Author Topic: Brooke and Peyton's fight.  (Read 2117 times)

Offline Molina

Brooke and Peyton's fight.
« on: June 20, 2013, 02:31:58 PM »
Why was Peyton so angry at Brooke when that sex tape was shown in the party?
After all, considering the fact that she kissed Lucas twice behind her best friend's back she should have been a bit more calm towards Brooke at that point of time because she had committed the same mistake at some point of time.  :-?

Offline sophiaisawesome

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
Re: Brooke and Peyton's fight.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2013, 03:03:23 PM »
^Not to mention P & N just had broken up / weren't in love.

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2013, 04:08:29 PM »
I think she was most upset because Brooke and Nathan held that from her and to find out years later, that your best friend and your ex had sex 5 minutes after you two broke up, it's upsetting, no matter the circumstances.  And since Brooke got so mad when she kissed Lucas (I understand TOTALLY different circumstances, but similar situations, IMO), Brooke had done something similar to that, in Peyton's eyes, Peyton just was distraught and upset.

While on this subject, I don't think Haley really had any reason to be upset that Brooke or Nathan didn't tell her, though she was hormonal and that's the ONLY reason why I think it upset her so much.

IMO, Peyton fans will always see it one way, and Brooke fans will always see it another.  I've always been a fan of both girls and that's just how I always saw it.

Offline Northlights

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 07:27:47 PM »
This storyline was pretty much the last nail in the coffin of Broke's character in season 4 but, disregarding my personal distaste for this contrivance, Peyton had every right to act the way she did. Technicality that they were "broken up" doesn't mean much to me cause Brooke was aware of the nature of their relationship.

Offline Molina

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 04:32:09 AM »
^Not to mention P & N just had broken up / weren't in love.
Exactly dude. I seriously wasn't happy with her reaction.

Offline Molina

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2013, 04:41:50 AM »
I think she was most upset because Brooke and Nathan held that from her and to find out years later, that your best friend and your ex had sex 5 minutes after you two broke up, it's upsetting, no matter the circumstances.  And since Brooke got so mad when she kissed Lucas (I understand TOTALLY different circumstances, but similar situations, IMO), Brooke had done something similar to that, in Peyton's eyes, Peyton just was distraught and upset.

While on this subject, I don't think Haley really had any reason to be upset that Brooke or Nathan didn't tell her, though she was hormonal and that's the ONLY reason why I think it upset her so much.

IMO, Peyton fans will always see it one way, and Brooke fans will always see it another.  I've always been a fan of both girls and that's just how I always saw it.
Dude. On the Haley part. I totally agree with you. I mean, I seriously was confused at her reaction after seeing the video. Even she knew that Nathan was the "bad boy" before she came into his life. It was just her hormones on the "getting angry at Nathan after watching the sextape" part.

But what you said about Peyton and Brooke. After seeing Peyton's reaction it kind of did shock me a bit. Because Nathan and Peyton had already broken up then. And considering the fact that Brooke and Nathan were the "bad boy" and the "bad girl" of the school and also the addition of the fact that they both were drunk and were sad or pissed at something at that point of time, that was bound to happen. It's not that I'm a Brooke fan and so I'm defending her or something. I like both Peyton and Brooke both too.  :)

Offline Molina

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2013, 04:47:30 AM »
This storyline was pretty much the last nail in the coffin of Broke's character in season 4 but, disregarding my personal distaste for this contrivance, Peyton had every right to act the way she did. Technicality that they were "broken up" doesn't mean much to me cause Brooke was aware of the nature of their relationship.
Yes. Brooke was aware of the nature of their relationship. I totally agree with that. And I also know that Brooke wouldn't have ever done something like this to her best friend if she was in her senses at that particular moment. But no. She wasn't. Nathan and Brooke, both of them were drunk. And so I think that Peyton's reaction to this was inappropriate. She just went and punched Brooke. Brooke didn't punch her when she kissed Lucas and had sex with him EVEN WHEN SHE WAS DATING HIM behind her back. Thus, my thoughts.  :)

Offline Dagmar

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Art by Brittany
    • Fanfiction.com
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2013, 06:16:42 AM »
Huh, I thought I had already responded to this yesterday...oh well.

I love Brooke, but in my opinion Peyton was entirely right to be angry in this situation.
Broken up or not, you don't go after the guy your best friend is/was with. They had only broken up earlier that evening. There is no excuse for that, I think.

And I know being drunk is often used as an excuse, but in my opinion alcohol makes it easier to do things, it does not make you do things you don't want to do. And even drunk you know right from wrong. You just don't care or think about consequences.

