Author Topic: Haley need to grow up!  (Read 2614 times)

Offline thehotsung

Haley need to grow up!
« on: May 18, 2012, 04:45:39 AM »
I like Haley until season 7, episode 18.  After her mom die, she a total nutcase and is only thinking about herself.  She skip out on her photo or video shoot and completely lost it.  I don't feel sorry for Haley because she has a great life with a great husband, son, friends, siblings, and a great mom.  That more than a lot of people can ask for, and let not to mention she has a natural talent in singing. 

It anger me that the people portrayed in OTH are nothing but rich and spoil.  When bad things happen they just fall apart like domino pieces.  I care a lot about OTH and even as a guy I have cry so many times, but I also get angry a lot of the time and Haley crying and acting like a loose cannon make me just want to slap her.  She need to grown up.  Most people don't have half much less 1/4 the life she has. 

Offline sophiaisawesome

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
Re: Haley need to grow up!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 05:57:36 AM »
It's called a DEPRESSION.

Offline Dagmar

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Art by Brittany
    • Fanfiction.com
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 07:18:13 AM »
Her mother died. I think it's not very strange for her to stop caring about things like photoshoots.
When a parent dies, you lose a part of yourself that can never be found again. And everyone deals with  that in their own way. Haley was always strong for everyone during the other seasons. Partly because she had a strong mother supporting her. And when that support system suddenly falls away....
Let's just say I don't think any blame falls on her. Depression can hit anyone at any given time, but if there was ever a reason to be allowed to fall apart for a bit, it's when you lose someone who is so close to you as a parent is.

"Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds"

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 09:19:44 AM »
I LOVE these random rants!. Haha

She was clearly depressed because her mother died, most people are sad when a family member dies. It's normal. As a viewer, I got bored of it after a while, not going to lie. However, it's completely realistic to put your life on hold when you're depressed.

Clearly not her being selfish though. Simply going through a rough time. Let's not forget that she is the one that is ALWAYS selfless IMO.

Offline Craigster

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 09:23:02 AM »
LOL. Okay.

Offline Rose H.

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2012, 01:50:15 PM »
I understand her. Her mother died and she doesnt know how to handle it. Every person reacts different.

Offline thehotsung

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2012, 02:19:56 PM »
Haley is being so reckless as the season move on.  I think Haley deserve these things because as rich as both of them are they never once gave any of their money to charity.  They destroy things, throw foods, and money away like it doesn't even matter.  They got their car tow because Haley walk out of traffic, not caring what the person who stuck behind them would think. 

I know this is a TV show, but let say it was you driving the car in traffic behind Haley what would you do?  I know what I would do.  Go outside and yell at her and call her all sort of foul language, because you just don't do that.  Haley reaction to her mother death is pathetic.  Since Haley got everything handed to her, one bad things happen and she can't handle it whereas people who have a lot taken away from them at an early age, know that life is worth living no matter how many love one they lose.  And then she goes and say "why do bad things happen to good people"?  Haley is not a good person, and she deserve to lose much more.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 02:40:41 PM by thehotsung »

Offline Dagmar

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Art by Brittany
    • Fanfiction.com
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 02:46:45 PM »
"Why do good things happen to good people" was meant as why did her mother die who was a good person.
Anyway, she suffers from depression after her mother dies, so she can't be held completely responsible for her actions. Don't know if you are aware of the symptoms and consequences of depression but I guess if you were you wouldn't be saying these things.

As for one bad thing happens to her. Plenty things have happened to Haley and she dealt with most of them gracefully. But losing a parent is so much more then 'a bad thing happening' to her. It's far more painful than anything else.

Offline olimix57

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2012, 02:49:06 PM »
Haley was very depressed so I don't think you can really hold her actions against her there.

What I take issue with in that storyline is that she wasn't institutionalized or that Jamie didn't go away for a while. She was clearly a danger to herself and others (jumping in the pool, setting the piano on fire). It just wasn't a safe place for a child.

Offline Dagmar

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Art by Brittany
    • Fanfiction.com
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2012, 02:52:43 PM »
For her to be seen by authorities as a danger to herself and others, someone would have had to turn her in. Her friends and husband wouldn't do that and he neighbours are too far away to actually see what she does.
Besides that, Nathan was still there to protect Jamie.

