Author Topic: Best and worst  (Read 5966 times)

Offline cyke

Best and worst
« on: April 10, 2012, 12:24:01 PM »
Alright now that the season and series is over, what are your best and worst episodes for season 9

For me:

Best: 9x11, everything with naley, keith, dan one of the best episode of the season and one of the best of the series

Honorable mentions: 9x07 for lucas/haley and clay/logan and 9x08, haley stole the show and of course 9x13

Worst: 9x12 .. Quite possible one of the worst of the series

Overall much better than s8 and maybe even s7.

Offline olimix57

Re: Best and worst
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 12:38:56 PM »
I don't know about the worst episode of season 9 because as a whole I didn't think this season was strong but the best was definitely 9x12. I LOVED this episode.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 12:41:42 PM »
God, that's a hard one. I really fell in love with S9. It started out quite slow ( the first 3 episodes ), but after that I really got into it. But I guess 9x08, 9x11, 9x12 + 9x13 mark my favorites. I loved how Brooke got her happy ending with her parents in 9x12 and I thought she deserved an episode like that, and it got a special touch as Sophia herself directed it. And the other episodes...it felt so Haley/Nathan/Scott centric, and I loved every part of it. Joy nailed this season and I really think this is her best season so far. I loved the Xavier story-line, as it was pretty realistic that he came back ; and I loved to see Clay/Quinn deal with Logan. Every story-line this season...perfect. I mean...even Chase/Chuck got an exciting SL this year! I could have lived with a bit less Chris/Chase, especially in the finale, but other than that...kind of perfect. Seeing Lucas again...more Peyton/Lucas mentions or Karen/Whitey mentions. Everything came full circle this season and I loved every bit of it.

Offline gophergirl21

• There Is No Finish Line
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 12:44:48 PM »
Best: 9x11 in a landslide
Runner-up: 9x13 since it was the finale and gave us great NH.

Worst: 9x12 no question. I couldn't even force myself to watch the whole thing.
Learn from the past. Prepare for the future. Perform in the present.

Offline Jerret

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • meow
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 01:05:18 PM »
The best: 9x11 hands down. That was one of the best of the series even. 9x07 was awesome with having Luke back, and I loved all the Clay/Quinn/Logan stuff in 9x08 as well the Haley stuff and Deb returning. The finale of course was amazing too.

There wasn't any episodes this season that I disliked, but if I had to pick one I guess I'd go with 9x09. Other than the Haley and Dan stuff it was pretty slow.

Offline Krystal

• IntheMoon
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • long live. ♫
    • tumblr
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 01:53:51 PM »
Best: 9x08, 9x11, 9x13
Clay/Quinn/Logan - They've been my favourite part of the season! Logan is adorable and I think the storyline was handled really well and Rob and Shantel both did a great job with it.
Julian leaving Davis in the car - Again, I think this storyline was done well and it was nice to see a different side to Julian, and some drama between Brooke/Julian that didn't revolve around another guy or girl.
9x11 - It was just perfect as a whole imo. I loved that Dan got redemption from Keith and the Naley reunion was really great.
Bitchy Brooke - I loved seeing this side to her again! It reminded me of the high school seasons.
Music - The music is always great, but it was awesome seeing Gavin DeGraw in the finale again.

Worst: I don't really know. There hasn't been an episode where I haven't liked at least one storyline. I didn't really like the Chris/Chase scenes at the strip clubs though.
Twinterns - So pointless. And no offence to the girls that played them, but they're either terrible actresses or they were written really poorly. Everything they said was so monotonous.

There is only One T r e e Hill.

Offline BJGfan

• Simply Stunning
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 01:56:39 PM »
Best: All of these listed exclude Brulian and Chase and Clinn
9x03, 9x05, 9x08, 9x11

Worst:
9x12-quite possibly worst episode of the whole series

All the others were mediocre.

Paley--they're a team!

Offline Chassi

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 02:06:02 PM »
Best: 9x11 exceeded my expectations perfect I LOVED the Naley reunion Dan/Keith and Dan with the kids.  Perfection.

Worst: obviously 9x12 so pointless

Offline Chassi

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 02:09:21 PM »
Best: Oh forgot 9x13 I liked the Naley rain kiss and dinner. I have waited so long for something like this to happen for them.
The episode was good overall but the music was too much.

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
  • God kissed the earth once...where Germany is now!
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 02:15:00 PM »
Not easy....

I know a person who really got on my nerves by just being there and that was Jamie...I dunno...I wasn't able to warm up to him anymore during the last two seasons and that's a shame because I used to love him.I'm more than glad that he wasn't really shown in the finale (during the time-jump).Who would've wanted to see how he beat his fathers basketball record,probably became class valerdictorian and got drafted to the NBA right out of High-School? :D :D :D I certainly don't.

But other than that...every episode had its up and downs in my POV! :)

Offline Chassi

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 02:16:20 PM »
Haha last one I promise Logan and Clinn were perfect as well. They stole my heart.

Offline Craigster

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 02:30:18 PM »
I think this season had some of the ''highest highs'' the show's had in the adult years, namely thanks to 9x11. That is my favorite episode BY FAR this season and one of my favorite episodes of all time. Other good eps: 9x08 (Haley's monologue made the episode for me, I didn't really care for the other storylines tbh), 9x07 (LH <3) 9x10 (The Nathan/Dan scenes were awesome) and 9x13.

Worst ep by far: 9x12. Honorable mentions: 9x03, 9x04, 9x09.

Ok season overall I guess, but there were SO many pointless/ridiculous storylines and characters that I just really didn't care for.

Offline kayleighOTHfan23

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 02:58:00 PM »
Best: 9x11. 9x06, 9x07, 9x08, 9x10 and 9x13 were all great overall episodes too. Well I liked all the episodes but those ones specifically I really enjoyed.

Worst: 9x03. I just remember not really enjoying it when it first aired with the Tara stuff and Jamie's class on a school trip to Julian's sound stage and the Mouth and Millie fat storyline. The episode had good stuff too but yeah. Wasn't overly impressed with 9x12 either, mainly because it was the penultimate episode that included Burning Boat and Nathan wasn't even there and Haley barely did anything interesting. That's not even being said as an NH fan, but just the fact that two of the core three weren't/were barely present in quite an important ep, especially one that had a throwback to the beginning of their relationship. And one that came straight after his return after she thought he might be dead. And one right after his dad, who he had issues with for years, died. Yeah, make that be one of the episodes James misses... ??? I didn't mind the focus on Brooke's family but the focus on Julian's TV show annoyed/bored me. And the Kylie morning show ~storyline was boring and pointless... I did laugh at some of her lines but it really was pointless. Loved the CQ in that ep though.

Offline CaptainAwesome

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2012, 03:41:50 PM »
9x12 was a disaster

the Finale and 9x11 are obviously my top two

if I had to choose one, it would be 9x11 though, cause it was very emotional to watch
the Series Finale was too, but in a different way, the finale was happy/closure

9x11 had a bunch of quick flashbacks and was the end of Dan Scott, who we've been watching for almost 10 years now, so it was pretty huge

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2012, 04:54:23 PM »
Best : 9.11, hands down!! One of my favorites of the entire series
Worst : I really don't know, I really liked this season, but probably one of the first three episodes, they were kind of slow
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''