Author Topic: When Jake gives Lucas Atlas Shrugged...  (Read 1391 times)

Offline fmm412

When Jake gives Lucas Atlas Shrugged...
« on: January 02, 2013, 05:31:43 AM »
When Jake gives the Atlas Shrugged book to Lucas in 1x02, did that have ANY significance on the show, other than the quote at the end? (do not let your fire go out...) because my friends got me to start reading it, and we watched the movie.. and its a pretty political book. Which I found kinda odd, because I didnt really know that before.. I always thought it had some connection to something that happened in that OTH episode, knowing Mark Schwahn. So, does the book have any relevance to the show at all? :)

Offline rlynn

Re: When Jake gives Lucas Atlas Shrugged...
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2013, 01:57:28 PM »
I honestly have no idea because I haven't read it or seen the movie but I do know that Paul Johansson directed the movie and had a part in it. I was kind of wondering what his connection was to it that got him involved in the movie. Wondering if he had read the book prior to OTH or if he picked it up because of that OTH episode or something.

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
  • icon: ?
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2013, 02:29:59 PM »
I don't even remember that scene. I guess I'm rusty.

Offline fmm412

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2013, 07:33:33 PM »
I honestly have no idea because I haven't read it or seen the movie but I do know that Paul Johansson directed the movie and had a part in it. I was kind of wondering what his connection was to it that got him involved in the movie. Wondering if he had read the book prior to OTH or if he picked it up because of that OTH episode or something.
Are you serious?? Thats awesome! I watched only the first half of part 1, an I THOUGHT there was a guy who sounded a lot like him. He was in the shadows so it was hard to see him.. wow, I didnt think that was actually him! Thanks for telling me that.

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 04:56:26 PM »
I always thought it had something to do with the situation Lucas was going through with the team and the book was about taking the high road.

But I've never read the book or seen the movie, just what I always thought.