Author Topic: Quinn and Bevin  (Read 3492 times)

Offline fmm412

Quinn and Bevin
« on: September 25, 2013, 06:14:18 PM »
How did Bevin and Quinn know each other or know of each other? In 9x13 Quinn recognizes her and says "oh hey! remember me? you're Bevin, we went to high school together." but that would have meant that Quinn went to Tree Hill the same time Haley and the rest of them went there? I don't get it... I thought all or most of Haley's family was gone/separated from her or something... at least during the early years.

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
Re: Quinn and Bevin
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 12:44:00 AM »
We only saw Junior and Senior year of High School for Haley, Quinn may have gone to Tree Hill High during their Freshman and Sophomore year.

Offline sky

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 03:10:24 PM »
Yeah, that was another continuity error the OTH writers did! lol. When Haley was a freshman, Taylor was a senior (Lucas said this in s2e11), so Haley and Taylor have a 4 year age difference. Quinn is older than Taylor so how could Quinn know Bevin from High School! lol. Quinn is 5-6 years older than Haley.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 11:04:49 AM by sky »

Offline Northlights

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 03:53:08 PM »
Quinn is younger than Taylor. Therefore, Haley was a sophomore when Quinn graduated.

But I wonder how come Quinn knew Bevin from HS and not Brooke...? I mean, Bevin and Brooke were in the same social circle and Brooke was supposed to be the most popular girl at school and all...

Offline sky

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 07:05:32 PM »
Quinn is younger than Taylor.

Taylor's younger than Quinn :) It's goes Vivian, Quinn, Taylor and then Haley (sisters-wise).

Offline NiceLegsNiceHands

• If love is an ocean, we're all sinking...
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 08:27:05 PM »
Do we really believe that Bevin never got held back? My assumption was that she repeated at least one grade in highschool, which could explain how she would know Quinn, Taylor, and Haley. (Also a lot of "high schools" have jr. high students from 7th-12th in one building. So they could have gone to school together if Bevin/Haley were in 7th grade and Quinn was a junior or senior.)
"We're circling each other like Venezuelan flamingoes engaged in a complex mating dance."
-Ed and Carol, destine to be together.

Offline Northlights

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 12:21:09 AM »
Taylor's younger than Quinn :) It's goes Vivian, Quinn, Taylor and then Haley (sisters-wise).

Quinn Alexandra James was raised by Jimmy and Lydia James into a big family; including her sisters Taylor, Vivian (mentioned but never seen), Haley and 3 brothers. Quinn is a couple of years older than Haley, and is younger than Vivian and Taylor.

;)

Offline sky

« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 10:58:49 AM »
Quinn Alexandra James was raised by Jimmy and Lydia James into a big family; including her sisters Taylor, Vivian (mentioned but never seen), Haley and 3 brothers. Quinn is a couple of years older than Haley, and is younger than Vivian and Taylor.

;)

Wiki isn't an accurate and reliable source. It's edited by people. And that was written (most likely by OTH newbie fans ;) lol) based on what they heard in 9x13. OTH writers themselves got it wrong when they wrote the series finale lol...again the continuity sucks in OTH! lol. Haley was a freshman when Taylor was a senior :) so how could Quinn fit in between? lol. Nathan told Lucas he slept with Taylor at the senior beach party when he was 14. ''Well, when we (Haley, Nathan, Lucas etc) were freshman, she (Taylor) was a senior so you probably saw her around school. (Lucas in 2x11)''. Long time OTH fans know it's goes Vivian, Quinn, Taylor and then Haley :) In season 9, Quinn was 31-32 and Haley was 26-27.

Quinn is evidently older than Taylor :)

« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 11:12:23 AM by sky »

Offline Northlights

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 12:49:40 PM »
I still don't get why do you think Quinn is older than Taylor. I understand that the people who edit wikipedia might be wrong (OTH wiki as well), but what makes you think that Taylor is older? Was is mentioned in the show? And if it was, where?

Haley was a freshman when Taylor was a senior :) so how could Quinn fit in between? lol.

Why not?

Nathan told Lucas he slept with Taylor at the senior beach party when he was 14. ''Well, when we (Haley, Nathan, Lucas etc) were freshman, she (Taylor) was a senior so you probably saw her around school. (Lucas in 2x11)''.