Still it would not have been surprising if they had called authorities.

Offline NiceLegsNiceHands

• If love is an ocean, we're all sinking...
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2012, 11:17:35 AM »
I sort of actually agree with this. There is a difference between being depressed, and being a selfish, pathetic brat, and Haley was acting like the latter more and more as the season went on.

I often wonder if that's how she was written, or if Joy was just overacting. Either way, it rubbed me the wrong way.

I normally love Haley and can relate/connect to her, but not after her mother died. I've dealt with chronic depression for over ten years and have spent time with a lot of other depressed people and Haley acted more like someone who has histrionic personality disorder dealing with the loss of a loved one and I know Haley doesn't suffer from that.

I also HATED that she acted like no one else had ever lost a mother and wouldn't understand her. Okay, seeing as one of your best friends named Peyton, lost two, and you didn't even bother to talk to her about it, or I don't know your two sisters who were in the hospital room when she died know exactly what you're going through, seeing as they are your sisters. That pissed me off a lot. I just really hated her attitude after her mom died, and to me it was completely selfish and way out of line. She pretty much ignored her son, who just lost his grandmother, who sisters who were also dealing with that loss, treated Nathan terribly, and basically tried to kill herself three times, all because her mom died? Sorry, but you're not depressed, honey, you are being histrionic and acting like a child.
"We're circling each other like Venezuelan flamingoes engaged in a complex mating dance."
-Ed and Carol, destine to be together.

Offline writeonlylove

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2012, 03:14:18 PM »
I sort of actually agree with this. There is a difference between being depressed, and being a selfish, pathetic brat, and Haley was acting like the latter more and more as the season went on.

I often wonder if that's how she was written, or if Joy was just overacting. Either way, it rubbed me the wrong way.

I normally love Haley and can relate/connect to her, but not after her mother died. I've dealt with chronic depression for over ten years and have spent time with a lot of other depressed people and Haley acted more like someone who has histrionic personality disorder dealing with the loss of a loved one and I know Haley doesn't suffer from that.

I also HATED that she acted like no one else had ever lost a mother and wouldn't understand her. Okay, seeing as one of your best friends named Peyton, lost two, and you didn't even bother to talk to her about it, or I don't know your two sisters who were in the hospital room when she died know exactly what you're going through, seeing as they are your sisters. That pissed me off a lot. I just really hated her attitude after her mom died, and to me it was completely selfish and way out of line. She pretty much ignored her son, who just lost his grandmother, who sisters who were also dealing with that loss, treated Nathan terribly, and basically tried to kill herself three times, all because her mom died? Sorry, but you're not depressed, honey, you are being histrionic and acting like a child.
I've been depressed on and off through out my life and I can honestly relate to Haley so much during her depression. I've also had family members who were depressed and showed some of the same signs Haley did and I've seen people even say that they related to Haley's depression back when her episodes aired. Right now, I'm studying psychology and learning about different depressions and the symptoms Haley showcased are being menitioned quite a bit. So I say Haley was pretty much in a state of depression, you may not have experienced it like her or seen others who did but she was depressed in my opinion.

Depression can control your mind, feelings, emotions, and many other functions. When depressed some people will ignore others, snap at people, and say and do hurtful things to their loved ones. They don't have the best state of mind and they don't always think about what others have been through or that others can relate. They can comes off as selfish, irrational, irritable when around others, or feel hopeless about everything to the point where they will try and harm themselves or commit suicide even if they don't want to feel pain or die. With Haley she was irritable about others being around her and did want to be alone during some scenes though we did see her around Brooke and Nathan, she was snappy with people and said things she obviously felt guilty for since we did hear in her mind that she felt bad for how she treated Nathan and Jamie and that she felt like they didn't deserve her. I also think Haley didn't want to commit suicide but instead wanted to feel something but she was just doing it in a harmful way that obviously meant she wasn't in the right state of mind.

By the way, people react to things differently whether it's death of a loved one, failing something for school or a job, being dumped or divorce, and many other things, some people take those things hard and get very depressed to the point of feeling the way Haley did, the way you did and the way you seen others go through and I'm sure there are other depressions that we've both haven't seen or experienced in life either.