Author Topic: Alternate Ending  (Read 1378 times)

Offline ValerieBL

Alternate Ending
« on: May 31, 2013, 08:03:20 PM »
Hi!

So I have never posted very much in here, but I used to come and read here all day every day. So I was also here for all the big Brucas vs Leyton wars lol ;) Now I was recenlty watching the season 3 finale again and if I remember correctly at the end of season 3, or at least during the filming of the finale, the renewal for a 4th season was very much in doubt. Now I remember a lot of LP fans saying that in case of a possible cancellation, Mark had filmed (or written idk) a secret alternate ending scene where Peyton and Lucas would still end up together out of the blue after the wedding instead of Brooke and Lucas.

Now I was wondering, was that really true? Was there ever any proof for this? I just remember Leyton fans saying this, but I've personally never read it anywhere. And if true, do we know anything more about this alternate ending?
If you need to hear why I love you, I can go on all night

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
Re: Alternate Ending
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 08:28:29 PM »
I have no idea.  I never heard that.  I think Mark just wrote the cliffhanger ending hoping to get renewed, he didn't know when it aired if they were going to be renewed or not so I do not think that is true.

He may have had a back up ending in case he knew in time but they don't usually announce if they get renewed until after the finale airs.  I know all the tv schedules for all the major networks came out like a week or two after the finales have aired this year.

Offline ValerieBL

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 08:41:44 PM »
Oh ok thanks!  I've always wondered about it. Since you know, there wasn't really a clear cliffhanger in regards to Brucas vs Leyton in the season 3 finale, so if it was cancelled, nothing would have pointed against Brooke and Lucas ending the series together since they were "seemingly" fine at the end of the episode. I think that's why speculation must have started about an alternate ending or something since they had only a very small chance of getting renewed.
If you need to hear why I love you, I can go on all night

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 05:48:56 AM »
Back at the day I was really scared the show was a goner, lol. I wasn't paying attention to the renewal status of shows yet, so I was really in the dark. That cliffhanger was so huge, lol. And for a big while I really thought it would be ending of the show. I am so super glad, that after all these insecure years, we got 9 seasons out of it. The show that just wouldn't die, no matter what time-slot or which shows aired in the same time-slot.

Offline xfreekx

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 08:56:46 PM »
Back at the day I was really scared the show was a goner, lol. I wasn't paying attention to the renewal status of shows yet, so I was really in the dark. That cliffhanger was so huge, lol. And for a big while I really thought it would be ending of the show. I am so super glad, that after all these insecure years, we got 9 seasons out of it. The show that just wouldn't die, no matter what time-slot or which shows aired in the same time-slot.

Agreed. As much as everybody thinks the early seasons are the best. I wouldn't love the show as much had it ended after S3. The 9 years dedicated to it, through all the ups and downs really is what made the show so special to me.