Author Topic: The Official "Chat Room" Thread  (Read 20332 times)

Offline Melissa

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • D'Arch ♥ D'Lov
    • Brucas Destiny Boards
Re: The Official "Chat Room" Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2012, 05:42:09 PM »
^ It's so much fun but it is really exhausting... at least the zoo we went to is a pretty big size and there's a lot of hills. (not to mention I went to the gym this morning lol). And today was REALLY hot here so that didn't help. But, it was still really fun! Ask some friends if they want to go at some point, if you have any zoos close by! Don't wait to have kids to go! lol!
I'm over my head and I know it, I know it. I'm doing my best not to show it, to show it.
Whatever it takes to be, what I was meant to be I'm gonna try. ♥

Offline trinalynne

• Posting 24/7
  • ♥ 7.7.05 ♥
« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2012, 05:52:04 PM »
^ It's so much fun but it is really exhausting... at least the zoo we went to is a pretty big size and there's a lot of hills. (not to mention I went to the gym this morning lol). And today was REALLY hot here so that didn't help. But, it was still really fun! Ask some friends if they want to go at some point, if you have any zoos close by! Don't wait to have kids to go! lol!

lol I know. Every once in a while I try and get my fiance to go but zoos just make him sad cause he hates seeing the animals all locked up. We went to one years ago and he had an anxiety attack :( so I haven't tried pushing it on him too hard. The Aquarium/Sea World type places (which I usually prefer) are the best I can do with him, but the last time we went to one of those was 2 years ago tomorrow (we went to Sea World the day we got in engaged, which is the only reason I remember the exact date,  I'm not just crazy haha). Buuut yea, sometimes I forget that my friends like to be young again too so maybe I'll ask them.

Oooh the fond memories of the zoo when I was a child...I remember there was a monkey that used to flip everyone off haha.
♥ "In love with you completely"

Offline Melissa

• I'm a VIP!
  • D'Arch ♥ D'Lov
    • Brucas Destiny Boards
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2012, 05:56:36 PM »
Aww :( Yeah, I get that. There's a part of me that feels bad because you don't really know how the animals are treated. Like, they have this bird show at the zoo I was at, and those birds are all out in the open, no cage... they all are clipped so they can't fly D: poor things! And there's a new exhibit with hyenas but you can't even see them because they're scared because they're in a new environment :(. I definitely see why it would make him sad. Yeah, if he doesn't like going definitely try asking a friend, I'm sure some of them would love to go! :)

Hahaha oh my goodness! That monkey sounds like he was entertaining xD
I'm over my head and I know it, I know it. I'm doing my best not to show it, to show it.
Whatever it takes to be, what I was meant to be I'm gonna try. ♥

Offline Andrea

• I'm a VIP!
  • Icon- Me
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2012, 06:16:17 PM »
Me and my friends (who are zoology people) went to the zoo a few months ago and we were commenting on how sad it was. The bears and other animals were just walking around in circles...it makes the zoo depressing sometimes...they take good care of the animals, but animals just belong in the wild, not in cages and stuff. There were also a bagillion kids there when we went and some stupid 12 year olds were banging on the glass at the ape exibit, where it obviously says not to do that. And one of the gorillas got angry and charged the glass. I felt really bad for it because those kids were being assholes.

Anyway, I'm spending my last day at home today before I go back down for school. Tomorrow me and my parents are driving 4 hours down there and getting my stuff situated in my new place. I kinda want to go back and see everyone again, but I don't really want to go back to school and getting up early. BLECK.

Offline *SoPhIaFaN01*

• Posting Freak
« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2012, 08:07:35 PM »
Went jet skiin' for the 1st time today with my cousin and uncle. It was a an absolute BLAST! :) Water was a little choppy, but had a fun time! Good few hrs. today for once.

Offline Sema

• I'm a VIP!
  • without a doubt
    • tumblr, yo.
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2012, 08:28:37 PM »
aww Andrea, i feel the same way

one of my friends from highschool is an animal sciences major and interned at the houston zoo all summer and got to give those like bird talks to everyone, it was kinda cool

Offline sophiagurl87

• I'm a VIP!
    • http://myspace.com/christinehat
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2012, 08:18:57 AM »
I've never went jet skiing and i don't think i ever will lol
i'm 26 years old and i work at the riverside elementry school where i help little kids that are handicapped and i play the piano and i'm making bracelets for the make a wish foundation and i have a medical problem.

Offline Sarah

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • NaleyFreak20
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2012, 11:27:18 AM »
I'm packing up my room and getting ready to move!! I'm moving small things this weekend and then my family is helping me with the big stuff on Labor day weekend! I'm ready for this new chapter to begin!

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2012, 11:28:34 AM »
Went jet skiin' for the 1st time today with my cousin and uncle. It was a an absolute BLAST! :) Water was a little choppy, but had a fun time! Good few hrs. today for once.

I'm so jealous. I want to be on the water on sunny days like this! Sounds like so much fun! It's exhausting too! I'm always sore the next day. :)

Offline sophiagurl87

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2012, 06:18:37 PM »
Well I hope everything is going well with you Sarah and  I hope everything is going great for you liz
i'm 26 years old and i work at the riverside elementry school where i help little kids that are handicapped and i play the piano and i'm making bracelets for the make a wish foundation and i have a medical problem.

Offline Sema

• I'm a VIP!
  • without a doubt
    • tumblr, yo.
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2012, 08:15:18 PM »
awww that's awesome Sarah!

drank too much last night and ended up sleeping at 4:30 and getting up before 9. I have literally wasted my entire day today

it doesnt help that im on this ~no caffeine~ period of my life right now

Offline *SoPhIaFaN01*

• Posting Freak
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2012, 10:20:09 PM »
I'm so jealous. I want to be on the water on sunny days like this! Sounds like so much fun! It's exhausting too! I'm always sore the next day. :)

It was kinda choppy and I was holding on really tight, and I am SO SORE! I can barely move my arms. haha. :)

Offline sophiagurl87

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2012, 08:02:36 AM »
Aww that stinks lol

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2012, 08:44:37 AM »
I love coffee in the morning!! I think it's just the best part of the day! :)  Watching some Beverly Hills 90210 on the couch & have a hot cup of java. LOVE IT.

Last night I stayed up wayyy too late playing Mario Kart & Goldeneye on Nintendo 64 & doing personality quizzes with some friends. Haha. Morning comes wayy too fast sometimes.

Offline Mel

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Poof!
    • tumblr
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2012, 12:25:51 PM »
Sore usually means a good workout, at least! ;)

I have the worst stomach in the world and there's not a lot that doesn't make me sick, even with medication, and coffee's one of them. But I love it way too much to stay away. And oh my God the N64! My sister and I just finished Zelda Ocarina of Time on the the wii. I love that you can buy N64 games in the wii shop! We have Yoshi Story too, yet to be played.

Most people that know me well know that I spoil my little budgie rotten. A few days ago, I realized that he's learned to talk! Budgie don't speak as clearly as bigger birds so I didn't notice for awhile, but my family and I have caught him saying "What you doing, bird?" and "Pretty, pretty bird!" to himself over and over haha. He's always been able to mimic noises, kissing, coughing, my laugh, a door creaking (drives me NUTS), keyboard typing, but this is the first time we've heard actual words. It's very cute, but I'm sure it'll get just as annoying as everything else with time hahaha.
And so it goes, this soldier knows.