Author Topic: Haley calling Deb, "Mom"  (Read 1347 times)

Offline BoogeyMan09

Haley calling Deb, "Mom"
« on: November 11, 2012, 12:01:31 PM »
I acknowledge that Deb is Haley's mother-in-law, but calling her mom (in 5x14) was bazarrooo. Especially because that was the only time she ever did... What did you feel? 

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
  • icon: ?
Re: Haley calling Deb, "Mom"
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 12:52:45 PM »
I think it's pretty normal. My brother's wife calls my mom "mom" and calls me "sister" and I see tons of other people doing it. That's actually very usual when relatives get along, I don't find it weird.

Offline BoogeyMan09

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 01:54:22 PM »
No. I mean my sister-in-law calls my mom, it's not weird for you and me, but specific to Haley it is, because it was the ONLY time she called Deb mom. It's not like they were close to begin with that she would call her mom anyway... In a way I saw it as forced...

Offline HaleyScott23

• I'm a VIP!
  • icon: ?
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 02:27:31 PM »
I think we were just meant to believe they were already a lot closer by that point. After all, we did skip 4 years and season 4 finished with Deb helping them with Jamie so I just assumed Deb had been around during that time and it'd only be normal that Haley had gotten used to call her "mom".

Now if Nathan started calling Haley's mother "mom" all of a sudden, I would've find it weird because we do know Haley's parents weren't around.

Offline Sara

• dodger716
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 05:34:48 PM »
It came off weird to me as the viewer too.  We'd seen their relationship w/ Deb be so back and forth, never quite to that level.