Author Topic: Peyton is the worst!  (Read 21609 times)

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
Re: Peyton is the worst!
« Reply #225 on: October 01, 2013, 04:37:50 PM »
I just re-watched to be sure. Nathan was avoiding Haley during that time. He was not around and did not see them teasing messing with Haley. He wasn't even there to see them talking. He heard a rumor about her getting into a fight and learned from Haley that they were messing with her. The next time he was there to see and he defended her. That is the facts of that episode.

So to say he did nothing when they were bothering him so he would have said nothing to Peyton is not supported by any story onscreen. Considering the fact that he loved Haley and peyton was only a frined I don't think he would have sided with Peyton if he knew.

Offline NiceLegsNiceHands

• If love is an ocean, we're all sinking...
« Reply #226 on: October 01, 2013, 06:14:06 PM »
There is no way that Nathan would have sided with Peyton over Haley, ever. He didn't witness anyone being mean to Haley. He found out about it later and he stood up for Haley, but behind closed doors he still wasn't that nice to her, because he wasn't ready to forgive her yet. I think Nathan/Haley in this time reminded me a lot of Peyton/Brooke scenes after the first season fiasco with Lucas. She stood up for her to Nikki, but only because Nikki was a total witch and deserved it, but it took a long time for them to be friends again. I don't think Nathan was ever made aware of the problems that Haley and Peyton were having. I don't think Haley ever said anything to Nathan, because she and Peyton could take care of it on her own. There wasn't a reason to drag Nathan through their drama and Peyton and Haley eventually worked it out anyway. The scene with the two girls was different because the girls hated Haley and were jealous of her. Peyton was upset with Haley because she left and hurt them all and she was the first one who came back that she could unleash her anger on. I do think Peyton was a bitch to Haley in season 3, I'm not saying that Peyton never was, but I don't think her bitchiness makes her the worst character on the show or even in that season.
"We're circling each other like Venezuelan flamingoes engaged in a complex mating dance."
-Ed and Carol, destine to be together.

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
« Reply #227 on: October 01, 2013, 06:46:01 PM »
Yea I don't think Peyton was the worst character on the show, she was just my least fav of the original and core characters. I'm weird when it comes to character. I don't believe I have to love all of them. I have to enjoy watching them to like them. And if they mess with my faves, they have to be super entertaining for me to like them. My faves were Brooke, Nathan and Haley. Peyton messed with all 3 and bored me to tears so I couldn't stand her. But there were characters I disliked more. I hated Quinn because she annoyed me so much. In contrast, no one was as awful to Nathan and Naley as Dan during the early years but he was so entertaining that I loved to hate him. Its all about preference. I get why some may like Peyton, even though I don't. I just hate when people gloss over the misbehavior of their fave but then are overly critical of others.

Brooke was a straight up bitch and horrible friend to Peyton. I hate BP friendship because I never understood it. They were both extremely selfish. The only friendship/relationship of Peyton's I like was Jake. I love Brooke but going after Luke in S1 was grimy. Her attitude towards Peyton in S4 was awful too. Peyton's mothers should have been off limits.

Nathan was a jerk in S1. Peyton deserved a better bf. Luke didn't deserve his wrath either. Even though I found Nathan to be  a gorgeous and amazing character I have on issue saying her was wrong. I don't go and blame Dan for the way Nathan chose to treat people (that is the issue I have with the Peyton defense, its never her fault). He was selfish in S3 to make Haley give up her dream or lose him. His lies in s4-s5 and mistreatment of Haley in S5 were inexcusable even though he did mean well.

Haley is my absolute fave, but she's not perfect and is no angel. Her selfishness and kissing Chris in s2 was wrong. Period. Regardless of Nathan's ultimatum, she had no right to treat him the way she did. Even though she was depressed and didn't realize her behavior in S7, she is still 100% responsible for how it made her family feel, how she treated her son and husband. 

Offline laffertyjoy

« Reply #228 on: October 01, 2013, 10:08:31 PM »
he saw the girls laughing and saying to Haley "do you have a problem?" he was just sitting watching the next table! he observed, by his expression he didn't like to see the girls doing that but he said nothing about it to Haley when they was in their first detention because IMO I think he thought it was nothing, but when he heard rumors of the fight he was worried!

he might knew about Peyton, but he didn't do anything, but also might don't know about Peyton begin a bitchy! we can not assume anything about it.

yes, Quinn was REALLY annoying.

Even though she was depressed and didn't realize her behavior in S7, she is still 100% responsible for how it made her family feel, how she treated her son and husband. 
I totally disagree! she was not responsible to be treating like she was! she was sick! is the same as when you have a stomach infection, you can not avoid vomiting (I know that this example was stupid but it was the only one I can think of)

she could not control her emotions, when you are depressed you can't think about other people or if they are being affected by your behavior! is selfishness? yes! but depression is selfish! so I do not think she was nothing but sick!

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
« Reply #229 on: October 01, 2013, 10:56:25 PM »
I think it is a fine analogy. You can't control vomiting but at the end of the day you still have a mess to clean up. You didn't purposefully vomit but you can't change the fact that you did. I don't think  it was Haley's fault, my point is that she hurt them, even though it wasn't her intention. I am not saying that she had control over actions, I'm saying that she hurt her family. She didn't want to, but she did and she does bare some of that. She even felt guilty.  I do admit my wording is wrong. I don't mean that its all her fault. I just mean that she did cause them pain