Author Topic: My Favorite OTHforums Moment is...  (Read 4036 times)

Offline Patrick

• Forums Owner
  • Posting Freak
  • Creator of OTHfans.com
    • OTHfans.com
My Favorite OTHforums Moment is...
« on: March 26, 2013, 06:18:29 PM »
We all have our favorite moments here at OTHforums.com... please share yours below.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
Re: My Favorite OTHforums Moment is...
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 06:24:40 PM »
May sound strange, but I actually liked all the discussions fans had over the most silly reasons ever ( if you compare it to real trouble ) like huge battles between Joy fans and Sophia fans. People who liked both were rare. So I bonded with a few people over that. I honestly liked the entire cast and thought the screen time, etc was pretty equal.

Other than that I loved the people I met while talking about Grey's. Since OTH ended that was the main reason for me to come to this site. Sarah, Mary, Terra <3

And being part of the staff was something I really loved!

Plus I used to have huge discussions with John & SMS but befriended them in the process. I don't think they are still around, but still a huge nod to them. German_Girl, a nod for you too! Always used to pm with eachother about all sort of stuff. Strange posts we noticed, etc.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 06:33:19 PM »
There are so many things I remember about the forums. Some were off the forums. I never interacted with people I didn't physically know on the Internet until here. So even Skype conversations and meeting people and talking like I've known them forever was a great memory.

Oddly enough, my favorite moment on the forums was the LP vs BL battles. I remember after each episode of season 3 especially, coming on here and battling about who was right, Peyton or Brooke. I would literally check constantly to see who had responded to my posts. As much as I would always stay neutral on here, there were those few members that would drive me up the wall. Honestly, I'm going to miss having those feuds on here. Even when I rewatch episodes I think of new things I would debate on here.

It's so weird these things will be gone and we won't be having these discussions anymore. I always come in here when I hear about new ventures for any cast members because I know everyone here knows about it and I wonder what they think. Especially Sophia fans, because you don't cross those people. ;)

Offline MrsLafferty8

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 06:41:24 PM »
haha this is cool. I think one of my favorite moments was maybe just reading all the info on visiting Wilmington! I got a TON of info for both of my visits there and i couldn't have done it without you guys :) Im getting sad now :( And i'll admit for othfans.com me winning tickets to the last charity game a highlight of my life! I had no money to even try to buy tickets offline and it was a blessing to win the tickets! life changed forever! It wouldn't have happened without this place <3 always and forver ;)

Offline cpinchot

• Brucas Forever
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 07:14:42 PM »
For me was just stumbling upon this site in the first place and realizing how great it was. After realizing how great OTH was and getting know everyone and having so many great threads and contests. I am going to miss this community a lot, but everyone knows everything must come to and end and we appreciate the great years of dedication and help from OTHforums Staff!

"I'll Miss The Girl Behind The Red Door"   Lucas Scott

Offline Morgan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • N.Scott ♥
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 08:16:26 PM »
Well I haven't been on here in forever but I will always be fond on this place. It introduced me to so many people I still talk to every single day. I definitely think my favorite forum moment (which it wasn't even really ON the forums) but it was when we all had Skype conversations. Whether they were text or phone calls. It definitely caused some drama but it was hilarious and fun to get to know people on a more personal side.

I also LOVED making the NH Thread with Mia. That thing took a lifetime but it's nice to see that people love it. Totally worth the time it took.

Sad to see this go but it was an amazing run! Thank you to Patrick and the mods who kept it going all these years. DM if you want to stay in touch and we can swap twitters or something, lol. Love you all! <3
-katy.rocks.my.socks-

Shoutout to my haters! Sorry you couldn't phase me.

Offline Sema

• I'm a VIP!
  • without a doubt
    • tumblr, yo.
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 09:00:26 PM »
the BL events thread that one summer. With Tori, Katy, Samia, Melissa, Terra and everyone else coming together and making the big intro post and the playlist and participating in the events, it was so nice.

And also...the art threads. Making new friends and having novel length posts was always a delight. Rochelle, Morgan, Katy, Samia, Jamie, Shinta, Andrea...and the list goes on and on. We had such a solid community over there, it was so nice, I definitely will miss that

Offline naleychick

• Posting Freak
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 10:06:29 PM »
There are so many moments on here that I cherish. Meeting people like Shinta, Amber, and some other girls from the Joy section. Man I still remember how long the JLs thread got! Also trying to spot any unscripted stuff that Joy and James did and talk about it here. I remember going through the art thread and looking at all the great art that Shinta did and how she let people request things. She is what inspired myself to try and make some avatars, banners, etc. I guess for me there are too many good memories to pick a favorite. I'm really going to miss this place.
Someday, this beach might wash away, the oceans may dry, the sun could dim, but on that day I'll still be loving you. Always and forever.

