Author Topic: Aftermath of the sex tape  (Read 4470 times)

Offline sedge01

Re: Aftermath of the sex tape
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 10:40:19 AM »
I''m glad someone else thought that to, because Brooke's really not a bad person she just does really stupid things some times, but season 4 it seems like that's all they made her do was dumb,stupid things.

Offline alibi

« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 11:41:54 AM »
I don't really agree with that. And even if they did try to make Brooke seem worse in comparison, it didn't work. I liked Brooke as much as ever. That is to say, not as much as Peyton and Haley but still a lot. I was just annoyed by her whole Lucas drama.
In 243 years, I've loved exactly one person.

Offline Northlights

« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2013, 12:11:14 PM »
It's one thing to do stupid things and another to be malicious and intentionally trying to hurt people...which was something Brooke did in season 4. I don't care how much you think you're hurting, nothing gives you the right to treat people that way.
Then, there was the whole stealing the test SL, lying to her friend and getting her fired, slutting up again and sleeping with her teacher (I'm not from the States, but wasn't principal Turner required by law to report Nick Chavez to the police for having an inappropriate relationship with his student?), making fun of Lucas' mixtape (which made her seem completely shallow), the dead mom jokes...there was almost nothing likable about her that season as far as I am concerned.

But even if I could accept and find it believable that she completely changed her personality, is was 100% unrealistic the way she became friends with Peyton again that quickly after everything they did to each other.

Offline sedge01

« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2013, 12:22:49 PM »
You know what on second thought i'm not gonna reply anymore cause i'm really tired of debating this cause it seems like Brooks's the only one that has to answer for her mistakes. So have fun cause i've really have had enough with this forum, going to a better one.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 12:44:16 PM by sedge01 »

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
  • icon: ?
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2013, 03:04:48 PM »
It's one thing to do stupid things and another to be malicious and intentionally trying to hurt people...which was something Brooke did in season 4. I don't care how much you think you're hurting, nothing gives you the right to treat people that way.
Then, there was the whole stealing the test SL, lying to her friend and getting her fired, slutting up again and sleeping with her teacher (I'm not from the States, but wasn't principal Turner required by law to report Nick Chavez to the police for having an inappropriate relationship with his student?), making fun of Lucas' mixtape (which made her seem completely shallow), the dead mom jokes...there was almost nothing likable about her that season as far as I am concerned.

But even if I could accept and find it believable that she completely changed her personality, is was 100% unrealistic the way she became friends with Peyton again that quickly after everything they did to each other.

I agree. There was little to nothing likeable about Brooke in S4 and there was so much character regression that I could never understand why that happened.

You know what on second thought i'm not gonna reply anymore cause i'm really tired of debating this cause it seems like Brooks's the only one that has to answer for her mistakes. So have fun cause i've really have had enough with this forum, going to a better one.

Don't. No one here is bashing Brooke, we're just analysing the way she behaved. And I don't really agree with bolded part. I think that applies for the guys. For some reason Lucas and Nathan are excused way more easily than any of the girls on this show, but no one here is bashing her. You don't need to leave because of that  ;D

Offline sedge01

« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2013, 03:26:34 PM »
I don't think people are bashing her i just am tired of always coming on here to a Brooke rant, everyone always points out her faults but never the good things she has done. But like i said i don't come here like i use to because of what this forum has become so i'll just go but thanks anyway@HaleyScott23.

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 03:45:34 PM »
I don't think people are bashing her i just am tired of always coming on here to a Brooke rant, everyone always points out her faults but never the good things she has done. But like i said i don't come here like i use to because of what this forum has become so i'll just go but thanks anyway@HaleyScott23.

But that happens with the other characters as well. Just a few days ago we all had a discussion on Lucas, Haley and Peyton screw-ups. The good things have also been posted.

Offline Northlights

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 03:48:41 PM »
It certainly wasn't my intention to make anybody want to leave this forum, but I was just expressing my opinion.

And the reason why it seems guys on the show are not as much scrutinized is because most of the fans (even on these boards) are girls. So most of them agree when Nathan or Lucas screw up and move on with the discussion...but criticism of one of the female characters provokes reaction that starts Peyton vs Brooke wars, or Brooke vs Haley, etc...that never ends...at least that's what I think.

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 03:52:17 PM »
And the reason why it seems guys on the show are not as much scrutinized is because most of the fans (even on these boards) are girls. So most of them agree when Nathan or Lucas screw up and move on with the discussion...but criticism of one of the female characters provokes reaction that starts Peyton vs Brooke wars, or Brooke vs Haley, etc...that never ends...at least that's what I think.

Yep, which makes no sense whatsoever. LOL. I know I don't forgive the guys easier than I do the girls, but I think some girls are definitely like that. I've actually seen girls on this fanbase say things like: "Nathan shouldn't have done that, but he's so hot that he's forgiven!". WTF.

Offline Northlights

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2013, 03:59:57 PM »
Yep, which makes no sense whatsoever. LOL. I know I don't forgive the guys easier than I do the girls, but I think some girls are definitely like that. I've actually seen girls on this fanbase say things like: "Nathan shouldn't have done that, but he's so hot that he's forgiven!". WTF.

What I meant to say was that the argument on the forum doesn't go on for 50 pages because there is nobody arguing for the other side. Not that the girls easily forgive the male characters... ;D

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 04:06:03 PM »
What I meant to say was that the argument on the forum doesn't go on for 50 pages because there is nobody arguing for the other side. Not that the girls easily forgive the male characters... ;D

Oh okay. Well, anyway, I do get the feeling they move on more quickly and easier whenever we're talking about the guys screwing up. There are some Nathan and Lucas fans out there as well. At least, there used to be.

Offline Jerret

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • meow
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2013, 12:30:13 AM »
I just saw it as comic relief from Hales being preggers and the hormones and what not

Offline NiceLegsNiceHands

• If love is an ocean, we're all sinking...
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2013, 03:31:45 AM »
I think the only reason Brooke is talked about in this situation is because she did actually do something wrong. People aren't going to focus on her good qualities, because in this specific situation she wasn't doing something good. There are a lot more pro-Brooke and anti-Peyton threads on here than the other way around, so I think you have to take threads like these with a grain of salt. Then again, I know the forums aren't very active anymore since the show ended and most people have moved on and a lot of Brucas fans don't feel the need/desire to discuss OTH here, because their OTP didn't end up together and they either don't care at all about Leyton or hate them. It's only natural that the people still discussing the show are people who like how it ended, so I do understand where you're coming from, but I don't think most Leyton fans hate Brooke or think she's awful and rant against her.
"We're circling each other like Venezuelan flamingoes engaged in a complex mating dance."
-Ed and Carol, destine to be together.