Author Topic: haley was very prop brooke  (Read 3484 times)

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
Re: haley was very prop brooke
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2012, 06:47:56 PM »
I agree with you Dagmar that in season 9 Haley had a stronger friendship with Quinn than Brooke without a doubt.

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
  • God kissed the earth once...where Germany is now!
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2012, 06:57:13 PM »
I think people who focus on their favorite character don't see what fans of other characters see.

All I can say is that a friendship isn't only about giving and taking.It's also about the persons themselves and if they really feel comfortable enough to be open about their feelings.Brooke has always been a person who was open about her feelings and Haley wasn't.But does it mean that the friendship between Brooke and Haley was one-sided just because Haley barely opened up to Brooke,but rather went to her sister Quinn?A friendship also means to have enough trust in the other person to open up to her,to talk to her and to let her help you if you need it.Haley never did.She had her own way of dealing with her problems and Brooke looked for comfort when she needed it.I don't see what is wrong about it.

You can't expect from your "best friend" to know how you feel just because he/she is your best friend.You need to open up from time to time.

There is NO ONE to blame in this relationship.They had a great friendship in my pov. ^-^

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2012, 07:01:37 PM »
^AMEN!

Offline EveBlueGirly

« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2012, 07:18:31 PM »
I think people who focus on their favorite character don't see what fans of other characters see.

Which is also why Brooke fans don't see the glaring imbalance in the friendship.

All I can say is that a friendship isn't only about giving and taking.It's also about the persons themselves and if they really feel comfortable enough to be open about their feelings.

I've seen you use this argument a hundred times.  As I stated in my previous post, Haley does open up.  But if she doesn't open up to Brooke, it seems to be because Brooke is not a person who can give in the friendship, can not set aside her own issues to truly listen and be there for another person.

Brooke has always been a person who was open about her feelings and Haley wasn't.

Brooke will talk about herself/her problems with anyone, true.  And Haley is a good listener and good friend who knows better than to try and focus any discussions on herself at this point.  Why bother?  And she has other people that will listen and support her in her times of need like her sister, her best friend Lucas and her husband.

But does it mean that the friendship between Brooke and Haley was one-sided just because Haley barely opened up to Brooke,but rather went to her sister Quinn?

Yes.  If Brooke was truly a good, selfless friend, she would know when Haley needs support.  Haley shouldn't have to tell her after all these years.   The fact that Haley opens up to Quinn, Lucas, etc and not Brooke is proof to me that she is not the kind of friend that Haley feels she can count on during those times when SHE needs true, unconditional support. 

A friendship also means to have enough trust in the other person to open up to her,to talk to her and to let her help you if you need it.Haley never did.

I agree.  Brooke is not the kind of friend that you can trust to open up to and actually get 100% support from in a time of need.

She had had her own way of dealing with her problems and Brooke looked for comfort when she needed it.I don't see what is wrong about it.

That's fine. Your opinion and mine just differ.  I think your statements above actually prove my point, but I'm guessing you don't.  Tomato/Tomatoh.   No big deal at the end of the day that we don't agree.

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2012, 08:11:06 PM »
Which is also why Brooke fans don't see the glaring imbalance in the friendship.

It's all about interpretation. And that is why fans of different fanbases are never gonna agree with each other when it comes to certain topics.

I've seen you use this argument a hundred times.  As I stated in my previous post, Haley does open up.  But if she doesn't open up to Brooke, it seems to be because Brooke is not a person who can give in the friendship, can not set aside her own issues to truly listen and be there for another person.

Why can't Brooke give in the friendship?Because she was never able to look into Haleys head?It's not like Brooke ever kicked Haley off the curb when she needed her.

Brooke will talk about herself/her problems with anyone, true.  And Haley is a good listener and good friend who knows better than to try and focus any discussions on herself at this point.

So if I go to my best friend,because I need her, I try and focus any discussions on myself?Interesting.I see it as looking for comfort when I actually need it.

Yes.  If Brooke was truly a good, selfless friend, she would know when Haley needs support.  Haley shouldn't have to tell her after all these years.

Sorry,but I don't get that.So the mere fact that they've been friends for years should have been reason enough for Brooke to see that Haley had problems,even when Haley barely opened up to her?

How would Brooke know?

Brooke never denied Haley any help or told her to [Censored] it off or something.

When Nathan was kidnapped Brooke did ask Haley how she was doing,because she knew that Haley had a hard time dealing with all of this.Hell,who wouldn't? Haley told her that everything was fine "considering the cirumstances." She once again didn't open up to Brooke.

Had Brooke known about the kidnapping and hadn't asked her how she was doing it would've been something different,but that wasn't the case.She knew about it and tried to comfort Haley.

Sometimes you have problems that no one is aware of.Problems that aren't so obvious and in those moments you have to decide for yourself if you wanna open up or not.If you choose to not open up you can't expect from others to be aware of your issues.

