Author Topic: lucas and haley are underrated  (Read 7891 times)

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
Re: lucas and haley are underrated
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 09:33:03 AM »
Haley underrated? I think she's the most beloved character on the show according to most fans. She was my favorite aswell alongside Brooke, closely followed by Peyton. I loved the show, and will always love the show but I was never a fan of the boys on the show. They were kind of cute, but that was about it. And that had nothing to do with romance. Sure, in Lucas' case it didn't help that he cheated on Brooke multiple times, but it isn't the prime reason I dislike him. I liked Nathan a bit more, but that was mainly because I liked his relationship with Haley. The only thing I kind of liked about Lucas was the connection he had with Karen. And at times I liked him with Brooke and Peyton. But that was quite rare. Imo it didn't help that their portrayers ( James & Chad ) weren't the strongest actors on the show. The girls on the show were so much better in my opinion.

As to who of them has had the most drama...well, they both got their drama. And they both didn't exactly handle it right a couple of times. But the difference is ; Nathan learned from his mistakes. Lucas' ''mistakes'' had a lot to do with romance and it took years before he finally went for Peyton all the way. No love triangles, etc. Nathan made his mistakes ( gambling, that accident and his depression after S5 premiere ), but he fought and survived. And he never fell that hard again.

Offline Northlights

« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 11:05:50 AM »
Sure, in Lucas' case it didn't help that he cheated on Brooke multiple times

No, it was just once. If you consider that kiss in the library when Peyton practically caught him off guard cheating, then Brooke also cheated on Lucas when she kissed Pete and never told Lucas about it. The show was pretty inconsistent with the whole "a kiss always means something"...because clearly it didn't mean anything when that Gigi girl kissed Nathan before the wedding, when Mouth kissed Brooke in the season 4 finale or when Brooke kissed Pete. Come to think of it, Lucas has always been labeled as a cheater because of kissing yet hardly anyone called Haley a cheater and she kissed Chris twice while married.

But the difference is ; Nathan learned from his mistakes. Lucas' ''mistakes'' had a lot to do with romance and it took years before he finally went for Peyton all the way. No love triangles, etc. Nathan made his mistakes ( gambling, that accident and his depression after S5 premiere ), but he fought and survived. And he never fell that hard again.

I agree with this if you look at the show as a whole, but I was mostly referring to HS years. During those years Nathan took drugs to enhance his performance on the court when the pressure to perform got to high. Later when he felt money pressure he turned to load sharks and gambling. It's not like he never repeated his mistakes and immediately learned from it.

But since most of Lucas' mistakes had to do with his love life I can see why Brooke's and Peyton's fans resented him more.

Offline sedge01

« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 11:39:55 AM »
That's just it every single one of them has made dumb, stupid mistakes some more than others but it's high school who didn't make dumb mistakes at least they grew up eventually and as friends i think they only grew better as they got older and they were there when they needed each other and that should be what really counts.

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
  • icon: ?
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 12:14:26 PM »
No, it was just once. If you consider that kiss in the library when Peyton practically caught him off guard cheating, then Brooke also cheated on Lucas when she kissed Pete and never told Lucas about it. The show was pretty inconsistent with the whole "a kiss always means something"...because clearly it didn't mean anything when that Gigi girl kissed Nathan before the wedding, when Mouth kissed Brooke in the season 4 finale or when Brooke kissed Pete. Come to think of it, Lucas has always been labeled as a cheater because of kissing yet hardly anyone called Haley a cheater and she kissed Chris twice while married.

Sorry, I just had to  :P Welcome to the forums, by the way!

Anyway, putting Haley and Chris' situation aside (which I don't consider full on cheating because Chris kissed Haley in the 1st kiss and we have no idea who kissed who in the 2nd one), the other examples you gave us can't even compare with the flagrant Peyton/Lucas cheating moments. The other kisses were meant to be silly/funny moments and there were absolutely no romantic feelings involved. The same thing didn't happen with LP and I don't even consider the 3.16 library kiss full on cheating, because Peyton was the one kissing Lucas (similar to Chris kissing Haley). The only time Lucas really cheated on Brooke was when he deliberately kissed Peyton and almost slept with her. And then he did the same thing all over again in season 5, only this time Lindsey was the girl he was with. And none of these moments can be compared to the stupid Gigi, Pete and Mouth kisses you mentioned previously, IMO.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 12:20:53 PM by HaleyScott23 »

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 12:33:25 PM »

I agree with this if you look at the show as a whole, but I was mostly referring to HS years. During those years Nathan took drugs to enhance his performance on the court when the pressure to perform got to high. Later when he felt money pressure he turned to load sharks and gambling. It's not like he never repeated his mistakes and immediately learned from it.

I personally was talking about the show as a whole, not just how the characters were as teens. I just saw Luke as a whiny person throughout life. Even after HS S5 showed how immature and selfish he still was. Nathan also had a rough year, but considering her was attacked and left paralyzed, I personally had  more sympathy for his depression than I did Luke's temper tantrum.

Offline Northlights

« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 12:45:11 PM »
Sorry, I just had to  :P Welcome to the forums, by the way!

