Author Topic: Peyton and Psycho Derek aftermath  (Read 2717 times)

Offline NiceLegsNiceHands

• If love is an ocean, we're all sinking...
Peyton and Psycho Derek aftermath
« on: July 04, 2012, 01:02:27 AM »
So, am I the only one who thought it was highly strange that no one besides the real Derek and Lucas seemed to give a crap that Peyton was attacked by a psycho stalker? Nathan and Haley never mention it or even pretend to give a crap, and I know Brooke was aware, but she was "mad" at her, so insulted her and treated her like crap, even when Peyton was dealing with being attacked and nearly raped.

I just don't get why NO ONE besides Lucas and her real brother were there for her or at the very least asked her how she was doing. It's like they all forgot they were her friend or something.

"We're circling each other like Venezuelan flamingoes engaged in a complex mating dance."
-Ed and Carol, destine to be together.

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
Re: Peyton and Psycho Derek aftermath
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 05:08:50 AM »
I've been watching season 4 again recently and wondered the exact same thing! It is completely ridiculous. I especially don't get why Nathan and Haley barely mentioned it. Great friends they are!

NickJess

Offline LPLover623

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Icon/Sig: Agnes!
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 07:40:59 AM »
TBH Lucas more than made up for the lack of other friends she had

But yeh it was beyond ridiculous. When something like that happens to your best friend, whether youre in a fight or not, you just have to be there for them or atleast make sure that they're okay.

"over-possessive best friends, with weird lesbian energy...and Haley"
Brooke♥Peyton

Offline Chassi

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 01:13:24 PM »
I agree that it sucks NH weren't there but for any of you here to say that they are terrible friends its messed up and ridiculous. You act like they are never there for Peyton or aren't real friends.

Offline Craigster

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 02:20:51 PM »
Reminds me of season 6 when it seemed like none of the core 5 seemed to care about each other and their respective problems. Poor writing.

Offline NiceLegsNiceHands

• If love is an ocean, we're all sinking...
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 03:13:15 PM »
I wasn't implying they had never been there for Peyton, I just thought it was highly strange that Nathan and Haley never once went to see her or even ask Lucas how she was doing with nearly being raped/killed by Psycho Derek. I mean, I can get why Brooke didn't, but for Naley to just ignore her, in my opinion, was way OOC.

Although I agree that it has to do with poor writing and ignoring established friendships to prop up a couple or storyline.

Also, I've noticed that Peyton/Haley's friendship was one of the most inconsistently written through the first six seasons. They don't interact, only to have each other yell at one another, make up, and then don't interact again for episodes on end, while Brooke/Haley is proppped up to be the second coming of Breyton.
"We're circling each other like Venezuelan flamingoes engaged in a complex mating dance."
-Ed and Carol, destine to be together.

Offline princesssoccer90

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Lathan Award 2013
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 05:57:51 PM »
Yeah I always thought it was weird too!!!

I mean hello they should have at least said something about it or came over to see how she was doing

I also thought that even if Brooke was mad at her, for being her best friend, they should have shown her a lil more caring...I would be so horrified if one of my friends went through something like that even if I was mad at them at the time

I think its funny that they don't show these kinds of things in shows...There were lots of times I think they could have written in friends bonding or coming together over one of their crisis.

It kind of reminds me of Dawson's Creek the storyline of Joey getting mugged, I felt they only made Dawson show real concern for her during this even though they said right after it happened they all rallied around her or whatever, but I think they could have shown this instead...maybe it was more cuz I was hoping Pacey would show a lil more concern for Joey at the time...LOL oh well

It's like shows forget to show us these things...but its these sorts of things that make us, the audience, feel like the characters are really close and have great friendships!!! =)

Naley and Leyton-OTH December MOM 2012

Offline Destined4Greatness

• All you need is one.
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 07:51:13 PM »
I think in 4x06 or 07 it was implied that Haley seen Peyton. When Brooke asked Haley how was Peyton doing and Haley said she still doesn't think she was doing that well. And I actually like that scene because Haley was actually defending Peyton while Brooke was being a complete selfish bitch.

Offline hilarie.love

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2012, 03:34:29 AM »
In order for me to be completely satisfied with this SL they would've had to show a lot more than they did. But whenever something like this happens, I just to tell myself there isn't any way everything I want could be put in a 45 min CW show...:/ It sucks, but I just imagine everything that should've/had to have happened off-screen in my head. :]
"Somebody told me that this is the place where everything's better and everything's safe."

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2012, 05:12:08 AM »
I agree that it sucks NH weren't there but for any of you here to say that they are terrible friends its messed up and ridiculous. You act like they are never there for Peyton or aren't real friends.

I can speak for everyone else, but personally I didn't say they were terrible friends in general but the way that the writers dealt with this storyline made them seem like terrible friends in this instance. Wouldn't you think your best friend(s) were awful for not coming to see you and make sure you were ok (at LEAST) if you were attacked....?

I just hate it when writers build up friendships and are not consistent with them (e.g. the lack of BP mention after LP left).

TBH Lucas more than made up for the lack of other friends she had

But yeh it was beyond ridiculous. When something like that happens to your best friend, whether youre in a fight or not, you just have to be there for them or atleast make sure that they're okay.

Exactly. I agree that Lucas made up for the lack of friends, but he shouldn't have had to!! There should have been more than just Lucas there to help Peyton.

NickJess

Offline Sara

• dodger716
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2012, 06:54:05 PM »
I think it was mostly to prop LP.  Remember Skills..."Peyton happened to be there, you chose to be there."  We can't have everyone running around being a good friend and therefore harboring feelings for Peyton. ;)

Hahaha...but also, that's so OTH.  All the inconsistencies in relationships.

Offline justafan

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 02:51:45 AM »
I think it was mostly to prop LP.  Remember Skills..."Peyton happened to be there, you chose to be there."  We can't have everyone running around being a good friend and therefore harboring feelings for Peyton. ;)

Hahaha...but also, that's so OTH.  All the inconsistencies in relationships.

a lot of shows do that.  one epic story line involving two people and seemingly the rest of the town is on some different planet and has no idea what's going on

and yeah, it was to prop LP.  for Lucas to really protect her when Peyton's life is on the line and to get idea of out of his head that they can't be just friends

Offline nickfanatic_10

• Posting Freak
  • NALEY FAN!!
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 05:27:36 PM »
What I don't get was how come in 4x05 Derek gets thrown from a 2nd story window and can get up and leave the scene before the cops get there without any injury. But Nathan gets thrown through a 1st story window and glass goes into his back, hits his spine and he can't move his legs. ::)  :o  :( ???

<3TRUE LOVE<3

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 05:38:15 PM »
OTH always did that with those kind of storylines... Besides the people involved in it, there are not a lot who mention it
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''

Offline Naley567

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2017, 11:00:28 AM »
Peyton needed that whole Derek situation so her and Brooke can become friends again