Thousands of people commit suicide every day because of their problems and often even their closest friends aren't aware of the issuses their friend has.How often do we hear "I had no idea he/she was feeling that way."If people always knew what is going on with depressed people they would maybe be able to fix this person and then the number of suicides would dicrease,but well...it doesn't work that way.

Even if you are friends with someone for YEARS you can never always tell when this friend needs you.You get to know this person better over the years,yes,but you can't look into this persons head.That's nonsense.

And it also depends on what kind of problems you have to deal with.

One example: People called Brooke a bad friend because they thought she wasn't there for Haley,when her mother died and that Brooke not being there for Haley when it happend, was the reason why Haley went to Quinn instead.Huh?When my mom dies I of course go to my brother first,because he's sitting in the same boat.

Brooke is not the kind of friend that you can trust to open up to and actually get 100% support from in a time of need.

If Brooke wasn't a friend you could trust to open up then why was Haley friends with her? ???

Out of pity?Or because she had no one else?

No big deal at the end of the day that we don't agree.

I agree! :)

« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 07:11:32 AM by German_Girl »

Offline EveBlueGirly

« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2012, 09:04:37 PM »
I'm not going to go through your last post and comment on everything point by point.  Bottom line...we have different opinions of what friendship and what being a friend is...especially a "best" friend.  I do think Haley and Brooke are friends because the show told us they were, but, for Haley, Brooke was also shown to NOT be a good "go to" friend in her time of need.  It didn't bother Brooke (more time for her to think about/talk about herself!) and Haley accepted Brooke for what she was (and was not) as as friend and still made sure she was the kind of friend Brooke needed even when she didn't get the same in return.  I suppose it was easier for her to not expect that from Brooke since she had other people in her life who could be that kind of friend when she needed more than a couple seconds of support.   Despite the fact that I don't really care for the character of Brooke, I don't think she's an evil person or anything, just a mostly self-absorbed one, in all her relationships, not just with Haley.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2012, 03:51:13 AM »
I just want to add that Brooke was there for Haley on several occasions. She made sure Haley had a roof to sleep under during S3 with inviting her as her room-mate. Yes, that was also because of the financial part of the apartment ; but imo she mainly asked it for Haley's sake. She cared for Haley at a time nearly everyone was mad at her ( Nathan/Peyton ; and Lucas in some level althought he was more dissapointed ) and took her in. When Haley found out she was pregnant in S4, the first person she shared it with was Brooke. Brooke took the ''blame'' of the pregnancy and had to deal with the concequences. When Haley and Nathan got married it was Brooke who organised the party. It was Brooke who was made god-mother. When Haley's mum died it was obvious she cared for Haley a lot. She even went to Nathan to ask how she was doing. When Nathan was kidnapped Brooke asked her on multiple occasions how she was doing and how she could help.

So imo, their friendship was hardly one-sided. It's what Tanja is saying...if you are fan of a certain character ( that includes Baley / Brooke fans ) it's hard to see the other side.

And I agree that a friendship is more than just talking with eachother. I consider them best friends because Brooke is always there for Haley's kids ; because they confide into eachother ( even thought it's not always 50/50, which makes sense since there's no friendship that's ever been that way ).

Haley may open up easier to Lucas or Nathan, but that's just the way her character works. It has nothing to do with her friendship with Brooke. You can have multiple best friends, you know? :)

If Haley really would have hated her as a friend and really thought that Brooke wasn't there for her, she would have said something about it, right? Haley is tough and honest, so she wouldn't just name Brooke godmother because she didn't want to hurt Brooke.

Offline Dagmar

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Art by Brittany
    • Fanfiction.com
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2012, 06:31:53 AM »
I think that Brooke was indeed a good friend to Haley.
And the reason Haley went to Quinn in season 9 imo is because she is her sister. Sisters are different from friends, as simple as that.
When there is something I'm even scared to talk about I'd rather discuss it with my sister then with my best friend. That has nothing to do with my friend, but more to do that my sisters knows me in a way nobody else does.

And Ingmar I agree with pretty much everything you said haha.

"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds"

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2012, 07:12:16 AM »
I think that Brooke was indeed a good friend to Haley.
And the reason Haley went to Quinn in season 9 imo is because she is her sister. Sisters are different from friends, as simple as that.
When there is something I'm even scared to talk about I'd rather discuss it with my sister then with my best friend. That has nothing to do with my friend, but more to do that my sisters knows me in a way nobody else does.

And Ingmar I agree with pretty much everything you said haha.

Exactly!

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2012, 09:28:13 AM »
I certainly don't think the friendship was one sided at all. I'm confused as to where people are getting that from.

In season 3, especially, they were equally there for each other. At first I feel like Brooke was more of a friend to Haley because she was in the whole Nathan/tour situation. But near the end of the season Haley was just as much there for Brooke.

As far as later seasons go I think they stayed extremely close. Brooke had Peyton in seasons 5 & 6 so Haley and Brooke took a bit of a back seat. It had nothing to do with their friendship.

I find their friendship to be fun, I think they are complete opposites so that was fun to watch. A completely different dynamic than PH or HQ (not in a bad way though)