Author Topic: Aftermath of the sex tape  (Read 4404 times)

Offline alibi

Aftermath of the sex tape
« on: January 10, 2013, 01:05:13 PM »
After the whole sex tape dilemma in season 4, Haley freaks out and obsesses over all the girls Nathan slept with before getting it on with her, if I remember correctly, and she wants him to write a list including the names of all the girls he has ever slept with.

In season 2, however, which I recently rewatched, Haley found out about Nathan's stunt with Taylor and Nathan offered her to tell her about all the girl he ever slept with, hoping it would make her feel better. Haley, however, refused.

I love season 4, but this made little sense to me. You could blame it on the hormones, I guess. What do you think?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 01:04:01 PM by alibi »
In 243 years, I've loved exactly one person.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
Re: Aftermath of the sex tape
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 06:01:55 PM »
It was dumb. As if she didn't know Nathan was a player before they got together. It was turning into such a big deal and they only person that should have been mad was Peyton. Haley was just being crazy

Offline rlynn

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 06:04:28 PM »
It was dumb. As if she didn't know Nathan was a player before they got together. It was turning into such a big deal and they only person that should have been mad was Peyton. Haley was just being crazy

Agreed! But this is television and that's what makes a story, so that's where the writers went with it. Drama!

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
  • icon: ?
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 07:08:45 PM »
I think Haley had the right to be mad considering her husband and one of her best friends never told her they'd slept together. I know I'd be if I were her.

Offline onehotscott23

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 11:31:58 PM »
I understand why Haley would be a little hurt and shocked at first considering the Brooke/Nathan hook up was a total surprise.  Also, Haley was pregnant at the time and her hormones were most likely out of whack, haha.  It was actually sort of comical when Nathan tells Haley that he will write the list and Haley starts to cry and tells Nathan that she didn't want him to be able to write a list.  Haley asks him something like "how many girls have you slept with, Fabio?" When Nathan tells her he doesn't know, Haley says, "that is why I asked you to write the list.  Please just do what I ask."  LOL. 

Offline Sara

• dodger716
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 06:34:46 PM »
The sextape was stupid.  The needed aftermath was probably thought of first, and the sextape was an avenue to get there.  But the point of the aftermath was more BP than anything, and making NH so dramatic was just silly.  Half the time it seemed like a joke with Haley's hormones.

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 05:05:27 PM »
It was def hormones, she was VERY pregnant, thats all I saw about that, hormones.  Haley was just pregnant, I don't think it would've gone down quite like that if she wasn't pregnant.

I think she still would've been upset to find out her husband slept with her best friend, even if it was before they met, it is something that would sting anyone.

Offline l.noir

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 08:28:43 PM »
^ I agree, Haley was acting crazy, and got over it really quickly. I always interpreted to be the pregnancy hormones.

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 04:51:01 PM »
I think hormones were a huge contribution but I also think Haley would have been upset even if she wasn't pregnant. She was hurt because it was her BFF and her husband together, the fact that they slept together, the fact that they made a tape and the fact that Nathan did not throw it away.

Considering NP were broken up at the time, I personally don't feel that Peyton had any more of right to be upset than Haley.

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 07:32:19 AM »
I think hormones were a huge contribution but I also think Haley would have been upset even if she wasn't pregnant. She was hurt because it was her BFF and her husband together, the fact that they slept together, the fact that they made a tape and the fact that Nathan did not throw it away.

Considering NP were broken up at the time, I personally don't feel that Peyton had any more of right to be upset than Haley.

I agree. I never understood why people said Haley had no right to be mad. Did she overreact with the list thing? Yes, but that was clearly because she was hormonal and it wasn't to be taken seriously. However, if my husband had slept with one of my best friends and had never told me about it, I would've been angry and upset as well.

And Peyton also had the right to be mad, obviously. That made Brooke a total hypocrite and that's why I think this stupid SL even happened in the first place. But anyway, neither Peyton nor Haley are robots. Of course these things mess with people. I would have found it strange if they had found out about it, shrugged their shoulders and say it didn't matter because that was in the past. Things don't work that way.

Offline sedge01

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2013, 08:18:47 AM »
Yeah except the difference with Brooke being a hypocrite and Peyton being one is that peyton and nathan had broken up when that happened, where lucas and brooke were still together when peyton screwed her over. I'm not saying what they did was right but come on how much did alcohol play into this and we've all done stupid things where alcohol is concerned.

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2013, 08:25:44 AM »
Yeah except the difference with Brooke being a hypocrite and Peyton being one is that peyton and nathan had broken up when that happened, where lucas and brooke were still together when peyton screwed her over. I'm not saying what they did was right but come on how much did alcohol play into this and we've all done stupid things where alcohol is concerned.

But I agree with you to an extent. What Peyton did was worse because BL were still together. However, it also wasn't nice of Brooke to sleep with her best friend's boyfriend when they had broken up just 2 or 3 hours ago. Had that been a few months ago and it wouldn't have been so bad. And I must say alcohol doesn't excuse much for me. If anything, it just shows your true colors and makes you less inhibited. But at the end of the day, I think this SL was way too contrived and was clearly created to make Brooke look bad and Peyton look better.

I think it was a way of shutting up Brooke and BL fans so that LP/Peyton fans could say: "Shut up, because Brooke did the same".

Offline sedge01

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2013, 08:31:20 AM »
I agree with you there and certainly alcohol does not  excuse anything for me either, it just makes people do really stupid things some times that's all.

Offline alibi

« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2013, 09:36:40 AM »
I just thought it was a continuity error because after Haley found out about Nathan and her sister, Taylor, in S2, Nate offered to make a list with all his conquests but Haley didn't care to know them but then decided she did two seasons later.

And the thing with Brooke happened in the past, so I just found the whole fuss everyone made redundant. Sure, Brooke was a hypocrite but if Peyton forgave her, so should Peyton's fans.
In 243 years, I've loved exactly one person.

Offline Northlights

« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2013, 10:34:41 AM »
But I agree with you to an extent. What Peyton did was worse because BL were still together. However, it also wasn't nice of Brooke to sleep with her best friend's boyfriend when they had broken up just 2 or 3 hours ago. Had that been a few months ago and it wouldn't have been so bad. And I must say alcohol doesn't excuse much for me. If anything, it just shows your true colors and makes you less inhibited. But at the end of the day, I think this SL was way too contrived and was clearly created to make Brooke look bad and Peyton look better.

I think it was a way of shutting up Brooke and BL fans so that LP/Peyton fans could say: "Shut up, because Brooke did the same".

My thoughts on this SL as well.

I also had the impression the whole fourth season was created to make Brooke look bad.