Author Topic: Rumored abortion storyline  (Read 5916 times)

Offline trinalynne

• Posting 24/7
  • ♥ 7.7.05 ♥
Re: Rumored abortion storyline
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2012, 06:29:59 PM »
Look, there's no right or wrong/black or white answer here...it's all about preference and personal opinion.  Abortion is very controversial and no matter what, there are always going to be opposing sides.

I know, and I know we have a lot of opposing views on social issues, but it can be very difficult to bite my tongue (or typing fingers in this case?) on subjects such as these because they're so deep and I have such strong opinions about these big topics as do others. I do try my best though, but I'll try a little harder.

As for the respect thing, I guess for me, when I lose respect for someone, it makes me like them a little less, so maybe that's just not the case for you based on how you put it.

Anywaaays as usual, I will agree to disagree and move on...
♥ "In love with you completely"

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2012, 06:46:45 PM »
I don't understand, I'm highly against abortion but obviously not everyone feels that way so if my sister or my best friend decided to abort I wouldn't stop loving them. That'd be ridiculous. Would I be disappointed and lose respect for them? Yes but never stop loving them. That would never make me love them less.

But that's just me.

Anyway, back on Brooke. I would've lost respect for her. I did lose respect for her in season 4 anyway but at least she wasn't killing babies.

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2012, 10:00:30 PM »
Why would an "abortion" destroy a character? I still don't get why it's still so...taboo. It happens everyday and it doesn't make "girls" that do it monsters. Brooke, at that stage was FAR from ready to have a kid. I wish they would have went that way...speacially since from s5 on, all she wanted was to have a family, that would have been kinda ironic you know.

I'm glad they still did slipped something about abortion in 4x04 with Shelly.
Totally agree with this. I would've loved that storyline!
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''

Offline trinalynne

• Posting 24/7
  • ♥ 7.7.05 ♥
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2012, 11:06:45 PM »
I don't understand, I'm highly against abortion but obviously not everyone feels that way so if my sister or my best friend decided to abort I wouldn't stop loving them. That'd be ridiculous. Would I be disappointed and lose respect for them? Yes but never stop loving them. That would never make me love them less.

And again, that's where difference of opinion lies. To me, being disappointed in someone is different than losing respect for them. When I'm disappointed in someone, I get over it, while if I lose respect for them it's probably not coming back, so chances are I'm not going to be losing respect for someone that close to me, while I could be disappointed in them.
♥ "In love with you completely"

Offline Chassi

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2012, 11:22:26 PM »
It would have been interesting to see that storyline. I don't think fans would have hated Brooke. It would just be controversial but some tv shows have their moments with certain storylines that get criticized.
Also I don't agree abortion with at all but I don't judge those that do.

Offline RakeBoy191

• WriteIdeaProductions
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2012, 12:45:32 AM »
This would have been really interesting to see how this storyline would have affected the rest of the show, especially Brookes character.  Given the fact that season 5-8 dealt with her wanting children/a family so badly.

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2012, 06:27:54 AM »
And again, that's where difference of opinion lies. To me, being disappointed in someone is different than losing respect for them. When I'm disappointed in someone, I get over it, while if I lose respect for them it's probably not coming back, so chances are I'm not going to be losing respect for someone that close to me, while I could be disappointed in them.

Oh I didn't say being disappointed in someone and losing respect for them is the same thing. They aren't but both things would happen to me if someone I loved decided to have an abortion. What I was trying to say is that none of those things would make me love that someone any less.

Offline Jayy008

« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2012, 09:45:44 AM »
Sounds interesting.

I can't really decide on what I would have preferred. I can't imagine the show without Jamie.

However, the way Sophia acted through the scenes in the S3 finale I can imagine the abortion would have been a good storyline and helped S4 a little.

Offline MikeyP

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • Bryanna<3
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2012, 10:38:26 PM »
totally glad they didnt kill anybabys in the making of OTH. if they aborted it would they have to put that in a disclaimer? "no babies were murdered in the making of this episode"?

Offline Jerret

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • meow
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2012, 12:06:06 AM »
totally glad they didnt kill anybabys in the making of OTH. if they aborted it would they have to put that in a disclaimer? "no babies were murdered in the making of this episode"?

LOL.

Idk, with all of Brooke's wanting a baby talk in the last half of the series I think it would have made more sense with her having an abortion cause then maybe she would have regretted it and wanted a kid, cause her sudden want for a kid always seemed so random to me.

Offline MikeyP

• I'm a VIP!
  • Bryanna<3
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2012, 12:11:30 AM »
^sup playa/also makes sense what you said and what not. but what if sophia actually got preg by chad during that season and had to abort it then re-inact it on screen. then the whole life imitating art stuff might have gone to far. food for thought right... RIGHT

Offline Jerret

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • meow
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2012, 12:16:13 AM »
^sup playa/also makes sense what you said and what not. but what if sophia actually got preg by chad during that season and had to abort it then re-inact it on screen. then the whole life imitating art stuff might have gone to far. food for thought right... RIGHT

Haha as if there wasn't already enough drama on that set aha that would have been interesting tho.

Offline MikeyP

• I'm a VIP!
  • Bryanna<3
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2012, 12:18:56 AM »
They coulda did a straight up live episode special. the network wanted better ratings right. that stuff wouklda made the show like... huge. what could have been.

Offline Bryanna

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • MikeyP<3
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2012, 12:27:23 AM »
They coulda did a straight up live episode special. the network wanted better ratings right. that stuff wouklda made the show like... huge. what could have been.

WOOOOW. And you want to talk about people stealing your inappropriate jokes?

Offline MikeyP

• I'm a VIP!
  • Bryanna<3
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2012, 10:36:08 AM »
They are appropriate to me... to ME!!