Author Topic: OTHforums Rewatch 1.17 & 1.18  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
OTHforums Rewatch 1.17 & 1.18
« on: August 10, 2012, 04:50:08 PM »
Welcome to the Official OTHforums Re-watch Thread!!

Episode 1.17: Spirit in the Night

Original Airdate: April 6, 2004

The gang hits the road to Charlotte where Brooke is determined to win first place at the annual cheerleading competition. But when one of her squad member falls ill, Peyton begs Haley to step into the cheerleader's shoes for a day. Meanwhile, after Whitey assigns Lucas and Nathan to the same room, tempers flare and Haley is caught in the middle

Fun Facts:

When Peyton says "Let's go" to Haley, she sticks her tongue out her mouth without saying a word.

In the scene where Whitey is scolding Karen and Larry, as the camera focuses on him pacing, you can see the face of a person in the background. Then, when the camera switches back to him, you can definitely tell there is nobody in the background.

This episode is the first to contain a product placement for Secret Sparkle (a fragrance and deodorant marketed to teen girls). Secret Sparkle sponsored the cheerleading competition.

When Whitey tells Lucas to help Nathan with creating his shot, Lucas is wearing his backpack strap on his injured right shoulder, apparently without discomfort. But later, Haley merely touches it and Lucas flinches in pain.

During the entire show the camera angles overlap each other. For example, when Lucas entered Haley's room, he is filmed shutting the door. Then they switch to another camera and he's seen shutting the door a second time, even though it was never opened. Another strong example shows Nathan and Lucas in their hotel room. Nathan says something to Lucas, and Lucas rolls over in bed. Then they switch to another camera, and he rolls over again.

This is the first appearance of Bevin Prince as recurring character Bevin Mirskey.

Spirit in the Night is by Bruce Springsteen from his 1973 record, Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J.

Featured Music:

One In Every Crowd" by Viva Voce
"Shadows Cast a Lie" by James William Hindle
"Looking For a Reason" by Paul Trudeau
"Slam" by Midnight to Twelve
"Good Girl, Bad Boy" by Junior Senior
"Shake Yer Booty" by APM Music
"Big Man On The Block" by Black Toast
"Get Naked" by Black Toast
"Mix It Up" by Master Source
"Kung Fu Fighting" by Bus Stop feat. Carl Douglas
"100 Years" by Five For Fighting
"All Kinds Of Time" by Fountains Of Wayne

Episode 1.18:To Wish Impossible Things

Original Airdate: April 13, 2004

Lucas, Nathan and Jake are auctioned off to the highest bidder in the annual "Boy Toy" charity auction and the night leads to surprising developments with old flames. Meanwhile, having missed out on the auction, Brooke ends up with Mouth and gives him the night of his life. Keith proposes to Karen, after Peyton's father lets her know he would love to date her. Astonishing news for Lucas: Brooke might be pregnant.

Fun Facts:

At the auction:
Deb bought Tim for $8
Nicki bought Jake for $100
Haley bought Lucas for $115
Peyton bought Nathan for $112.53
Brooke bought Mouth for $20

While Haley and Lucas were having their water balloon fight, Lucas was throwing balloons with his right arm, the injured arm. He didn't look like he was in any pain.

This episode does not feature the regular opening credits. The cast is listed at the begining of the episode just as guest stars are. Woods is still listed as also starring.

Episode Title: To Wish Impossible Things is a song by the band The Cure from their 1992 album, Wish.

Featured Music:

"Big Brat" by Phantom Planet
"Push It Up" by Cham Pain
"You Can Leave Your Hat On" by Tom Jones
"For Sho" by Master Source
"Ladies Night" by Kool & The Gang
"Nothing Can Change It" by David Grahame
"Without You" by Tyrone Wells
"You Bring Me" by Pop
"Note To Self: Don't Die" by Ryan Adams
"It's Over Now" by Ricky Fante
"Call Me Crazy" by Marla Sokoloff
"Music Please" by Extreme Music
"Just Be Simple" by Songs: Ohia

Offline xfreekx

Re: OTHforums Rewatch 1.17 & 1.18
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 01:18:31 AM »
Watching 1.18 made me feel so bad for Mouth. He was always so in love with Brooke but she never reciprocated at all. I'm on Season 2 now and it gets even worse.

Offline onlyoth23

• Believing you'll do well is half the battle...
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 06:58:54 PM »
I love these re watch threads! i'm on 18 right now but how come the re watch threads are only in season one? i tried looking in other seasons threads and couldnt find any
onlyoth<3

Offline cpinchot

• Brucas Forever
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 03:38:06 PM »
This is what we need to start doing again!

"I'll Miss The Girl Behind The Red Door"   Lucas Scott

Offline Sarah

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • NaleyFreak20
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 09:43:28 PM »
This is what we need to start doing again!

Yesssss! Totally down to do a rewatch with y'all. :)

Offline DJ

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2016, 02:44:26 PM »
Agree!