Author Topic: What they did with LP in the end  (Read 4117 times)

Offline giokn90

Re: What they with LP in the end
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 04:08:45 PM »
Actually, both characters already left Tree Hill once, they came back for different reasons that both resolved during the seasons.
So, i think that leaving, for both characters, isn't way out of character.
It would be better if they stayed, of course.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 04:13:28 PM »
I don't see how it's weird that Peyton opened a business to leave 1 year later. A lot can happen in 1 year ( maybe even longer as Tree Hill time is complicated ). People move. That's realistic. Even people with businesses I guess :)

Offline rrios912

« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 04:30:59 PM »
^No one's arguing that people don't move. They're arguing that it's odd that Lucas and Peyton would just cut off all contact with their friends. And yes, we do know this thanks to 9x07.

And yes, people with businesses move, but that's usually because the business is moving, expanding, or failing. Peyton's company did none of those things before she left. In fact, it almost failed because she ditched it. As hard as she worked for it and as much money as Brooke put up for her to start the label, it just seems irresponsible and frankly kind of stupid that Peyton would just pick up and leave it.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 04:35:30 PM »
^No one's arguing that people don't move. They're arguing that it's odd that Lucas and Peyton would just cut off all contact with their friends. And yes, we do know this thanks to 9x07.

And yes, people with businesses move, but that's usually because the business is moving, expanding, or failing. Peyton's company did none of those things before she left. In fact, it almost failed because she ditched it. As hard as she worked for it and as much money as Brooke put up for her to start the label, it just seems irresponsible and frankly kind of stupid that Peyton would just pick up and leave it.

It's weird, yes. It's stupid yes. But guess what...people mess up :) Peyton does too. She needed a change of scenery I guess ( ofcourse the off-set contract issues were the main reason ).

I don't think that it's stupid of Lucas / Peyton to lose contact with their friends. Don't forget there was a time jump of 18 months between S6 and S7. That's plenty of time for some friendships to change. Distant changes things. To me, imo, that is realistic.

And I don't even think these friendships were crashed completely. They just changed. They are still friends and will always be there for eachother....but L/P build a life somewhere else :)

But I guess I understand your opinion aswell :)

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2012, 11:28:56 AM »
Yes, we've already established the fact that people move. But people who recently opened up a business (between the time Peyton came back to TH and got knocked up couldn't have been longer than a year and a half) don't just dump their business on a friend and sail the world. Sorry, that part is not realistic.

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 06:55:25 AM »
Yes, we've already established the fact that people move. But people who recently opened up a business (between the time Peyton came back to TH and got knocked up couldn't have been longer than a year and a half) don't just dump their business on a friend and sail the world. Sorry, that part is not realistic.

Then let's just agree to disagree :)

Offline chadbethanyjoyfan

• yes
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 01:06:34 PM »
i wish that lucas and peyton stay the show would be so different like clay and quinn would still be the cride but not really forced that much but core 5

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
Re: What they did with LP in the end
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2012, 10:39:02 AM »
Jerret, I edited the topic title and added "did" in there, it was bothering me, lol!!!

I just wish LP never left,  I get why they did, gotta live their lives that Chad Michael Murray and Hilarie Burton, but damn, I just wish they were there til the end.

Although I do agree with my above statement, if Peyton would've died having the baby and Lucas stayed in Tree Hill and had everyone to help him through with raising Sawyer and grieving Peyton, I think that could've been good to watch.

Though I am glad neither died, I don't know how I would've handled a Peyton death, or any of the core 5 for that matter.

Like in 9x10 (I think) when the kidnapper supposedly shot Nathan in the chair, I almost DIED for a split second before I realized that couldn't have been Nathan, lol!!

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2012, 04:03:02 PM »
I adored Peyton without Lucas LOL. So I didn't care about them as a couple in the finale season :D

Offline NiceLegsNiceHands

• If love is an ocean, we're all sinking...
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2013, 08:11:09 PM »
I would have been livid if they had killed of Peyton in the S6 finale, considering CMM wanted to leave, Lucas wouldn't have stayed around OTH to get help with raising Sawyer. He would have most likely left with Karen, but that would have been a huge stab in the gut to LP fans, granted Blers would've loved it, but I don't think killing off Peyton in the end would have been a smart decision or would have added anything to the show considering both were leaving and there would have been no real closure. No reason to have a huge cliffhanger at the end to not go anywhere with it. It's a good thing we are not the writers of this show, because as bad as Mark Schwahn can be, we'd be much worse.
"We're circling each other like Venezuelan flamingoes engaged in a complex mating dance."
-Ed and Carol, destine to be together.