Author Topic: OTHfans.com/OneTreeHillFans.com Back Open!  (Read 3031 times)

Offline Patrick

• Forums Owner
  • Posting Freak
  • Creator of OTHfans.com
    • OTHfans.com
OTHfans.com/OneTreeHillFans.com Back Open!
« on: November 16, 2014, 11:08:03 PM »
Members,

Due to the recent announcement of the "One Tree Hill" reunion taking place in Wilmington March 17-29, we have decided to open the forums back up for discussions.

You are no longer able to access the forums by using www.othforums.com... you MUST USE www.othfans.com or www.onetreehillfans.com!!!

Other than that... welcome back!

Offline Brittany

• biteany27
  • I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • ♥ Always Keep Fighting ♥
    • Tumblr
Re: OTHfans.com/OneTreeHillFans.com Back Open!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2014, 11:35:36 PM »
So beyond excited that the forum is back!  :)
♫♫ "Workin' On Our Night Moves" ♫♫

Offline eveliendorien

• www.myspace.com/eveliendorientwins
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 04:50:43 AM »
just came on here for one thing... this - as regular convention goers - is a convention beyond any price class we've seen at most conventions. Especially for what you're getting & what extras you have to pay for... yes, it's cool there's a OTH con, but it shouldn't be at all cost and this (sorry to say, but it's true) event just carries pretty extortionate prices (we're not alone in saying this... As part of a group who discuss cons on a daily basis with over 300 members, 90%+ agreed)

To quote one of the members: "As a US citizen, I can almost fly to Europe, go to an OTH convention that's not stateside and STILL be off cheaper than this one"

Offline Sarah

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • NaleyFreak20
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2014, 12:38:25 AM »
Great to be back! :)  Thanks, Patrick!

Offline AshleyW

• Forums Supervisor
  • ♫ Always Keep Fighting ♫
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2014, 09:16:59 PM »
First & foremost - I may or may not have actually literally shed a tear or two when I first logged on here again. Never thought it'd be possible to again. I literally felt 'home', like, this is my internet home. I don't know how to describe it really, just thank the LORD for this reunion & therefor Patrick's decision to re-open this place in celebration of it so we can all keep connected about / during it.

I kind of wished for this place / thought about that during their recent convention / reunion in (I think, France?), when all these pix & stories of the cast that were there & show being reunited came out & what not. REALLY made my forums heart ache.

I really, REALLY miss the forum family too ! A lot of us are Facebook friends or text each other sometimes or even email & talk on the phone & what not, but I dunno. It's just not the same. I know not everyone that was still active around here at the end will come back, but I'm really looking forward to spending time on here & celebrating the reunion with everyone who's around !

As far as the pricey-ness of the reunion stuff goes - I highly doubt I'll be able to go to Wilmington myself during that time (as much as I'd absolutely give anything & everything to!) I just don't think it'll be financially feasible for me, personally either way. Heck, I can't afford to go to what convention-goers consider the 'reasonably priced' con's that I dream of (like SPN particularly, haha). And ya can't possibly get more reasonably priced than James' charity games used to be, etc.

But even if ya can't afford all the reunion celebration stuff - if you can afford to travel to Wilmi & at least reunite with other fans & hit up the former filming locations that are still there & what not, the reunion feeling in the air & w/ the cast being there & stuff should be enough to encourage anyone to go - heck, the setting by itself is enough, Wilmi is SOO friggin' amazing !

I imagine it would be hard (anyone for that matter), but those of us who got to spend time there during filming & what not to be back there w/ such major places like the River Court & what not being gone. I'm not even sure HOW I'd handle that emotionally because not living in that area, I associate so much of North Carolina & Wilmi, etc with deep seeded OTH memories.

ANYWAYS - Totallyyyy getting off base here (shocking - aren't ya'll glad to have me around with my novels again? I KNOW you missed it / me!)

POINT is - Thank you, Thank You, THANK YOU Patrick for opening this back up again for us to reunite & share / celebrate the OTH reunion together ! Finding out about this literally felt like Christmas for me, personally. It lit something in my heart & soul & I'm just SO grateful & excited to be back here for as long as we can be ! 

P.S., now that I've praised you some, that's gone too far & I feel the need to b*tch at you ... Patrick - We need smilies back. Other things can be lived without, but smilies are an absolute necessity. Sooo you should make that happen because you love us / me.  ;-D  (That could've looked way cooler if it were a REAL smiley.)  ;-)   (That too.)  ;P  (You get the point?)  :P
♫  ♥   Live. Laugh. Love. ... Music!   ♫  ♥

Offline Patrick

• Forums Owner
  • Posting Freak
  • Creator of OTHfans.com
    • OTHfans.com
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 06:52:46 PM »
I will look into it!

Offline AshleyW

• Forums Supervisor
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2014, 01:38:17 PM »
Love you !   :D
« Last Edit: November 20, 2014, 01:53:45 PM by AshleyW »

Offline Patrick

• Forums Owner
  • Posting Freak
  • Creator of OTHfans.com
    • OTHfans.com
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 03:22:58 PM »
No novel?

Offline AshleyW

• Forums Supervisor
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2014, 04:25:12 PM »
Shockingly, for a change, I actually found that sentiment to be rather simplistic.   ;)

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2014, 04:00:15 PM »
Yay!! Hey everyone :)

Offline Mel

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Poof!
    • tumblr
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2014, 05:11:23 AM »
It's comforting to see this place online again, despite how quiet it is. I appreciate you doing this Patrick, as you've put more time and effort into this place through the years, than all of us could ask for. I feel like a teenager again looking at all the familiar usernames and signatures haha!

I'm in the same boat as you Ashley, and it's just not financially possible for me to attend. It's a miracle I can afford Comic Con once a year! But like a lot of us on here, I've had my magical Wilmington trip. In the time the board was offline, I even got to visit where they filmed in Puerto Rico! Apart from Honeygrove, I've been to all of this show's filming locations by chance. So I have all of those memories that I still hold so very dear to me, along with this place.

I hope it serves the purpose it did once before, as being a great discussion outlet and a place for the most reliable sources. I'm 100% positive this place was the reason I didn't get hopelessly lost in Wilmington, and why I knew addresses in the first place! :P
And so it goes, this soldier knows.

Offline AshleyW

• Forums Supervisor
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 05:22:36 PM »
^  PREACH Mel !   ;)

HI Mary !   :D

Have I mentioned how much I love having smilies back ??   :P

Offline StarlightSweetie

• I'm a VIP!
  • ♥L&P♥ True love never ends ♡
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2014, 12:01:14 PM »
Wow, I'm in shock. It's been years since I've been here and I come to look back on some memories and to my surprise the forums are back on line. Really, wow.

Offline AshleyW

• Forums Supervisor
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2014, 06:10:42 PM »
New complaint that should surprise no one - Can we discuss the fact that this is a problem for me ?   ::)

The following error or errors occurred while posting this message:
The message exceeds the maximum allowed length (20000 characters).

Also, while I'm b*tching, why did you decide that the icon's needed to be smaller than the standard 100x100 ?

Offline Patrick

• Forums Owner
  • Posting Freak
  • Creator of OTHfans.com
    • OTHfans.com
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2014, 06:28:59 PM »
I didn't. When I upgraded the forums I didn't change back some of the settings because I forgot about them. I don't even know how to fix it. HAHA
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 06:31:09 PM by Patrick »