Author Topic: Lucas's daydream in 601  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Nswift

Lucas's daydream in 601
« on: April 19, 2012, 09:09:18 PM »
I just got done watching  601 and I was wondering if someone can explain Lucas's daydream to me... Was it that A life with Brooke was too difficult, life with Lindsey too easy and life with Peyton was just right? Some one tell me what they think!

Offline Jerret

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • meow
Re: Lucas's daydream in 601
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 11:02:05 PM »
I thought the whole thing was kinda contrived for the fact that it took Luke having to compare all 3 of the girls to decide which one he wanted to be with.

That aside, all 3 of the depictions of the girls were off with the exception of Lindsey. It made Brooke out to be someone who wanted to be away from Tree Hill and was all about business when pretty much all of Seasons 6-9 shows the complete opposite. Then it shows LP in this light that makes it seem like they love their home and Tree Hill and they end up being the ones who leave Tree Hill. I don't know, the whole thing was bleh. I see what they were trying to do but it didn't work.

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 07:05:52 AM »

credit: chessandpoker.com

Offline Jayy008

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 04:12:01 PM »
I thought the whole thing was kinda contrived for the fact that it took Luke having to compare all 3 of the girls to decide which one he wanted to be with.

That aside, all 3 of the depictions of the girls were off with the exception of Lindsey. It made Brooke out to be someone who wanted to be away from Tree Hill and was all about business when pretty much all of Seasons 6-9 shows the complete opposite. Then it shows LP in this light that makes it seem like they love their home and Tree Hill and they end up being the ones who leave Tree Hill. I don't know, the whole thing was bleh. I see what they were trying to do but it didn't work.

I couldn't agree more with this.

They make out like if he ended up with Brooke then Brucas would be living in NYC. But instead it would have been the opposite.

Offline StarlightSweetie

• I'm a VIP!
  • ♥L&P♥ True love never ends ♡
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 05:54:00 PM »
IMHO the fact that Brooke was a choice didn't even make any sense in the first place.  It was just so random.

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 06:54:58 AM »
IMHO the fact that Brooke was a choice didn't even make any sense in the first place.  It was just so random.

Lies! This was a sign BL were destined to be togedah!

Offline Sara

• dodger716
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 05:57:34 PM »
For a split second I thought it was a nice concept.  Several fanbases could get a taste of married life for their couple, since it obviously can't happen for all of them.  But...

a) Obviously they were inaccurate.  Especially on BL's which pissed me off.  Yeah...Peyon said she didn't care if she ever went back to Tree Hill itself, she just came back for Lucas.  Brooke came home to be home, and continues to fight with Julian because he doesn't understand what Tree Hill is for her.  Lucas very well knew by that point that Brooke was looking to settle down and have a family over work being a priority.  But no, sure...Brooke is the one who would have Lucas living on the road and missing out on Jamie's life.  Yeah.  And clearly a year later LP were settled, living a quiet life in Tree Hill together with their families.  It's so ironic.  They should've let BL stay home and Julian and Peyton run off together if they were really gonna go off the "Tree Hill is home/family" versus "I don't understand, my career is in LA and all it's missing is you" aspects.

b) It became clear that they didn't care about actually showing the couples as they would be, or even how Lucas with half a brain would see them, so then what was it about?  Cliffhangers.  From the 5x18 proposal including all three girls to starting the episode off with BL as a mislead was cheap.

c) The concept is so not romantic.  If I follow the timeline right, Lucas was looking to get out of town and blow off steam.  He almost just married someone, and had barely even made amends enough to call himself friends with Peyton or Lindsey.  Then he has this dream where he’s still not sure who he loves in the first place.  The way to decide is like Goldilocks and the Three Bears-too hot, too cold, just right.  Good, he has made an insta-decision from this very reliable dream.  Time to propose over the phone and get hitched in Vegas!  I know with LP they played it off like “love conquers all” or something, but what can I say, I like buildup to an important decision like proposing.

So now it just serves as a reminder of the irony this show became.