Author Topic: Going to Wilmington!  (Read 7403 times)

Offline mscfreak

Going to Wilmington!
« on: May 06, 2013, 05:31:32 PM »
Greetings everyone!
In July i'm going to wilmington for 2day's now my question is what do i must see? would love tips etc!
thanks in advance!

Offline DJ

• I'm a VIP!
Re: Going to Wilmington!
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 07:52:15 AM »
Is this your first time?  I live a couple of hours away.  I haven't been there in about a year, but am going next weekend.  I'm sure I'll be near some filming locations and can see what's changed. I could tell you a bunch of places now, most of which I'm sure are still there, but it's possible some are not (like individual houses or buildings.)  I can give you a pretty good "tour" if I know whether you've ever been.

Offline mscfreak

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 07:51:57 PM »
Greetings dear dj yes this is first time i'll be there we have rent a car die those 2 days so any guidance would be much aprciated!

Offline DJ

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 08:18:15 PM »
Got your message.  I'll send you an email with details.

Offline fmm412

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2013, 11:54:19 PM »
Are there actually cool things left to see in Wilmington? That are related to OTH? I know the river court is gone, that sucks... what about the bridge though? I think it'd kinda be cool to see the bridge, either the one Lucas dribbles across (in the pilot and in the theme song), or the bridge where Lucas and Peyton talk about her mom (early in season 1) and where Lucas and Keith talk in 4x10... I wonder if it's all the same bridge? I'm pretty sure Lucas/Peyton in S1 and Lucas/Keith in 4x10 are on the same bridge, but I'm not sure if that's the same bridge that Lucas dribbles across...

Offline DJ

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 04:23:29 PM »
There are still plenty of filming sites to see in Wilmington.  The bridge from the opening song is there.  I don't know if that's the same bridge that is in those other scenes, though.

Offline Tepecm

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 11:20:23 PM »
I am in myrtle beach right now..we are taking a trip to Wilmington tomorrow to visit One tree hill locations. I am kind of scared that there aren't any left since its been a while since they filmed. I saw that the river court wasn't there? That's such a bummer. Is everything else on the list still there does anyone know. Any suggestions on where to go or what is still there would be great. Thanks so much. I've been waiting so long to take this trip!

Offline a2013

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2013, 12:57:34 PM »
Hi,

We are planning to go to Wilmington next May as part of our honeymoon and was hoping someone who has been their recently could let me know what is still there. I can't believe the rivercourt is no longer there. We haven't booked the holiday yet and I am a little unsure whether to include a stop off at Wilmington (as we are coming from the UK).

Really appreciate anyone's help.

Thanks

Offline DJ

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2013, 08:25:22 PM »
I think there's still a lot to see.  I live about 2 hours away, but don't get there as often as I'd like.

The OP on this thread is there right now, and he traveled from Europe.  He made Wilmington one of many stops in the US.  You might want to see what he says when he gets back, about whether it's worth it.  I just don't have that same perspective, so can't really say if it's worth adding it as a stop.

Offline DCForever199

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 08:23:41 AM »
There is still many one tree hill locations left in the city. If there is any in specific you are looking for I can try to help you with. I am headed back to Wilmington, NC this week for another vacation, I love that city.

Offline a2013

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 07:43:01 AM »
Thanks for the responses. We decided to go ahead and book 3 days in Wilmington. Everyone says what a beautiful place it is anyway.

DCForever199, did you look up any OTH locations whilst you were on vacation? If so, I'd be really interested to hear where you went and what was still there so I can try to plan an itinerary. We are not hiring a car and so are planning to stay near to Cape Fear Community College and walk to where we need to go.

Thanks again.

Offline DCForever199

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2013, 11:56:39 PM »
When are you going? Give me till tomorrow and I will type you up location list for the downtown area.

Offline a2013

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 07:54:36 AM »
Hi,

Thank you very much. We are going on 1st May (next year).

Offline Steccky

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2013, 03:21:04 PM »
And I would like to live in Wilmington after I finish my college here.Wanna be a citizen of USA and Wilmington.  :laugh:

Offline lemongreenday

« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2013, 12:52:46 AM »
I've been to a couple of their Vampire Diaries conventions, they always manage to get great guests and hold a great event so I'd definitely recommend going if you're a fan!