Author Topic: Was 4x10 a GREAT episode?  (Read 1004 times)

Offline fmm412

Was 4x10 a GREAT episode?
« on: September 21, 2013, 12:29:47 AM »
I've said this on here before, but I'm currently re-watching the show with a friend of mine, from start to finish. Tonight we watched 4x09 and 4x10. After 4x09 I could tell he really liked that episode - he was all talking like "that was a really good episode, at first I thought this, then I thought that..." etc. etc. but I didn't get that sense from him after we watched 4x10.

So out of those two episodes which did YOU like better? And is 4x10 a "GREAT" episode, or is it just "pretty good"?

Offline sophiaisawesome

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
Re: Was 4x10 a GREAT episode?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 06:36:45 AM »
4x09 was AMAZING!

4x10 was crap.

Offline Northlights

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 09:10:48 AM »
4x10 was the beginning of rewriting history to fit Mark's current storyline. I don't know which was worse, Lucas' "I am a wonderful person" dream or the fact that the dream made no sense.

While Lucas' attempt to help Nathan and Haley to reconcile was admirable, he wasn't the reason Haley came back. Therefore, Nathan wouldn't have been bitter and angry if it wasn't for Lucas. They made it seem like Lucas was the sole reason for Naley reunion.

The episode was heavily focused on Leyton and completely ignored the effect Lucas had on Brooke, which was IMO much greater than the one he had on Peyton. Brooke was the one that changed considerably from the moment she met Lucas, and for the better. Peyton on the other hand was more or less the same. If anything she became needy, weak and too dependable on Lucas. Not exactly a positive change. And 4x10 showed that the biggest impact Lucas had on Brooke was that he saved Peyton from the library....please... Goth Brooke was laughable. There's no way Brooke would have become a goth had Peyton died, more likely she would have thrown a party like she did when Keith died.

Offline HaleyFan88

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 10:58:05 AM »
Oh my gosh, sophiaisawesome and Northlights, your posts sum it up perfectly.

Nothing against Lucas but he hardly had THAT big of an impact on everyone else.  That was just, I'm sorry but for lack of a better word...pathetic.  He was not that wonderful of a person.  He was not the reason Haley came back home - nope, she came home all on her own and for Nathan.  And goth Brooke - that was hilarious.  I really don't think Brooke would have turned goth just because Peyton died.  Give me a break.  That whole episode was only there to prop up Lucas and the Leyton relationship.  The only decent part of this episode were the Naley, Nathan (excluding in the record store), and Paley moments.

Now 409 - that was an amazing episode.  It had all the perfect elements.