Author Topic: haley was very prop brooke  (Read 3483 times)

Offline chadbethanyjoyfan

• yes
haley was very prop brooke
« on: May 29, 2012, 03:41:13 PM »
Haley all season 4  was on brooke side and only side like she her best friend but she not. I dilke haley when she with brooke other that i love her. I really dslike their random friendshil

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
Re: haley was very prop brooke
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2012, 03:54:48 PM »
I'm confused...are you saying  you liked Haley because of that? Or she was being fake?

Offline Dagmar

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Art by Brittany
    • Fanfiction.com
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 04:06:51 PM »
If I'm correct you don't like Haley with Brooke? Because their friendship is random?
I personally think their friendship was one with wonderful build up. Nothing random about it, so I'd love to hear why you think it is random. :)

"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds"

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 04:09:28 PM »
It definitely wasn't random -- I was never as big on BH as much as everyone else. However, there was definitely a build up and was especially huge in season 3.

Offline gellerbing

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2012, 04:16:08 PM »
i dont find anything random about it either, it was built up gradually over the seasons

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2012, 04:21:13 PM »
While I agree - that at some times - the friendships was kind of one-sided, I don't blame Brooke or Haley for it. Friendships / relationships are rarely 50/50 in regards of sharing things, etc. Haley was really supportive towards Brooke on more occasions than it was the other way around, but that was just how their life treated them. And whenever Haley did need help from Brooke, Brooke was always there for her ( starting mid season 2 - season 3 ). Of all the friendships on the show it's their friendship that they really built in a realistic way imo. Imo it worked. In friendships it's not like : '' Oh, wait, I'm not gonna support you today because I also supported you yesterday while you didn't support me while I had nothing to be worried about ''. Just like real life friendships....you don't always count. As long as you are both there for eachother whenever it's needed. And they both did, exactly that. That's how I see it anyway.

Offline Chassi

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2012, 04:45:37 PM »
Seasons 1&2 they weren't close but once they became roomies in S3 their friendship gradually progressed so I don't think its that random.

Offline Dagmar

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Art by Brittany
    • Fanfiction.com
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2012, 05:24:16 PM »
That's why I wanted to hear why they are random. Sure you can not like them, but I can't see the randomness.
Love to hear her view on that. :)

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2012, 05:44:09 PM »
I agree that Haley was Brooke prop during season 4, and their friendship was actually important.

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2012, 02:51:29 PM »
Brooke and Haley was actually my favorite friendship because I got why they were friends. BP sucked imo so I loved Brooke with/around Haley. LH were ok but it was almost always all about Luke so that didn't interest me either.

Offline EveBlueGirly

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2012, 04:36:51 PM »
Since I'm not sure what the OP is stating, I can't comment specifically in terms of agreeing or disagreeing with him/her.

As a Haley fan, I did not like the Brooke/Haley friendship because Haley did 95% of the giving and Brooke 95% of the taking.  There are only a handful of scene in the entire series where a scene didn't start and/or end with Brooke's issues being discussed/taking center stage.  While I admire the fact that Haley's a good friend, I would have liked to see her spend more time with friends who gave as good as they took.  Brooke was not one of them.  I honestly don't think that any of her friendships were 50/50 balanced, but the most imbalanced, imo, was BH and the best/least imbalanced was LH.  Once Lucas left, I knew "friendship" scenes for Haley were doomed and S7-S9, especially S8 (such a god-awful season), were proof of that.

But, as I've stated before in threads like this, I do understand why fans of the Brooke character liked BH.  Who doesn't like scenes where their favorite receives focus?

Offline Dagmar

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Art by Brittany
    • Fanfiction.com
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2012, 06:13:10 PM »
While I agree that their scenes in season 8 were more about Brooke, I don't agree that they always were or 95% of them. Also season 9 Haley went to Quinn more for her stuff, so not too much to Brooke.

In season 3 a lot of it was about Haley as well. Haven't rewatch the rest of the seasons in a while or anything but I never really saw their friendship as 95% Brooke. I liked their friendship.
And no I'm not just a Brooke fan. Big Haley fan as well.

Offline EveBlueGirly

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2012, 06:28:37 PM »
This is a thread about the BH friendship, so I was only commenting on their interactions as i see them.  The fact that Quinn was there for Haley in S9 really has nothing to do with the content of scenes between Brooke and Haley.

As for S3, the friendship was more tolerable for me in that season, but if I had the time and desire to go back and look at each of their scenes, I'm pretty confident I could point out in nearly all of them how they were mostly about Brooke even if Haley got something out of them as well.  Brooke is a very needy, insecure person.  Pretty much everyone she interacted with...if they wanted to be in her life...needed to feed that neediness.  Haley was not the only one.  It was shown a lot with Julian as well once they got together.

And yes, you're a Haley fan, but also a Brooke fan, so you probably give Brooke a lot more "rope" than I do in their scenes together and don't really notice/care when they're mostly about her issues/problems.  That's not a criticism, just a likely fact.

Offline Dagmar

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Art by Brittany
    • Fanfiction.com
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2012, 06:32:52 PM »
I know this is about BH, I was just stating that there weren't too many friendship scenes in s9. And Haley had those moments more with Quinn, thus it being loopsided since Brooke did go to Haley for things.

And maybe I do give her more rope...or perhaps I just see their friendship differently.

Offline EveBlueGirly

« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2012, 06:46:26 PM »
I know this is about BH, I was just stating that there weren't too many friendship scenes in s9. And Haley had those moments more with Quinn, thus it being loopsided since Brooke did go to Haley for things.

And maybe I do give her more rope...or perhaps I just see their friendship differently.

I'm sure you and I do see it differently based on our opinions of each character and there's nothing wrong with either of our opinions.

As for Quinn being there for Haley in S9, though, I think in some ways that proves the kind of friend that Brooke is to Haley.  When Haley really needs someone to be there for HER, like in S9, who does she go to?  Quinn and Lucas. Yes, she can go to Brooke for help with something more superficial like making her look "dive bar appropriate", but for true, heartfelt discussions and support about HER, she goes elsewhere.