Author Topic: I've started rewatching OTH  (Read 1084 times)

Offline alibi

I've started rewatching OTH
« on: January 10, 2013, 12:52:53 PM »
So, my sister and I started rewatching One Tree Hill lately and I've begun thinking about/noticing a few things I would like to discuss and want off my chest regarding season 3. I'm sorry if I'm doing something wrong or if similar threads have existed before, I just joined this side. Soooo...

First off, in the episode that Lucas and Peyton visit Ellie, I don't recall which episode it is, Lucas meets this weird girl named Faith, apparently a girl he used to be friends with who was never mentioned and never is mentioned again. I've read some threads on IMDB and some people really seem to dislike her there. But my sister and I thought about it some and we came to the conclusion that her appearance on the series, if it happened for any reason at all, was supposed to show how much Lucas had changed, as it lead up to the Jimmy Edwards episode, you know? That Lucas has developed and grown so much that his old friends don't recongnize him anymore.
What do you think? What was Faith's purpose? Was her cameo necessary?

Secondly, Skillz and Bevin. I don't have a clue how the internet or the fandom view their relationship or if you ship them or whatever, but I think they are so cute and basically the very definition of fluff. I really, really love them and their scenes!
Agree? Disagree?

Next up, Cooper, Deb's brother: So, in season 2, in the episode Nathan has the accident, we, that is Nathan and Lucas, meet a girl and a boy. I thought those two were Cooper's kids, or am I wrong?
Because in the Rachel-Cooper-storyline, Rachel approaches Deb or something and Rachel (I like Rachel, by the way) starts boasting that she had sex with Cooper after he'd learned about her true age, and Deb says something alone the lines of "But Cooper is almost 30.", if I'm not mistaken (might be another scene).
So? did I make a mistake, confusing the girl and the boy for Coopers kids? Or was that a continuity mistake?

I'm looking forward to what you guys think! ;)
In 243 years, I've loved exactly one person.

Offline rlynn

Re: I've started rewatching OTH
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 05:56:45 PM »
First off I think you hit the nail on the head with Faith. She was just there to show how much Lucas, and even the rest of Tree Hill, had changed in recent years.

Skills and Bevin were always cute together in my opinion. I really wish it was explained why they broke up during the jump ahead to season 5, but that's One Tree Hill for you, same thing with Peyton and Lucas.

The boy and girl are Cooper's crew chief's kids. The one who Cooper said he found him "trying to drink all the liquor in North Carolina" (I think that's what it was, he may have said the South or something else but just off the top of my head I think it was NC). I had the same assumption the first time that I watched the episode. I came out of it thinking those were Coopers' kids. I finally figured it out in season 3 when the whole Cooper/Rachel thing went down and I went back and rewatched. I think there was some major writing problems in that particular scene where it was supposed to have been explained who the kids were cause they really didn't do a good job of it if multiple people are assuming they are Cooper's kids.