Anyway, putting Haley and Chris' situation aside (which I don't consider full on cheating because Chris kissed Haley in the 1st kiss and we have no idea who kissed who in the 2nd one), the other examples you gave us can't even compare with the flagrant Peyton/Lucas cheating moments. The other kisses were meant to be silly/funny moments and there were absolutely no romantic feelings involved. The same thing didn't happen with LP and I don't even consider the 3.16 library kiss full on cheating, because Peyton was the one kissing Lucas (similar to Chris kissing Haley). The only time Lucas really cheated on Brooke was when he deliberately kissed Peyton and almost slept with her. And then he did the same thing all over again in season 5, only this time Lindsey was the girl he was with. And none of these moments can be compared to the stupid Gigi, Pete and Mouth kisses you mentioned previously, IMO.

I was only referring to the library kiss, in response to Ingmar's post saying Lucas cheated on Brooke multiple times. His only fault there was not telling her about it although I can somewhat understand why he didn't. What Lucas did in season 1 was inexcusable and my point was that he didn't repeat that mistake again (during HS, just to be clear). Lucas in season 5 was the same ass he was in season 1.

I personally was talking about the show as a whole, not just how the characters were as teens. I just saw Luke as a whiny person throughout life. Even after HS S5 showed how immature and selfish he still was. Nathan also had a rough year, but considering her was attacked and left paralyzed, I personally had  more sympathy for his depression than I did Luke's temper tantrum.

I agree with that. Starting with season 4 a lot of characters were destroyed for me because they completely contradicted their actions and words from the first 3 seasons. Since this thread is in HS section I was commenting on the characters lives up to that point.

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2013, 02:08:49 PM »

I was only referring to the library kiss, in response to Ingmar's post saying Lucas cheated on Brooke multiple times. His only fault there was not telling her about it although I can somewhat understand why he didn't. What Lucas did in season 1 was inexcusable and my point was that he didn't repeat that mistake again (during HS, just to be clear). Lucas in season 5 was the same ass he was in season 1.

Oh, okay. In that case I fully agree with you.

Offline sedge01

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2013, 02:39:37 PM »
See that's where everybody loses me, because if this kiss was so innocent and knowing Brooke's trust issues and wanting them to be honest with each other than why not tell her because i seriously think that she would have gotten over it considering the circumstances,but because nobody did tell her led her to believe it wasn't so innocent and feelings did still exist which they did.imo. Everything else i agree with what was said.

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2013, 03:07:59 PM »
See that's where everybody loses me, because if this kiss was so innocent and knowing Brooke's trust issues and wanting them to be honest with each other than why not tell her because i seriously think that she would have gotten over it considering the circumstances,but because nobody did tell her led her to believe it wasn't so innocent and feelings did still exist which they did.imo. Everything else i agree with what was said.

Personally, I don't think Lucas was at fault for that kiss in the library. And I'm talking just about the kiss. Peyton was the one kissing him and she's the one I blame. However, after that and the way Lucas reacted, without telling Brooke about it and telling Peyton it was okay was the moment he lost all the innocence he had until that point and that's when he was at fault too. He should've told Brooke, no matter what.

Offline sedge01

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2013, 03:41:51 PM »
Exactly agree with everything you just said, i didn't blame him until he chose not to say anything.

Offline Northlights

« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2013, 04:04:33 PM »
He should've told Brooke but I suppose he was afraid she wouldn't understand and would make big deal out of it. The kiss didn't mean anything to him like he said a couple of times after Brooke found out.

But Brooke wasn't completely honest either. She chose not to tell Lucas about why she was mad at Peyton even before he told her about the kiss.

Offline sedge01

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2013, 04:21:15 PM »
That's because it was Haley's wedding day and then the accident happened, everyone was alittle pre-occupied with what happened, but i guess we can all agree to disagree, I think all party's involved were wrong with how they handled it. But i'm gonna move on now.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 04:36:59 PM by sedge01 »

Offline Northlights

« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2013, 04:37:59 PM »
That's because it was Haley's wedding day and then the accident happened, everyone was alittle pre-occupied with what happened and excuse me for saying so but  when lucas asked peyton why brooke was upset she said she didn't know so she looked him right in the eyes and lied so she was no better. But i guess we're all just better off agreeing to disagree about this.

And when the library kiss happened it was Keith's death and funeral and everyone was a little preoccupied with that. I assume the kiss wasn't the first thing on Lucas' mind back then. It doesn't change the fact that they both withheld things from one another.

Before this turns into Brooke vs Peyton war, I'm not saying what Peyton did was OK, she should've told Lucas when he asked her...but if Lucas was to be blamed for not telling Brooke about the kiss than Brooke should not get a free pass on not telling Lucas about the confession. She let it affect their relationship and because of that Lucas had the right to know.

Offline sedge01

« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2013, 04:46:21 PM »
And i'm not giving Brooke a free pass but Peyton knew exactly how Brooke would react and what she would do and she sat there and watched it happen and did nothing to stop it, she could have told lucas but chose to play dumb, Brooke is at fault for not saying anything to lucas and letting the relationship go without fighting for them. Like i said we can agree to disagree and let it end. I meant to say welcome to the forum last time but forgot so welcome aboard.

Offline Northlights

« Reply #29 on: February 23, 2013, 05:22:33 PM »
Thanks for the welcome :)

Mostly I was curious to see why so many people dislike (or, to put it mildly, don't care for) Lucas' character. I guess he is defined by his relationships and gets the blame from both girls fan bases for everything that went wrong with either of his relationships.