Author Topic: Karen & Dan Reconnecting  (Read 965 times)

Offline Jerret

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • meow
Karen & Dan Reconnecting
« on: July 29, 2013, 12:59:46 PM »
Sooo in S4 Dan and Karen spent the whole season building a friendship up with each other, and then kissing towards the end of the season. What did you all think about that? Some of it was a little over the top, but I feel like with Karen being pregnant and Keith gone that she was vulnerable and Dan really was coming across as if he had changed, so I thought it worked actually. I always knew from S1 that with their history the show would at some point or another try and do something like that with them, and I think S4 was the perfect time to do it. 

Offline Northlights

Re: Karen & Dan Reconnecting
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 01:50:49 PM »
Although I understand that Karen was vulnerable, it did not seem very believable to me after everything that happened in the past between the two of them that Karen would be willing to let Dan get so close again. He didn't just desert her and Lucas but went out of his way to make their life a living hell once Lucas joined the Ravens.

Dan's motives were much clearer. He was remorseful and haunted about killing Keith and in a way he wanted a second chance. But Karen we saw in the first 3 seasons would never fall for his act again. What changed to make her believe that he wouldn't abandon her again?

Offline xfreekx

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 04:36:59 PM »
It was tough to believe but i feel like they did a good job of very slowly easing Dan back into Karen's life.

She was madly in love with him at one time, and she began to see that man again. Add that to all of her recent struggles and i think she just let her guard down a little bit.

Offline onehotscott23

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 05:22:27 PM »
Yeah, I agree they did a good job with this storyline.  I like how they slowly worked Dan back into Karen's life and that they didn't take the relationship too far.