Author Topic: The Official "Chat Room" Thread  (Read 20331 times)

Offline Mel

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Poof!
    • tumblr
Re: The Official "Chat Room" Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 04:14:11 AM »
Sorry you guys are dealing with so much stress Sema and Sophiafan01. I'm the biggest worry wart on the planet. I'd get more stressed after finals than before, Sema hahaha. The waiting made me sick! & I loveeee apples to apples hahaha.

I'd trade with you, trina and liz! I'm not getting nearly enough hours at work and not only does that suck for my bank account but I do miss my little ones, even though they drive me crazy sometimes. My boss is going through a hard transition in her career and I can hardly be upset about it. But it means more car sharing for my Dad and I and I'm so beyond done with that.
And so it goes, this soldier knows.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 06:48:30 AM »
Oh my goodness, I feel so tired today. Chasing a baby around all day is exhausting! Ha.  I did some shopping earlier though...so I guess part of my exhaustion is my own fault ;)

I can't wait for the fall for one reason...new episodes! I miss being excited for 8 or 9 o'clock to watch a new episode of my favorite shows. But I don't want summer to end...

I have nothing with the summer, haha. I don't like heat that much actually. And I look forward to the fall because of that...and because of the tv shows like you. Can't wait!

Offline *SoPhIaFaN01*

• Posting Freak
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 07:31:56 AM »
Sorry you guys are dealing with so much stress Sema and Sophiafan01. I'm the biggest worry wart on the planet. I'd get more stressed after finals than before,

I'm not in college. Thinking of going back, but its just work and people that are stressing me out.

Offline sophiagurl87

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
    • http://myspace.com/christinehat
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 07:43:06 AM »
I can't believe you guys are complaining about little kids i mean come on little kids are so cute and i love little kids and babies
i'm 26 years old and i work at the riverside elementry school where i help little kids that are handicapped and i play the piano and i'm making bracelets for the make a wish foundation and i have a medical problem.

Offline *SoPhIaFaN01*

• Posting Freak
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 08:38:12 AM »
I can't believe you guys are complaining about little kids i mean come on little kids are so cute and i love little kids and babies

Not everyone has patience for little kids....

Offline trinalynne

• Posting 24/7
  • ♥ 7.7.05 ♥
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 09:05:26 AM »

I didn't realize we were complaining?...All that was said was that we were tired out from being with them all day. Keeping up with the energy level of children is exhausting. There is no downtime and you have to be constantly aware of what's going on.  I adore (most) of the kids in my class and teaching is the only thing I could ever imagine myself doing, so I don't think your assumption that we were complaining or that we dislike kids is fair at all. Also, Liz has her own child, so obviously she likes kids.

Anywaaaays, I'm off to work 10-6. Hope everyone has a great day!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 09:16:03 AM by trinalynne »
♥ "In love with you completely"

Offline myyOTHfan.

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 01:48:58 PM »
Nice idea Liz!

I've got one week to go at work, Saturday I'll see Nick & Simon and VanVelzen (my favorite Dutch artists) on a beach festival, Monday is my final work day and then I have study introduction from Tuesday-Thursday. I'm always a little nervous about things like that, I hope I'll have a nice class ect.

Nick & Simon! 11-10-2013♥♥♥

Offline sophiagurl87

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 01:53:46 PM »
I love working with little kids that are handicapped at school and i think it's wonderful
i'm 26 years old and i work at the riverside elementry school where i help little kids that are handicapped and i play the piano and i'm making bracelets for the make a wish foundation and i have a medical problem.

Offline Mel

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Poof!
    • tumblr
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 04:12:16 PM »
That's great, Christine! Some people definitely have more patience than others. There's no complaining happening, it can just be exhausting, is all we're saying. None of us would choose to work with them if we didn't love them! :) It depends on the age group of kids too. Older kids are always a little easier to watch (in my opinion) because they can entertain themselves a bit better than toddlers can. Toddlers always need to be doing something when it isn't nap time! All of the little ones I have are close in age, so I spend a lot of the day breaking up fights and it takes its toll. I don't have a lot of patience by the time I come home.

I remember the first week I started my job the youngest girl liked to scratch and spit on me. It was not fun breaking that habit, but it was broken.

Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend? :)
And so it goes, this soldier knows.

Offline Andrea

• I'm a VIP!
  • Icon- Me
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 04:44:08 PM »
I'm going to redye my hair today. I really need to because my roots are SUPER showing and I want my hair to look awesome for when school starts up again.

I definitely have little patience for kids. They're cute in super small doses, but most of them I find annoying lol.

Offline Sema

• I'm a VIP!
  • without a doubt
    • tumblr, yo.
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2012, 01:39:35 AM »
hahaha right, Mel? thats my deal too. we still haven't gotten grades back, ahhhh

ehh. kickback tomorrow and raging saturday night. during the day, cramming for a math midterm that's on monday haha

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2012, 07:09:48 AM »
I'm pretty excited to FINALLY be going to a Tigers game tonight (baseball). My husband has half season tickets, but since Shea has been born usually he goes with a friend and I stay home since baseball is his big thing, but tonight there is a babysitter and I can sit back and have a brew and watch the game ;)

TGIF!

Offline sophiagurl87

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2012, 08:18:23 AM »
Mel i love working with little kids that and i think little kids are so funny and liz i hope you have a great time at the baseball game tonight and i hope the team wins and i hope your little girl is doing good which i'm sure she is

Offline Melissa

• I'm a VIP!
  • D'Arch ♥ D'Lov
    • Brucas Destiny Boards
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2012, 05:27:41 PM »
I'm loving the banner for this thread! So cute!

I just got back from the zoo today with my family, we mainly went to bring my niece because she loves animals. It seemed like she loved all the birds mostly... she does love lions and tigers and anything cat like, but they were all sleeping when we walked by them so she didn't even really realize they were there lol. But it was fun to see her reaction to things. I feel like this is such a random post, but I guess this is the point of this thread, right? lol.
I'm over my head and I know it, I know it. I'm doing my best not to show it, to show it.
Whatever it takes to be, what I was meant to be I'm gonna try. ♥

Offline trinalynne

• Posting 24/7
  • ♥ 7.7.05 ♥
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2012, 05:37:43 PM »
I just got back from the zoo today with my family, we mainly went to bring my niece because she loves animals. It seemed like she loved all the birds mostly... she does love lions and tigers and anything cat like, but they were all sleeping when we walked by them so she didn't even really realize they were there lol. But it was fun to see her reaction to things. I feel like this is such a random post, but I guess this is the point of this thread, right? lol.

And now I really want to go to the zoo...can't remember the last time I went to a zoo. Really looking forward to having kids some day so I can take them to all those fun places.

Happy weekend everyone! I don't have much planned for the weekend because I'm trying to be good and save as much money as a I can, but Wednesday my fiance and I are going to his first Red Sox game. He's not into baseball at all but I told him a while ago that I needed to go to at least one game at Fenway this year since we'll hopefully be living back in LA for next season. Unfortunately, they're a total mess this year, so hopefully they'll at least play well Wednesday night.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
♥ "In love with you completely"