What does Nathan sleeping with Taylor have to do with anything?

Offline sky

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 08:58:42 AM »
Why not?

Because the only sister that Haley, Lucas, Nathan etc saw around school was Taylor. They didn't see Quinn around because she already graduated from HS before they even became Freshman :) It didn't have to be said because it was implied plenty of times that the sister before Haley was in fact Taylor. Long time OTH fans, you wanna help me out here? ;) lol

Offline SJiles

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2013, 09:51:05 AM »
The only oth did not get it wrong if quinn and taylor are twins and taylor is a couple of minutes older but I doubt that

Offline HaleyFan88

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2013, 10:19:42 AM »
Do we really believe that Bevin never got held back? My assumption was that she repeated at least one grade in highschool, which could explain how she would know Quinn, Taylor, and Haley. (Also a lot of "high schools" have jr. high students from 7th-12th in one building. So they could have gone to school together if Bevin/Haley were in 7th grade and Quinn was a junior or senior.)

Actually, there was never any indication that Bevin wasn't book smart.  Remember in 413 - her talk with Rachel...

"I know people think I'm stupid but I'm not dumb.  I just let you and the other girls have your way because that's how you need it to be.  But I think Carl's right.  Pretty soon we're all gonna graduate and I can start over.  It'll be harder for the people who need this place to make themselves feel special.  People who use high school to build themselves up and then find out that the real world doesn't care so much about who you were in high school.  People like you."

While it was clear that Bevin was ditzy, she also pretended a lot as well and it didn't mean she was academically stupid. Ditzy and stupid are not the same thing.

In terms of the James sister sequence...

The James family was always one of the continuity errors on One Tree Hill.  I mean, Haley talked about being born into a big family with sisters AND brothers.  Vivian was actually mentioned by Nathan in 211 yet once season 7 came, she was seemingly forgotten about along with all of those so-called brothers.  So I've come to just accept Taylor, Quinn, and Haley as the only James siblings.  :)

Please don't do the "longtime fans vs newbies" stuff.  I happily admit that I am a newbie to the show but that doesn't mean I automatically know less.  That is quite a general and quite frankly, insulting statement.  As long as one has seen and/or has the ability to go and search through the episodes, anyone (even people who aren't fans of the show) can "answer" that question.  Since Quinn's age or her place in the James sister line-up has NEVER been mentioned on the show then it's anyone's guess and opinion on what that answer is.

However, there are more refererences to insinuate that she is in fact younger than Taylor.  Here are some examples:

1)  Quinn could have easily been a junior when Taylor was a senior/Haley was a freshman.
   ^^^The show began at Haley's junior year so both Taylor and Quinn would have been graduated from THHS, hence explaining their absence at the school or at the James residance.
2)  Quinn made this comment in 708:
"When Hales was in high school, she used to get all stressed about grades and tests and we would make special brownies."
   ^^^One could assume that this began Haley's freshman year (Taylor's senior and Quinn's junior, carrying into Haley's sophomore and Quinn's senior).
3)  In 709 (I think that was the episode), Quinn told Clay that she and Haley used to volunteer/read (whatever that was) together in high school.
   ^^^Again, that could have been the Haley freshman/sophomore and Quinn junior/senior years.

So with these references alone plus the online source (no matter how reliable/unreliable it may be), I choose to believe that it goes Taylor, Quinn, and Haley.  And for the record, I've always assumed Quinn was younger than Taylor since season 7 and I never once looked at anything online.  I have never looked up anything on Wikipedia.  This is just my perception of it and that's good enough for me since there is more evidence to support that theory - not to mention, there is no right answer here since it was never said outright.

And I'm sorry but what is that picture supposed to prove?  For one thing, how do you know which girl is who?  That picture is fan-made; a fan inserted those names.  Who's to say he or she was right?  There was never an episode where anyone pulled that picture (or any others) out and pinpointed who was who.  So that picture is as reliable/unreliable as Wikipedia may or may not be.  And secondly, let's say those names did in fact fit correctly with the girls - that still doesn't give an age away.  Those girls all look relatively close together in age and it's not like they have distinct genetic features to prove anything.  Even a girl (or boy) who is smaller than another girl (or boy) may in fact be the older one.  Heigh, weight - that's not completely affirmative when finding a relative age.

