Author Topic: Is Dan scott better good or bad ?  (Read 6397 times)

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
Re: Is Dan scott better good or bad ?
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 05:53:22 AM »
Why are people surprised with olimix's post? If Dan was Brooke's father and seeked redemption, he would've been great. Isn't that obvious? Just laugh at it and ignore it, people.

I loved badass Dan (S1-S4). Then he was boring from S5 to S8 because he basically did the same thing for 3 years staright without any development. Just the "I've killed my brother but I love my family". "When Keith died, you died" thing. It was boring. But in S9 we got a mix of badass Dan and good Dan which made him awesome but my favourite Dan Scott was the one from S1 to S3/S4. Dan Scott vintage.

Offline DJ

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2012, 10:28:47 AM »
Why are people surprised with olimix's post? If Dan was Brooke's father and seeked redemption, he would've been great. Isn't that obvious? Just laugh at it and ignore it, people.

I loved badass Dan (S1-S4). Then he was boring from S5 to S8 because he basically did the same thing for 3 years staright without any development. Just the "I've killed my brother but I love my family". "When Keith died, you died" thing. It was boring. But in S9 we got a mix of badass Dan and good Dan which made him awesome but my favourite Dan Scott was the one from S1 to S3/S4. Dan Scott vintage.

Totally agree with this!  Loved to hate Dan in the early seasons, and loved trying to figure him out when he showed a better side (occasionally).

And I really thought about ignoring that comment about loving Dan dead, and I considered the source.  But this time, I just thought it was over the top.  Sometimes, people should be told they're being rude, even if it's about a character on TV, not a real person.

Offline myyOTHfan.

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2012, 12:46:22 PM »
Good of course. I don't like him at all when he's bad, I can at least try to like him in some moments when he's good. But only in S9 there were some moments where I liked him.
In S1-4 and more I could just easily flash forward all of his scenes, I could do without Dan.

Nick & Simon! 11-10-2013♥♥♥

Offline John

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2012, 12:58:28 PM »
Totally agree with this!  Loved to hate Dan in the early seasons, and loved trying to figure him out when he showed a better side (occasionally).

And I really thought about ignoring that comment about loving Dan dead, and I considered the source.  But this time, I just thought it was over the top.  Sometimes, people should be told they're being rude, even if it's about a character on TV, not a real person.

Don't worry about it, it's just the "dish everything that's not Brooke and/or Julian related chip" talking.

One of the things I loved about Dan in the earlier seasons was his boldness. He said everything he wanted to say to everyone he wanted to say it to. I like that even though most of the time those things he had to say were awful.

Offline iloveny-x

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2012, 01:37:10 PM »

Agree completely. Dan gave so much drama to the show in the first few seasons and I have always loved his dynamic with Nathan whether they were in a good place or not. Always interesting to see. Every show needs a villain and Dan was the one everyone loved to hate.

Offline Letthegoodtimesroll

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • B-Rok<3
    • http://twitter.com/KWilly714
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2012, 12:33:23 PM »
One Tree Hill has a habit of making villans turn into good guys. The only one they never really changed that much was my favorite Rachel. I guess I liked when Dan was bad because it  gave us someone to hate. He was horrible and it was awesome. When he was an a$$ to Deb that stuff was hilarious. So yeah I prefer season 1-4 more than his later seasons.

Nate&Serena<3

Offline Jerret

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • meow
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2012, 12:41:12 PM »
Dan has always been the character on the show that I loved to hate, which we got a lot of in the first 4 seasons. 5-8, with the exception of S7 sucked for him...I loved the whole Rachel thing. I really liked S9 for him though because there was a good balance between the old Dan was used to know and kind-hearted Dan, so it all tied in well.

Offline Danfan23

• I Will Love One Tree Hill Always & Forever......
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2012, 06:24:51 PM »
Don't worry about it, it's just the "dish everything that's not Brooke and/or Julian related chip" talking.

One of the things I loved about Dan in the earlier seasons was his boldness. He said everything he wanted to say to everyone he wanted to say it to. I like that even though most of the time those things he had to say were awful.

Ha ha you just helped me realize another reason why I loved his character. He really does say what he thinks. And he used to say it with such a dramatic drawl you couldn't help but laugh at. And what said was awful but so funny.

Dan to Nathan : "Ah yes how is Hades"
Dan to Haley : " I came all the way up here because I want your autograph" (Hand her the annulment papers with a smug smile)

His smugness just always made me lol

Offline lizzie

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2012, 11:07:29 PM »
I think he was the best in seasons 1 - 3. He's the best being bad.

Offline Chris

• Senior VIP. 11 years and counting.
    • The Underlined
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2012, 12:41:05 AM »
I liked both. I loved him as a villain in 1-3. I loved his mini-redemption arc, while still trying to hide his secret, in s4 before everyone knew what happened. I also liked the whole "is he bad or good?" thing happening in season 5, especially in "Hundred," when he threatened Carrie. A lot of season 6 was a joke, minus his relationship with Jamie. 6.01-6.05 was pathetic, as was the heart-eating dog. Season 7, i liked his whole fake redemption arc as the tv host. It was something I never saw coming. We got ONE episode with him in s8, and it was basically Nathan doing the whole "you're dead to me" bit one more time. And season 9 exploded his character, and i loved every single episode he was in.

Offline Linzy

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 04:50:18 PM »
I hated him when he was bad, and loved him when he was good. But I'm always like that = hates the bad ones and loves the good ones.
I almost cried like a baby in his last episode in season 9 though...  :(

Offline gellerbing

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2012, 05:12:51 PM »
when he was bad i hated him, when he was trying to be good i hated him as i never forgave him for killing keith and kept wishing he would die already, but then when he did i cried my eyes out so i guess in reality i just loved to hate him :laugh:

Offline justafan

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2012, 03:31:29 AM »
I never really got the good guy retrospective out of him until late Season 9 when he really had atoned for his sins and Keith came to get him.  I just always saw him as the bad guy who tried so hard to be good but had more fun messing with people's lives around him.

he had a quote in Season 2 stating "somewhere along the lines I started to hurt the people I care about the most and I haven't figured out a way to stop" or something like that.  And I've kept that idea in my head for as long as Dan Scott was on my screen.  I never felt for him because there was always that 'thing' that would kick in and there Dan would go making things possible to hurt others.  But in the end, I feel that he finally got his justice.  We finally got the explanation six years in the making of why Dan killed Keith, what would serve the purpose of killing his own brother?

As I don't feel that Dan should be forgiven for killing Keith, but there's just that level of understanding the man that Dan was and that Dan had become in the end.  We all do things in spite of how we feel, but are we serving our own emotion or are we being invaluable to someone elses?

Offline onehotscott23

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2012, 02:47:32 PM »
I hated Dan for the way he treated Lucas, Karen, Nathan and for killing Keith.  But I loved badass Dan Scott protecting his family.  >:D

Offline emmajaynex

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2012, 11:22:51 AM »
He`s better good, I couldn`t stand him bad. The last few episodes of season nine had me in tears, I saw such a better side of his character which was a total suprise & really good to see  :)