Author Topic: Haley's role in the LP wedding  (Read 2417 times)

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
Haley's role in the LP wedding
« on: April 19, 2012, 05:56:56 PM »
I know that obviously it worked out SO well that Haley was able to be the minister for LP (I found it so funny - she was the best minister they could have asked for and it was such an amazing scene all round) but does anyone think it was a shame/kind of weird that at first Peyton didn't even consider Haley to be a bridesmaid? I mean, Peyton was a bridesmaid for Haley's wedding and I just think if the minister hadn't of dropped out at the last minute, Haley wouldn't really have had a part in the wedding, which is a shame considering PH are such good friends!

NickJess

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
Re: Haley's role in the LP wedding
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 06:14:15 PM »
I have no doubts Haley would've been a bridesmaid if she hadn't been the minister, something that was probably fixed for a while on the writers room and they didn't even think about giving us hints that she could've been a bridesmaid. We never really got anything else regarding that so who knows? Peyton could have invited her and she could've dropped out when she found out she was going to be the minister. All could've happened off-screen.

Offline gophergirl21

• There Is No Finish Line
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 06:18:38 PM »
I always wondered if Haley was supposed to be a bridesmaid before she was made the minister. Then that thought leads me to wondering who the second groomsman would have been.
Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Perform in the present.

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 06:44:20 PM »
Peyton could have invited her and she could've dropped out when she found out she was going to be the minister. All could've happened off-screen.

That's kind of what I thought, but I don't know... just seems like she'd mention it to Lucas after he made her the minister. It would have been nice for her to say 'But I'm Peyton's bridesmaid!' or something and him to say 'Not anymore!' or something like that. But oh well :)

Then that thought leads me to wondering who the second groomsman would have been.

Are you from America? Sorry if this question is a little silly, I'm just genuinely wondering, (because I'm from the UK) do you always have to have the same number of groomsmen as bridesmaids? We don't, here in the UK.

If that was the case though, I would have LOVED it to have been Skills, since him and Lucas had been close friends for ages!

NickJess

Offline princesssoccer90

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Lathan Award 2013
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2012, 10:34:15 PM »
Yeah I think maybe she would have been if they didn't put her as the minister, but I think since the writers wanted her to be they didn't give us anything about her being a bridesmaid, which would be weird if she wasn't...

I don't think we (USA) have to have the same # of bridesmaids as groomsmen,
but it just works out better if you do so everyone gets someone to walk with....I think...LOL
I'm not married, but I have been to some weddings...so I don't know if this is right or not...LOL

Naley and Leyton-OTH December MOM 2012

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 12:01:51 PM »
I think Haley would have been a bridesmaid if the minister didn't drop out. But it really doesn't matter whether of not Haley was asked to be in Peyton's wedding. Just because Peyton was a bridesmaid for Haley and they're good friends doesn't mean they automatically get a spot in the wedding party. Some people don't want more than just 1 person.

Offline Liz

• Forums Manager
  • Posting 24/7
  • SophiaJamesScott
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 12:12:40 PM »
I add to it to the number of disappointments that LP's wedding had. I thought it should have been so much more epic, since they had planted the LP seed from the pilot. They were such a huge couple and the wedding was just blah. Lucas had so many close friends, Mouth, Skillz, Fergie, Junk..etc that could have been groomsmen and Brooke and Haley would have been Peyton's. I didn't even really like that Haley was the minister. It was just weird. Although, I liked what she said, I still would have liked her to be a bridesmaid.

I dont' think they ever even alluded to the idea of Haley as a bridesmaid. Which was very odd. Especially since Haley had always been an LP fan.

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 05:45:13 PM »
If anything else, she should have been Lucas' "best man" and Nathan just a groomsmen.  :D

I had the same thought! That would have been cute :)

NickJess

Offline SmartGurl07

• Happy
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 11:21:09 AM »
I agree I would love the idea Haley been Lucas best man since they have been through so much I could've see Lucas asked her to do that.

Offline myyOTHfan.

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 01:53:17 PM »
I loved Haley being the minister! It was perfect. I did like how everyone was involved in a special way like this. It would've been a shame if one of their friends couldn't be.
I really loved that Lucas/Haley scene were Lucas came with the idea, so cute! :D I think the wedding was just perfect. And Haley was so funny with not knowing what to say and beginning with lyrics from Poison or something. :P Really loved it!

Nick & Simon! 11-10-2013♥♥♥

Offline chadbethanyjoyfan

• yes
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2012, 01:04:18 PM »
i love the leyton wedding im a die hard fan of them, and haley was really funny the only people that laugh are lucas and nathan. i did wish that haley was the "best man" that been ao cute and nathan would be the other best man