Author Topic: ripping off Fast Times... urgh.  (Read 9659 times)

Offline Dexter_Morgan

ripping off Fast Times... urgh.
« on: November 12, 2012, 09:03:45 PM »
This made me so mad when OTH ripped off the CLASSIC fast times pool scene. NOONE should ever rip off one of the greatest cinematic scenes in history. The only one who could pull that scene off is Pheobe Cates and noone else. That scene made me so mad that I turned the episode off and didn't even bother watching ever again.

One Tree Hill has had ALOT of bad scenes but this was by far the worst. Not only was it a slap in the face to the original source material in fast times, it was pointless as well.

Every time a movie or TV show parody that scene, they fail completely and OTH's one was a complete and utterly fature.

No disrespect but Amanda Schull has nothing on the utterly sexy & hot Pheobe Cates.

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
Re: ripping off Fast Times... urgh.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 09:18:38 PM »
Well that's not that big of a deal... I mean I didn't even know the scene was inspired by a movie
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''

Offline Dexter_Morgan

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 11:02:40 PM »
Well that's not that big of a deal... I mean I didn't even know the scene was inspired by a movie

how can you not know that scene ripped off FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH? its a classic teen 80s film. That scene in 7x08 completely ripped it off, same shots, same bikini.. urgh. I hate it. By far the worst scene in the history of OTH.

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
  • icon: ?
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 05:40:43 PM »
I recognized it but didn't mind at all because Fast Times at Ridgemont High bored me to death. While the rip-off could've been avoided, there are way more scenes in the history of OTH that are way worse that that one.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 08:17:36 PM »
And these days there are very little shows who never ripped off something from other movies/shows :P

Offline Dexter_Morgan

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 09:19:37 PM »
I recognized it but didn't mind at all because Fast Times at Ridgemont High bored me to death. While the rip-off could've been avoided, there are way more scenes in the history of OTH that are way worse that that one.

you have crappy taste. Fast times is the greatest teen comedy of all time and is it is far from boring.

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 09:51:58 PM »
you have crappy taste. Fast times is the greatest teen comedy of all time and is it is far from boring.

Why are you insulting her tastes? She has the right to find it boring, that's her opinion...
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2012, 04:05:10 AM »

What? I'm sorry, but that's just your opinion, not an universal truth. I didn't insult your taste just because I didn't agree with you, did I? I'd appreciate it if you did the same. It's called respect. Thanks.

Offline fmm412

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 04:34:53 AM »
Wow.. this thread escalated quickly. I mean this really got outta hand fast.

Offline BoogeyMan09

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2012, 11:25:16 AM »
Why is this thread even open? it's so useless. OTH ripped off Fast Times. You didn't like it? too bad. Nothing's gonna change it. Bas.

Offline Dexter_Morgan

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2012, 05:14:53 PM »
Why is this thread even open? it's so useless. OTH ripped off Fast Times. You didn't like it? too bad. Nothing's gonna change it. Bas.

i dont know but i have respect for the greatest teen movie of all time, Fast Times At Ridgemont High. It really is the perfect movie. And to rip off the classic Pheobe Cates scene is unforgettable. I almost stopped watching this crap show after this episode. There are scenes that should never be attemped to rip off and this is one of them.

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2012, 05:50:57 PM »
i dont know but i have respect for the greatest teen movie of all time, Fast Times At Ridgemont High. It really is the perfect movie. And to rip off the classic Pheobe Cates scene is unforgettable. I almost stopped watching this crap show after this episode. There are scenes that should never be attemped to rip off and this is one of them.

You have more respect for a film than you have for other people in this forum by telling them they have crappy taste just because they disagree with you. I'd consider changing that. And why are you dissing the show? You're in a One Tree Hill forum, not a Fast Times At Ridgemont High forum. Don't forget that.

Offline BoogeyMan09

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2012, 05:52:33 PM »
You're so chodu.

Offline fmm412

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2012, 08:05:25 PM »
I wouldnt call it the "greatest teen movie of all time." You might really like it, but that doesnt mean its the greatest of all time. And this is a One Tree Hill forum, if you're upset by it so much it would probably be better to go complain about it on a Fast Times at Ridgemont High forum or something, not in here. And I mean, its not like this is the first time a TV show has ripped something off of another TV show or movie. It happens a lot.

You have more respect for a film than you have for other people in this forum by telling them they have crappy taste just because they disagree with you. I'd consider changing that. And why are you dissing the show? You're in a One Tree Hill forum, not a Fast Times At Ridgemont High forum. Don't forget that.
Amen. Could not have said it better.

Offline cpinchot

• Brucas Forever
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 09:11:13 AM »

This is still an opinion just like there are many people out there that think Twilight is the greatest love story of all time even though I completely disagree. It is all about opinion and you really need to watch what you say to someone and have respect unless you don't want respect back.

"I'll Miss The Girl Behind The Red Door"   Lucas Scott