Author Topic: Favorite OTHfourms Memories :)  (Read 2134 times)

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
Favorite OTHfourms Memories :)
« on: December 19, 2013, 04:12:38 PM »
So since the forums are coming to a close very soon, I thought we should all share our favorite memories from over the years!

I used to love the HEATED BL/LP debates!  It was so fun to see people get SO OVERLY riled up over these couples!!

I used to love making and sharing my art! And seeing everyone elses!

The contests, awards and everything like that was ALWAYS a good time :)

I met a lot of insanely amazingly awesome people here and I will never forget you guys!!

I also always loved venting and giving people advice!

my email is mary7roses@gmail.com if anyone wants to keep in contact after the forums go away!

What are your favorite memories!?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 04:22:59 PM by Mary »

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
Re: Favorite OTHfourms Memories :)
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 05:11:44 PM »
Mine would be being asked to be on staff, I remember not even knowing what that meant when asked.

The BL/LP fights. I remember NEEDING to be by a computer to see if someone responded to my latest argument and getting SO mad at some members. Only OTH could bring out that kind of heat. Ha.

Awards were always fun. I remember wishing I was friends with more people when I realized all the inside jokes people on this sit had. I didn't really talk to many people outside of the forums so I felt a bit left out. But the awards were always fun and the art is always gorgeous.

Running to see what people thought after an episode of OTH, or really any show. If there was ever a controversy on a show, I came on here to see what our peeps thought. So fun! That's what I am going to miss the most.

Offline Sarah

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • NaleyFreak20
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 05:28:14 PM »
There have been too many memories to pick a favorite, but to name a few:

Being asked to be on staff, giving out my first warning and wanting to cry, helping count award votes, getting a Christmas present in the mail - so much fun!

The "He's Too Sexy For His Shirt" James Lafferty photo thread!  Things got STEAMY.

Becoming a VIP

MSN Chats and staying up SO late while people just talked and talked about nothing and everything.  I mostly observed those chats, but it was so much fun to participate in.

Getting a shout-out on Patrick's radio show!  Coolest of cools!

And I always LOVED seeing what everyone could make with photoshop, or whatever other program they used.  Avie's, wallpapers, i enjoyed looking at everything everyone made.  I also went through a Fan-fic stage where I read every fan-fic written on the site.

Being a member of the club that couldn't make anything with photoshop. Henry the hot air-balloon.

Also, the welcome posts that Chris would make when a new member would create a thread.  He would welcome them, offer them snacks, and present them with the golden key (if I remember correctly)

I will especially miss having my Grey's buddies to talk with after each episode, now. 

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 12:38:50 PM »
I have a lot of memories here. I didn't spend much time as a moderator, but I really enjoyed being one. I learned a lot from it.

Other than that I just loved visiting this site the day after a new OTH episode aired. Same for Grey's Anatomy. That show is still going on, so I am really going to miss the people I posted recaps with. Always made it more fun. It's a part of my routine, which even my BF noticed. Whenever I forget about it he reminds me :P

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2013, 02:42:32 PM »
I can't believe that in 9 days this site is going to be gone :( I'm not ready for it.  :'( :'( :'(

Offline sophiagurl87

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
    • http://myspace.com/christinehat
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2013, 06:11:39 PM »
I remember getting to meet everyone on here
i'm 26 years old and i work at the riverside elementry school where i help little kids that are handicapped and i play the piano and i'm making bracelets for the make a wish foundation and i have a medical problem.

Offline Sema

• I'm a VIP!
  • without a doubt
    • tumblr, yo.
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 05:02:38 PM »
the art threads and getting to know everyone through them....I'm pretty sure that's how i first started taking to Rochelle, Katy, Andrea, Morgan, Samia, Jamie and all of them

all the massive Skype chats

the drama was hilarious

all the awards were so much fun. being nominated for a few when I was still a nobody was the best feeling in the world. getting to help count entire forum awards and being able to make the VIP awards....i felt so accomplished haha

the greys thread, the fanfic threads, the muslim fans thread back when it was active

the team breakfast or team skippy thread over who skips breakfast and who doesn't

the venting threads, where you could say anything and no one would judge you, people would just be there for eachother

Offline sophiagurl87

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 08:38:35 PM »
I missed the skype chats because no one was on Skype
i'm 26 years old and i work at the riverside elementry school where i help little kids that are handicapped and i play the piano and i'm making bracelets for the make a wish foundation and i have a medical problem.

Offline Andrea

• I'm a VIP!
  • Icon- Me
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2013, 03:43:12 AM »
the art threads and getting to know everyone through them....I'm pretty sure that's how i first started taking to Rochelle, Katy, Andrea, Morgan, Samia, Jamie and all of them

all the massive Skype chats

the drama was hilarious

OH THE DRAMA. And the Skype chats where my mic would make alien noises and freak everyone out. Good times.

Offline sophiagurl87

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2013, 09:50:02 AM »
Oh man I can't believe I missed that but I was thinking that all of us one tree hill fans should do a skype chat room sometime

Offline Chris

• Senior VIP. 11 years and counting.
    • The Underlined
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2013, 05:57:30 PM »

Also, the welcome posts that Chris would make when a new member would create a thread.  He would welcome them, offer them snacks, and present them with the golden key (if I remember correctly)

I will especially miss having my Grey's buddies to talk with after each episode, now. 

YESSS the golden key. the ticket to everything. funny, i handed said ticket to everything to complete strangers, without building any trust first. But OH the virtual couch. good times.

Offline Sarah

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • NaleyFreak20
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2013, 07:39:30 PM »
So mentioning the keys now made me lose it. I just pictured everyone leaving their keys on the counter like on FRIENDS.  Dying :(

I love you all so so much!

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2013, 09:26:37 PM »
Awww, the keys with Friends, now I'm super sad :(

At least we have our FB group!

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2014, 06:32:33 AM »
So mentioning the keys now made me lose it. I just pictured everyone leaving their keys on the counter like on FRIENDS.  Dying :(

I love you all so so much!

Ahw, that's so sad! :(

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2014, 09:28:42 AM »
Is there for real a FB group I don't know about?