Author Topic: OTHforums Rewatch 1.21 & 1.22  (Read 1631 times)

Online Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
OTHforums Rewatch 1.21 & 1.22
« on: September 20, 2012, 08:48:58 AM »
Welcome to the Official OTHforums Re-watch Thread!!

Episode 1.21:The Leaving Song

Original Airdate: May 4, 2004

The pressure to perform intensifies for the Scott brothers when Dan becomes temporary coach of the basketball team. Nicki manages to steal Jenny under Peyton's watch and a terrified Jake blames Peyton for it. Meanwhile, Tree Hill relationships are in trouble as Karen and Keith's romance grows rocky, Dan gives Deb divorce papers, and Nathan and Haley hit the skids.

Fun Facts:

At about 6:44, you can see Bryan Greenberg's tattoo on the bottom half of his left leg.

Nathan's computer bookmarks include:
Raven Hoops.com
Horny Co-Eds!!!
XXX Sorority Sluts
Amazing Amazons
Original Sin - Hot, Nasty Girls
Punk & Disorderly (Peyton's webcam site)
Basketball Stats-n-Scores
The Scorecard
Tree Hill High School
Fast Cars, Fast Women
Research Central

Episode Title:The Leaving Song is by AFI off their album, Sing The Sorrow.

Featured Music:

"I Can't Steal You" - Matthew Ryan
"Through The Blue" - Evan & Jaron
"No Tomorrow" - The Blackouts
"I Have Found Mine" - The Blackouts
"Revelry" - Sea Ray
"Time and Time Again" - Chronic Future
"Thrown Away" - Vast
"Once In Awhile" - Gigolo Aunts
"Suffering" - Satchel
"Don't Take Your Love Away" - Vast

Episode 1.22:The Games that Play Us

Original Airdate: May 11, 2004

In the season finale, Lucas and Nathan bear the brunt of Dan's abuse as he coaches them into the playoffs, pushing both of them to their breaking points. Lucas is stunned when Haley's reconciliation with Nathan heightens the intensity of their relationship. Meanwhile, Whitey learns that his medical condition may be more serious than he first expected, and Dan learns a shocking secret about Deb and Keith.

Fun Facts:

At 36:14, when the shot is from above the team huddle, all the players are in their white tops. Yet when the shot changes to a close-up of Dan, several of the players have on black tops.

Deb's full name is Deborah Helen Scott.

This episode is the first time Nathan calls Lucas his brother.

When Nathan and Haley kissed outside in the rain, the script said, "preferably with tongue."

Haley takes off her top and then throws it on the bed. Then as she goes in to kiss Nathan, it shows her throw it again.

Peyton's house number is 1901.

While filming the scene where Chad had to miss the basket, he kept making it so they had to keep re-filming the scene.

When Haley left Lucas, she was going to spend the night with Nathan. Later, we discover that this was when they were off getting married. Nathan finding Lucas and talking to him an the riverside court does not fit into this timeline.

The gym that all of the basketball games were shot in during this episode and the first season were filmed in basketball legend Michael Jordan's high school gym.

Throughout the entire episode, Lucas' hair ranges from being short to long. Halfway into filming, Chad cut his hair shorter.

When Haley removed her soaking top, her tank top came up with it a bit in back. After changing camera angles and then going back to her back, the tank top is still pulled down.

Stuart Lafferty, who is James Lafferty (Nathan)'s younger brother, appears in this episode as an extra.

For the entire season, the show was nominated for the 2004 Teen Choice Awards for Choice TV Show-Drama/Action-Adventure and Choice Breakout TV Show. Plus:

-Chad Michael Murray (Lucas) won for Choice Breakout TV Star-Male, while James Lafferty (Nathan) was nominated for that too. Murray was also nominated for Choice TV Actor-Drama/Action-Adventure.

-Hilarie Burton (Peyton) and Bethany Joy Lenz (Haley) were nominated for Choice Breakout TV Star-Female. Also, Burton was nominated for Choice TV Actress-Drama/Action-Adventure, and Lenz was nominated for Choice TV Sidekick.

Brendan Kirsch, who guest starred in this episode, is actually the show's behind-the-scenes basketball coach.

Featured Music:

"To You Alone" by The Beta Band
"More Than Anyone" by Gavin DeGraw
"The Way You Walk" by Faraci
"Evening Star" by All India Radio
"Nobody's Perfect" by Dios
"Stay" by Michelle Featherstone
"Where Are We Runnin'?" by Lenny Kravitz
"NYC Weather Report" by Five For Fighting
"Run" by Snow Patrol
"Breaking Away" by Bosshous

Offline cvbaek

Re: OTHforums Rewatch 1.21 & 1.22
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 11:31:20 AM »
I'm usually really looking forward to season 2 while watching the last part of season 1. Even though I don't like season 2 very much :) I just didn't like the way it ended for Lucas this season. Not that he didn't deserve it, but you know.

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 01:48:20 PM »
I'm usually really looking forward to season 2 while watching the last part of season 1. Even though I don't like season 2 very much :) I just didn't like the way it ended for Lucas this season. Not that he didn't deserve it, but you know.
For me, it's the opposite. I liked the way thing ended for him. He realized he wasn't a good person and that he needed to change. It was a big character growth IMO
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''

Offline cvbaek

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2012, 03:04:56 PM »
Seeing it from that view, then you're absolutely right. He definitely changed