But that said, I don't think Peyton was just angry because Brooke slept with Nathan. I think she was more angry because of all the things that had happened between Brooke and Peyton the previous year. Brooke had taken a moral high ground and that videotape showed that she had no right to take that moral high ground. Brooke had lied to her. I think that upset Peyton more than anything else. That would be the part that would hurt me the most.

"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds"

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2013, 06:27:32 AM »
Huh, I thought I had already responded to this yesterday...oh well.

I love Brooke, but in my opinion Peyton was entirely right to be angry in this situation.
Broken up or not, you don't go after the guy your best friend is/was with. They had only broken up earlier that evening. There is no excuse for that, I think.

And I know being drunk is often used as an excuse, but in my opinion alcohol makes it easier to do things, it does not make you do things you don't want to do. And even drunk you know right from wrong. You just don't care or think about consequences.

But that said, I don't think Peyton was just angry because Brooke slept with Nathan. I think she was more angry because of all the things that had happened between Brooke and Peyton the previous year. Brooke had taken a moral high ground and that videotape showed that she had no right to take that moral high ground. Brooke had lied to her. I think that upset Peyton more than anything else. That would be the part that would hurt me the most.

Fully agree with this!

Offline Northlights

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2013, 11:04:18 AM »
Yes. Brooke was aware of the nature of their relationship. I totally agree with that. And I also know that Brooke wouldn't have ever done something like this to her best friend if she was in her senses at that particular moment. But no. She wasn't. Nathan and Brooke, both of them were drunk. And so I think that Peyton's reaction to this was inappropriate. She just went and punched Brooke. Brooke didn't punch her when she kissed Lucas and had sex with him EVEN WHEN SHE WAS DATING HIM behind her back. Thus, my thoughts.  :)

Being drunk seems to be Brooke's excuse for a lot of things. She was drunk so she hooked up with her best friend's boyfriend 5 minutes after they broke up. She was drunk so she slept with Chris Keller while playing games with Lucas. And both times she technically did not cheat....but it's pretty much the same thing.

Peyton and Lucas did not have sex while Lucas was with Brooke.

Offline HaleyFan88

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2013, 12:43:51 PM »
I don't think Peyton overreacted AT ALL; I think she had every right to act the way she did.  Brooke was absolutely dreadful this season, and she ended up coming across as one big hypocrite and jerk - with things out the Breyton fighting even.

Had Breyton not been fighting or had Brooke not been such an uncalled for, over-the-top bitch, I don't think Peyton would have reacted that way.  It was about so much more than just Nathan and Brooke hooking up.  Brooke went out of her way to treat Peyton like she was this lying slut who intentionally backstabbed her when Brooke should cast herself on the same level.

I don't care that Pathan were broken up - as Peyton said, they broke up all the time.  Brooke hooked up with her bff's boyfriend like two seconds after they broke up.  Girl code is still in effect.  In my opinion, what she did was no better/no worse than what Peyton did.

And I am so tired of people using Brooke being drunk as an excuse.  That'd be like if someone was drunk and murdered someone - well, that person shouldn't be held accountable b/c they were drunk.  Yeah, I don't think so.  Like someone else said, alcohol loosens you up; it doesn't make you unaware of your actions.  I have been drunk many times and I may have said/done some inappropriate things, but I was aware of my actions every time.  Brooke pulls the "I was drunk" line way too much.  And the way she tried to cry victim after and then blaming Peyton for Chase breaking up with her.  Please - STFU, Brooke!  Brooke seriously needed to grow up, own up, and take responsibility for her own actions and quit blaming everyone else.

Let's also not forget the horrible things Brooke said about Peyton's mom.  That was some of the lowest, most disgusting things Brooke has ever done.  You could hear the hurt in Peyton's voice and see the betrayal on her face when Peyton brought that up during their fight at her house.  I think that's where the root of most of Peyton's anger/reaction came from.  I was wanting Peyton to punch Brooke again - she deserved it the first time, but I don't think once was fair enough.

As for Haley's reaction - I just found it more of a comic relief b/c of her hormones.  Besides, along with the emotional craziness due to pregnancy, who wouldn't go a little "crazy" after finding out your husband slept with a good friend of yours, not to mention MOH - even if it happened before you knew each other/got together.  I admit I would; my man better share his roster with me.  It's not like Haley really went off the handle and went off on anyone or even held onto it in a cruel, hateful way.  It was supposed to be funny and not taken so seriously.  For me, that's exactly how it came across.