Author Topic: Does the 5x12 speech "represent" One Tree Hill?  (Read 964 times)

Offline fmm412

Does the 5x12 speech "represent" One Tree Hill?
« on: October 16, 2013, 05:41:07 PM »
The speech/story that Lucas says to Jamie in the beginning of the episode... I read somewhere that it "represents" OTH somehow... does it? If so, how?

Offline fmm412

Re: Does the 5x12 speech "symbolically represent" One Tree Hill?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2013, 07:39:15 PM »
What do you guys think, is the story Lucas told Jamie symbolic for One Tree Hill? I read that somewhere, I just can't remember where I did and I can't seem to find the site where I saw that...

anyway, here is the quote from the beginning of 5x12:

Lucas: (voiceover) When I was a boy, my family took me on a trip. We didn't go to any exotic place, we didn't go anywhere glamourous. We just drove.
Jamie: (voiceover) Where did you go, Uncle Lucas?
Lucas: (voiceover) We drove the back roads of Tree Hill. And we saw all kinds of wonderful things.
Jamie: (voiceover) But where were you going?
Lucas: (voiceover) Everywhere. Anywhere. But where we ended up really wasn't the point. It was the things we saw and the people we met along the way.
Jamie: (voiceover) Who was with you?
Lucas: (voiceover) It was just my mom, my uncle and me.
Jamie: (voiceover) Where was your daddy?
Lucas: (voiceover) He wasn't there. But something happened that day. Something magical.
Jamie: (voiceover) What was it? What happened?
Lucas: (voiceover) My uncle let me drive.
Jamie: (voiceover) Were you scared?
Lucas: (voiceover) No. I mean, the truth is I'm not sure I ever felt safer. That day in that car with my uncle and my mom was one of the best days of my life. Just like today.

Offline espinal22

Re: Does the 5x12 speech "represent" One Tree Hill?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 03:21:55 PM »
The way I see it is that Luke said it was one of the best days of his life. It was just a simple drive with his family. It was a day where Keith was still alive and his parents were happy. He got to drive. It all seems so simple. To me, that is how it can relate to OTH. The simplicity of this moment is what made him really happy. He was with his loved ones and they were simply happy. I think that is what every character in OTh craved for their lives. Finding happiness in the smallest and simplest of places. Great Epsiode