Author Topic: OTHforums Rewatch 1.19 & 1.20  (Read 1680 times)

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
OTHforums Rewatch 1.19 & 1.20
« on: September 20, 2012, 08:37:06 AM »
Welcome to the Official OTHforums Re-watch Thread!!

Episode 1.19: How Can I Be Sure?

Original Airdate: April 20, 2004

Lucas finds out that Brooke is with child and must make a decision regarding the pregnancy. Brooke gives Lucas the cold shoulder regarding the situation. Meanwhile, Haley considers giving her virginity to Nathan.

Fun Facts:

When Nicki is looking at Jake's photos on the fireplace mantel he has his back turned to it. If you look right behind him before the scene ends, you can glimpse a picture of Bryan Greenberg (Jake) with OTH creator Mark Schwahn.

This episode features an unaired scene on the season 1 DVD set. It is between Dan and Whitey. Aside from that, Barry Corbin (Whitey) didn't appear.

Episode Title:How Can You Be Sure? is the title to a song off Radiohead's single, Fake Plastic Trees and it can also be found on the Japanese version of The Bends.

Featured Music:

"Someone Like You" by Master Source
"Coming Undone" by Highwater Rising
"Spitting Games" by Snow Patrol
"Wrecking Ball" by Viva Voce
"Broken" by Hathaway
"Heaven" by The Fire Theft
"Love In December" by Club 8
"Everybody Hurts" by Dashboard Confessional

Episode 1.20:What is and What should Never Be

Original Airdate: April 27, 2004

Nathan looks for an after school job to pay his rent and looks forward to the party that Haley is throwing for him. However, Haley panics when things get out of control. Meanwhile, When Brooke realizes that she isn't considered a close enough friend to receive an invite, she decides to crash the party with her new friend, Nicki. The realization that Nicki is the random girl Lucas hooked up with leaves Peyton shocked and disappointed.

Fun Facts:

When Dan enters Nathan's apartment and Nathan gets up off the couch, we can see that the TV has been switched off. After Dan and Nathan talk, Nathan goes back to the couch and we can see that the television is now magically on.

During one of the scenes with Nathan and Gary at "Hot 'N Twisted" you can clearly see that the soda machine in the background has only Pepsi as the soda they offer. No food service place would ever only offer Pepsi.

Haley's lipstick gets noticeably thicker and thinner between different shots during the scene where she's dropping off some groceries for Nathan.

Unlike previous ones, the opening credits for this episode were shown right at the beginning of the show. There was no "Previously on One Tree Hill" or teaser sequence. A teaser is a scene normally inserted before the opening credits.

Episode TitleWhat Is And What Should Never Be is by Led Zeppelin off the record, Led Zeppelin II.

Featured Music:

"Get Your Soul Freak On" by Bosshouse
"Yo Money" by Bosshouse
"Throw My Heart Away" by Black Toast
"Coming Back To You" by Black Toast
"Tested By History" by Greg Hoy
"Luzer" by Super Bright Lights
"Party All Night" by Menotti
"Fire In The Pouring Rain" by The Blackouts
"Bring It On" by Master Source
"I Belive In A Thing Called Love" by The Darkness
"What Do You Want" by The Defendants
"What's Your Number?" by Cypress Hill
"Apart" by The Cure
"The Wish" by Josh Canova

Offline xfreekx

Re: OTHforums Rewatch 1.19 & 1.20
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2012, 02:36:15 PM »
I had completely forgotten about Nicki. She was EVIL!

It's around this time in the show that I started getting really addicted and couldn't help but watching episode after episode until the wee hours of the morning.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2012, 04:17:17 PM »
Even when re-watching these episodes i hated Nikki. I knew how it was going to end, but I still physically hate her. And the fact that Lucas slept with her, that was very out of chraracter for him.

I love that she helped BP get back to their roots though in the end of the season.

Offline xfreekx

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2012, 03:40:25 PM »
Even when re-watching these episodes i hated Nikki. I knew how it was going to end, but I still physically hate her. And the fact that Lucas slept with her, that was very out of chraracter for him.

Yeah I HATE Nikki too. And i think that was when Lucas realized how low he had fallen. From cheating on Brooke to having a one night stand with some random girl that's when lucas hit rock bottom.