6
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 12:19:56 AM »
As you'll see as you poke around in these forums, there are so many different views. I personally didn't like season 6 very much at all during the original run and liked season 7 much better. Upon rewatch i liked season 6 a lot.

As far as it ending there. It certainly could have. And for many people it did, but i personally loved the rest of the series, especially season 9. I guess the good thing is, if you wanted it to end at Season 6 all of you have to do is stop watching after that.
Same here. I rewatched it after the series ended and loved season 6. My only real issue with seasons 7-9 is that they seem forced. Trying to milk everything out of the series they could with story lines. Granted most feel the show was better without LP, it was hard to see them completely removed from the story.

Offline cpinchot

• Brucas Forever
Re: Should have ended with Season 6
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 06:17:56 PM »
I agree, but I think there were a couple seasons like that for a reason. The ending of season 4 was just great... Ending on the Rivercourt with everyone together watching the brothers play one on one again. To me that was a perfect ending, but then we would have missed out on many good moments in later seasons.

"I'll Miss The Girl Behind The Red Door"   Lucas Scott

Offline DJ

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 10:58:38 AM »
I think that there was a ton of fan support for the show to keep going and every year, the people producing the show didn't know if it would be renewed. So, there were multiple season finales that could have been series finales, because they just didn't know if they would be back. Season 4, 6 and 8 stand out as potential series finales, IMO.

Personally, I loved the season 4 finale and thought it would have been a perfect series finale, but I'm also glad the show continued.

Offline xfreekx

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 07:00:46 PM »
Season 7 was absolutely a finale too. In the commentary Mark said he decided to put in the cliffhanger (of Quinn and Clay getting shot) at the last minute.

Offline NiceLegsNiceHands

• If love is an ocean, we're all sinking...
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 12:19:19 AM »
Season 6 is a personal favorite for me because of Leyton, but I didn't want the show to end and I ended up loving later seasons with Brooke/Julian and without season 9 we wouldn't have gotten the awesome and hilarious bromance of Chris Keller and Chase.
"We're circling each other like Venezuelan flamingoes engaged in a complex mating dance."
-Ed and Carol, destine to be together.