Offline Northlights

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2013, 02:37:43 PM »
Because the only sister that Haley, Lucas, Nathan etc saw around school was Taylor. They didn't see Quinn around because she already graduated from HS before they even became Freshman :) It didn't have to be said because it was implied plenty of times that the sister before Haley was in fact Taylor. Long time OTH fans, you wanna help me out here? ;) lol

Although HaleyFan88 explained the matter perfectly, in response to this I'd just like to add that Lucas' comment to Nathan about seeing Taylor around school does not mean that Quinn wasn't also there at that time. She simply wasn't part of that conversation so there was no need for Lucas or Nathan to mention her while discussing Taylor.

Offline sky

« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2013, 03:41:10 PM »
And for the record, I've always assumed Quinn was younger than Taylor since season 7 and I never once looked at anything online.  I have never looked up anything on Wikipedia.  This is just my perception of it and that's good enough for me since there is more evidence to support that theory - not to mention, there is no right answer here since it was never said outright.

And I'm sorry but what is that picture supposed to prove?  For one thing, how do you know which girl is who?  That picture is fan-made; a fan inserted those names.  Who's to say he or she was right?  There was never an episode where anyone pulled that picture (or any others) out and pinpointed who was who.  So that picture is as reliable/unreliable as Wikipedia may or may not be.  And secondly, let's say those names did in fact fit correctly with the girls - that still doesn't give an age away.  Those girls all look relatively close together in age and it's not like they have distinct genetic features to prove anything.  Even a girl (or boy) who is smaller than another girl (or boy) may in fact be the older one.  Heigh, weight - that's not completely affirmative when finding a relative age.

When 2x11 and the earlier seasons first aired, fans assumed and believed that Quinn was older than Taylor. The way they spoke about Haley and Taylor, it was like Haley was the youngest and Taylor was the second youngest. The way they mentioned Quinn as well it seemed like they were implying that she's the sister before Taylor. It was just a given to us fans. But, when the writers wrote Quinn into the show, they obviously had to switch Taylor and Quinn's age around so it all fits in. I'm not saying that what you guys are saying is wrong because the OTH writers themselves got it wrong when they switched it around in season 7. I choose to believe what was implied and said in the earlier seasons because the stuff they said back then is more accurate than the stuff they said in the later seasons (season 7, 8 and 9). The continuity back in the earlier seasons wasn't that bad compared to the continuity in season 7, 8 and 9.

That picture is from the ''Naley house''. I labeled the picture myself and the names are correct :) Quinn was the one who wore glasses as a kid (Lydia mentioned that in 7x16.), Haley's natural hair colour is blonde, and Taylor was/is a brunette. You can tell that Quinn is the oldest out of all of them in that picture because her face is the most mature one (age-wise, aging process) and she has a non-baby face lol. Taylor and Haley still have their baby face in that picture. Also, Taylor lost some of her milk teeth in that picture and in all those other pictures. Quinn has all her permanent teeth (except for one) in those old pictures of them. I know some kids lose their baby teeth faster than others (age doesn't really matter for that) but I highly doubt the OTH writers would go with the ''uncommon'' order/way of kids losing their baby teeth rather than the ''common'' order/way of kids losing their baby teeth lol. I believe that it goes Vivian, Quinn, Taylor and then Haley (out of the sisters) and that's my opinion :) It's okay if you believe otherwise. It's your opinion :)

Offline NiceLegsNiceHands

• If love is an ocean, we're all sinking...
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 06:29:23 PM »
So we're supposed to go based off one picture? If we actually listen to what the show said we'd find this out

Quinn was in high school when Taylor and Haley were in high school.
Quinn volunteered as a tutor the same time Haley did.
Quinn knew Bevin from high school.

Taylor had sex with Nathan when he was 14 and she was a senior.

Haley is the youngest.

So that means based on everything MARK, the actual show writer, has written: Taylor is the oldest, Quinn is the middle, and Haley is the youngest.

Of course you can ignore evidence and continue to believe whatever you want, but this argument is stupid.
"We're circling each other like Venezuelan flamingoes engaged in a complex mating dance."
-Ed and Carol, destine to be together.