Author Topic: Near the end of Season 1, why was Dan so...???  (Read 1477 times)

Offline fmm412

Near the end of Season 1, why was Dan so...???
« on: September 30, 2012, 04:43:44 AM »
Near the end of season 1, in particular episode 1x21, Dan doesnt like the fact that Nathan and Lucas are bonding. You can tell by the way he looks at the 2 when they're working out, and even Whitey comes up and says "I bet this is your worst nightmare."

AND.. what made him change his mind all of the sudden? Near the end of that episode, we see Nathan and Lucas running in the gym, by themselves, and Dan walks up and sees them and he seems happy.

So 1, why did dan NOT like them befriending eachother, and 2, what made him change his mind?

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
Re: Near the end of Season 1, why was Dan so...???
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 01:58:17 PM »
I don't remember him being happy about them bonding, but I think I can answer your first question..
Dan didn't like them bonding because he knew that any day, they could get together and ''destroy'' him.. They both have big reasons to hate him (Nathan for the pressure and Lucas for being abandonned)
So if they bond, they can share their hate for Dan and turn it against him!
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''

Offline fmm412

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 10:46:29 PM »
^ thanks.. you're probably right. the part i was referring to about him 'liking' that they were bonding was when, near the end of 1x21, they are still working out in the gym after practice is over, just the 2 of them, and dan walks in and sees them and seems to enjoy watching them bond together in that moment.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2012, 04:07:00 AM »
I think he was just happy because he finally got to teach both of his sons...and make their life a living hell if he wanted to. That's how I saw it anyway. But besides that I never thought he was happy with them finding eachother and them liking eachother :)

Online Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2012, 05:51:16 PM »
I love that Dan was such a complex character. He wanted everyone to love him and yet he would sabotage it. Loved that. He really wanted his sons to be friends and they were both awesome at basketball and I think that made him proud.