Author Topic: Nikki over Brooke??  (Read 2204 times)

Offline onlyoth23

• Believing you'll do well is half the battle...
Nikki over Brooke??
« on: February 06, 2013, 08:03:26 PM »
In the episode when luas breaks up with Brooke, there is a scene where Brooke talks about giving lucas a sponge bath and he explains that he cant have sex for a while. but in the very next episode he sleeps with nikki... so clearly he can get some and be just fine. so is this lucas choosing nikki over brooke? did lucas just completely lose any attraction whatsoever with brooke at that moment? why do you think he chose to sleep with nikki an not brooke? do you think its just because he was going to break up with brooke anyways?
onlyoth<3

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
Re: Nikki over Brooke??
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 11:29:02 PM »
I think he cared about Brooke but that's not who he wanted at the time, it was Peyton. It's not about wanting Nikki over Brooke but knowing that he could/was hurting Brooke while whatever he had with Nikki was casual. Lucas has always need a girl to fill the void when he was alone. He could not have the girl he truly wanted, so he didn't want a commitment/girlfriend and Brooke was way more than just a fling at that point.

And honestly I think it showed that Lucas at 17 was way more mature than Lucas at 22. Because his S1 relationship with Brooke was very similar to his S5 relationship with Lindsey. He couldn't have Peyton so he pulled another girl into his mess, played her and used her just because he could not have Peyton.

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
  • icon: ?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 02:50:31 PM »
I guess it was just a sign that Lucas couldn't keep his promises. LOL. Nikki was just an wasy escape and meant nothing more than sex. And, as swindellbc said, by that time Brooke was already more than a fling and sleeping with her would be more than just casual sex. I don't see it as Lucas choosing one over the other.

Offline onehotscott23

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2013, 12:23:24 AM »
I don't see it as Lucas choosing one over the other either. I think Nikki was a distraction for Lucas to get his mind off of his accident and the mess he created with Brooke/Peyton.  Lucas did care about Brooke but he had feelings for Peyton so he knew he was going to break up with Brooke.  He didn't want to give Brooke false hope about their relationship by sleeping with her.  Lucas didn't care about Nikki, it was just sex.  At least that's how I saw it.

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
  • icon: ?
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2013, 07:22:55 AM »
And because of that the infamous carousel sex scene is now ingrained in OTH history. LOL

Offline onlyoth23

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2013, 12:16:24 PM »
LMAO! i just got a flashback of Nicki at Haleys party going up to Lucas and saying "think they got a carousel in this place?" LOL
onlyoth<3

Offline onehotscott23

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2013, 01:20:05 PM »
LMAO! i just got a flashback of Nicki at Haleys party going up to Lucas and saying "think they got a carousel in this place?" LOL
LOL...This was the first episode of OTH that I saw.  It was on soapnet and it was actually during season 5.  I bought the dvd's for season's 1-4 to catch up with what was going on.

Offline onlyoth23

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 11:42:24 AM »
i love soapnet! :)
onlyoth<3

Offline onehotscott23

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, 01:56:42 PM »
i love soapnet! :)
Me too, haahaa.  I watch the reruns of OTH on soapnet every weekend.

Offline onlyoth23

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2013, 09:53:26 PM »
i own all the seasons of oth. and i prefer to watch it without commercials lol. but i watch re runs of other shows on soapnet:)
onlyoth<3