Author Topic: Not as bad as I thought...?  (Read 2651 times)

Offline Jerret

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • meow
Not as bad as I thought...?
« on: May 26, 2012, 04:22:00 PM »
So I've been rewatching season 6 and have come to find that I actually enjoy this season quite a lot. I guess going back and rewatching years after it's aired you can pick up on things that you didn't see before. The highlight of the season was defiantly Brooke, this was by far her best season imo. NH kinda had a dry spell, but after the crap fest of S5 I think they needed a more calm year anyways. I wish they would've done more with LP, but I did like the movie storyline a lot and the high risk pregnancy in the 2nd half. Especially after witnessing S8, I have even more of an appreciation for S6 haha

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
Re: Not as bad as I thought...?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 11:27:37 AM »
Even though he was such an ass, haha, I loved seeing James Vanderbeek on the show!  I think his role was just hilarious and brought a nice comedic side to the whole storyline!  And he ended up being the one who saved them, right? With the reel of film?? I can't remember, I gotta rewatch, lol!

I liked season 6, My top 3 will always be, like for most people, seasons 1-3, though some include season 4, I do not, though it is next on my list, just not epic, but this thread isn't about that, lol, now I am rambling, haha!

I HATED the nanny Carrie storyline, it was just cringe-worthy to watch, ugh.  But it wasn't that horrible of a season, and when Deb took Carrie out with that bottle, that was PRICELESS and I did love that, lol!

I didn't like the LP send off that much and their wedding could've been better but I take what I can get and it could've been worse.  At least they were all healthy ad together.  Kinda pissed their roles on the show went with them since they were RARELY mentioned here and there, but thats besides the point.

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2012, 03:41:43 PM »
I adored S6 <3 For me it was just perfect! LP, NH & BJu at their best <3

NickJess

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2012, 03:55:51 PM »
Just as horrible as seaosn 4, puaj.

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 01:38:48 PM »
I never understood the hate for season 6. I think the first half was REALLY good. It wasn't as good in the second one, but it was still nice and I liked it a lot
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''

Offline princesssoccer90

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Lathan Award 2013
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2012, 05:58:58 PM »
I really liked season 6!!!  It was great for each couple!!!  Naley, Leyton, Brulian!!!  There wasn't too much drama, but it was great seeing them deal with regular problems!!!

Naley and Leyton-OTH December MOM 2012

Offline NiceLegsNiceHands

• If love is an ocean, we're all sinking...
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 11:35:04 PM »
I don't get the hatred for this season either. I loved it, but then that's my shipper glasses coming into play. I loved seeing LP happy and getting married and having a baby, because it was a long time coming for them. I also loved the build up of Brulian.

I did not like the Nanny Carry storyline at all and found Nathan and Haley's stories to be pretty boring.
"We're circling each other like Venezuelan flamingoes engaged in a complex mating dance."
-Ed and Carol, destine to be together.

Offline xfreekx

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 06:00:27 PM »
I completely agree with the OP. I remembered this season being my least favorite easily during the original run. Now that i've rewatched it I loved it. My wife and I are still trying to figure out why we disliked it so much the first time.

Offline HaleyFan88

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 09:00:40 AM »
I found season 6 more boring as opposed to bad; it wasn't my least favorite season (seasons 4 & 8 hold those spots) but it was towards the bottom of my rankings.  It was full of so many cheesy and cliched storylines.  For examples:

Peyton's threatened pregnancy and her almost dying because of it.  I'm not a Leyton fan but it was nice to see them as a real couple without any third party threats (I didn't consider Julian a threat at all)...but they were way too cheesy for me to truly enjoy.  Julian and Peyton's random and vague relationship.  Yet again, another guy Breyton have shared - can we say played out?  Seeing the real Derek was nice, though.  I loved Peyton and Derek.

The book/movie storyline wasn't horrible but all I could think was "wow, how original" and kept flashing back to Dawson's Creek, who bth, did it so much better IMO.

Brooke and Julian and their whole relationship (I really liked the idea of them at first, until 614 and they lost me).  Brooke and her overplayed insecurities about her past sexual history; she has a past - who doesn't?  Focusing on and harping over it isn't gonna change it.  She apparently changed and grew from it yet she was the one to always bring it up.  It got so tiresome.  And I'm sorry but when you give it up on the first "date"...well, what do you expact?  I really loved Brooke/Sam and Brooke/Victoria, though.  And Brooke's attack was a nice storyline.  Although, the longer it went on the more annoyed I got with Brooke.  Don't ask me why cause I don't know.  I felt that she was perfectly justified and understandable during it but for some reason, Brooke got more and more annoying.

Deb and Skills - sick.  Skills and Lauren were cute - definitely better than Deb/Skills but I've always been a Skevin fan so I couldn't love Skill's and Lauren.

Dan and Carrie (add Haley & Jamie in 605) was completely ridiculous.  As was a freaking dog eating Dan's heart.

Jamie changing from cute and adorable to annoying and having way too much focus, not to mention him being a "genius".

I liked Mia and enjoyed her relationship with Chase but I could have gone with or without it honestly; I LOVE Kate's music but was it necessary to play it in like every episode?

Mouth and Gigi - hated it as a Mouth/Millie fan.  Millie feeling so passionately about her virginity just to throw it away like she did with Owen.

Nathan and Haley - while it was really nice to see a drama-free season for them and seeing them pursuing their individual dreams, they were a little boring as a couple.  But at least Naley, IMO, was ten times more enjoyable to watch than everything else.

So again, it may sound like I hated season 6 but I didn't.  I just found it boring and full of some really ridiculous, cliched, and played out storylines.

Offline laffertyjoy

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2013, 09:03:10 PM »
i LOVE Peyton and Derek too, i think he has should shown up more, i dont know but they dont seen each other since s4? anyway, i really like the way the Derek treat Peyton!

I liked the storylines about pregnancy risk, was not the best story, but earned good scenes, like when Lucas and Peyton discover, as the memory box, and video...

I love Julian to Brooke, but seriously, he had to have been date Peyton before? I think they should find another guy to have been the old Peyton's boyfriend! even though I like the story between Peyton and Julian, but PB sharing all the guys got a little old.

Brooke insecurity was the worst! seemed like she would never move on! was really annoying when she started to throw it all in Julian (I LOVE him btw).

Brooke and Sam was one of the storylines that i most liked! and Brooke being attacked was also great, but then started to get really annoying, I think she kept to herself for too long, so I think it was unnecessary. I liked Brooke in season 6! but Brooke and Julian was getting boring because all uncertainty.

Deb and Skills was horrible! I love Skills as a character, but he was horrible with Deb!

about Carrie: It was one of the worst storylines!

Nathan and Haley were awesome as characters, not  so much as a couple, and I thought it good because there are people who forget to Nathan and Haley are indviduas characters and not just Naley! I'm a fan of Nathan and Haley, best couple of all time, but I think it's important to show a bit of character and not just a couple.

I enjoyed the 6 season, had good storylines for me, were cliches but for me it was good, was not the best season but...