Offline Jerret

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • meow
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 10:45:29 AM »
There were so many! A lot of people didn't, but I personally really liked the WarZone section we had back when S6 first starting airing I think. It was just cool to have a section entirely dedicated to being able to debate with out a whole lot of censoring.

I also used to love the spoilers section. It was always the first place I would go everytime I logged in...I just had to always knew the latest filming info and what not. It was addicting.

It was only for a short time, but I really enjoyed being on the staff back a couple of years ago. It was awesome being able to help contribute to the forums like that on a greater level. All the staff was so nice and it was a great privilege.

Gonna miss this place!

Offline Sarah

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • NaleyFreak20
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 03:22:10 PM »

I have so many! Wow.. Where to even start?

When I first joined the forums, Michael Copon had JUST came and posted, I literally missed him by a week - so I joined and just prayed he'd come back - never did lol. SO- I filled up my time waiting by joining in on Naley discussions, and reading fan-fics..

THEN came upon Spill It.. Ill never forget the group of us who always posted in that section. My love for the people on the forums became much bigger than my love for the show. I was always in the spill it section, probably where the majority of my posts went. Just talking about life, happy things, sad things, getting advice and sometimes giving it.. That's when we all became a family.

I also loved posting in the He's too sexy for his shirt Thread for James ;)  lets just say things got steamy.

Being on staff was fun, too!  I was on it 2, maybe 3 years? I can't remember - but I remember when I left for college, a lot of changes were happening here that I just couldn't get a grip on, so I went ahead and left staff then.. I really hadnt been all that involved here with the exception of a few posts here and there until the how ended.

The first othforuns awards was a great memory too! And I got Biggest Naley fan two years in a row!

Meeting people like Marte, Chris, Jill, Peter, Mikey, And Liz waaaay back when - and also recently Ingmar, Mary and Terra with our Greys anatomy obsession! I know I'm leaving out a ton of people I absolutely adore, sorry - I'm at work and don't have much time and my brain is fried lol

Outside of the forums - chatting with members on MSN and Skype was always amazing! :) so many memories made here that I can't list them all, those are just the ones that stuck out the most while I'm sitting here at work lol. Ill probably add more later :)

Patrick - can't wait to hear yours!!

Offline Patrick

• Forums Owner
  • Posting Freak
  • Creator of OTHfans.com
    • OTHfans.com
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2013, 11:03:22 PM »
Patrick - can't wait to hear yours!!
I don't believe I will be doing one. :)

Offline MikeyP

• I'm a VIP!
  • Bryanna<3
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2013, 11:40:19 PM »
Because posting about nothing but your obsession about me would be considered weird...

Offline Patrick

• Forums Owner
  • Posting Freak
  • Creator of OTHfans.com
    • OTHfans.com
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2013, 12:51:33 AM »
Because posting about nothing but your obsession about me would be considered weird...
Damn. You caught me.

Offline Rosie_x

• Posting 24/7
  • I <3 my UKer family (icon: LJ)
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 12:42:43 PM »
Wow, I haven't posted on here for maybe 2 years but when I heard that this little place on the internet was closing I felt truly sad and it would have been wrong of me not to bid it and everyone a fond farewell.

I have so many amazing memories from this place especially those that took place in the LP threads and our numerous UK threads.

which brings me back to why I wanted to stop in and say goodbye. I wanted to thank everyone who kept the forums going for so long because without this place I wouldn't have met people who after so many years I still call fond friends and who I speak too almost every day. Rach, Jen, Aimee, Mia, Morgan ...I loveeeee you.

This place was my little hideout when I was a really lonely and lost silly teenager and now I'm 21, still kind of lost but not half as lonely so thank you for the 6 years of One Tree Hill community everyone here gave me and the insane 30 days of my life I spent here!

best of luck, love and wishes to everyone.

xxxx

Fall head first like paper planes in playground games, next thing we're touching, You look at me it's like you hit me with lightning.

Offline Sara

• dodger716
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 05:00:21 PM »
I'd probably say anything BL vs. LP related, but especially the icons thing.  I don't remember how it started, I think maybe it was just a pro-BL thing, but quickly turned into all the LPers having icons too.  The shade was incredible lol.  But it was fun.

I found the forums and joined around seasons 5/6.  But I had just watched seasons 1-4 on DVD and was ready to fight about LP vs. BL haha.  Luckily for me most shippers were no where near over it at that time.

I also wanna say that while it was never my thing to try and get to know people on a personal level, I still came to love each and every person as a fellow OTH geek.  After every episode, good (or mostly bad), I was eager to see everyone's take on it.  There have been a lot of insightful and funny people here, and watching the show wouldn't have been the same experience without you guys.