Author Topic: Question about Peyton/Lucas/Brooke  (Read 960 times)

Offline NiceLegsNiceHands

• If love is an ocean, we're all sinking...
Question about Peyton/Lucas/Brooke
« on: May 03, 2013, 07:07:50 PM »
I am currently doing my annual OTH rewatch and I'm at season 4. Did Peyon/Brooke ever tell Lucas why Brooke was so pissed at Peyton at the end of season 3? I know that Lucas assumed it was because of the kiss, but did he ever actually know it was because Peyton told Brooke about her feelings for Lucas? For some reason that has been bothering me today and also I guess why Lucas was a crappy boyfriend, because he didn't even ask Brooke why they were fighting after he realized Peyton hadn't told Brooke about the kiss.
"We're circling each other like Venezuelan flamingoes engaged in a complex mating dance."
-Ed and Carol, destine to be together.

Offline Dagmar

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Art by Brittany
    • Fanfiction.com
Re: Question about Peyton/Lucas/Brooke
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 07:16:03 PM »
I think, if someone told him it would have been after he started dating Peyton. After all, he seemed very surprised by her confession of love.

And while I think he was often a crappy boyfriend to Brooke, I don't think this was really one of his bad things. He thought he knew what their fight was about and tried to explain. He realised he shared something she didn't know and than tried to fix their relationship. The fight she had with Peyton took the backseat to fixing him and Brooke for him, I think. Which isn't too weird. The fight had not involved him (directly), so it wasn't a priority anymore once he started arguing with Brooke.

I hope this made sense, it's the middle of the night and way past my bedtime :P

"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds"