Author Topic: What they did with LP in the end  (Read 4116 times)

Offline Jerret

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • meow
What they did with LP in the end
« on: April 08, 2012, 07:56:23 PM »
It would have been different had either Chad or Hilarie stayed on the show, but since both of them left do even of you wish they had maybe killed Peyton off since she had that storyline with the high risk pregnancy? It just would have been more realistic imo. Lucas would have moved away because he was heart broken and it just would have made more sense I guess. What do yall think?
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:32:40 AM by Mary »

Offline Bec09

Re: What they with LP in the end
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2012, 11:04:58 PM »
I think the LP fans definitely deserved a happy ending. But personally, I would have loved a tragic ending for their love story, especially since the characters weren't coming back anyway, and I've alway seen their relationship in that sort of light. Plus, I think the ending they gave them was kind of lame, and predictable considering everything they had been through.

But like I said, I'm sure some would say that after all of the crap that has happened to the two of them, they deserve to ride off into the sunset together, even if it makes me cringe. lol

I guess it's really a coin toss for me, but I definitely see your point :)
"To imagine- to dream of things that have not happened is one of man's deepest needs." -Milan Kundera

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 06:42:30 AM »
Lucas and Peyton already went throught so much that I was happy they got their happy ending. And I don't think it'd be fair to Leyton fans to give them an ending like that. They're finally together, with a kid, without any problems, and they are building their own life somewhere else. I like that. They will always be connected with Tree Hill and thereby with Nathan/Haley/Brooke, but such connections changes. Anyway...I love how they handled their exit. I would have loved to see a ''goodbye'' scene, in which they say goodbye to their friends ; but that's an entire different topic.

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 11:49:35 AM »
It would have been different had either Chad or Hilarie stayed on the show, but since both of them left do even of you wish they had maybe killed Peyton off since she had that storyline with the high risk pregnancy? It just would have been more realistic imo. Lucas would have moved away because he was heart broken and it just would have made more sense I guess. What do yall think?
A part of me really wished that. That would've been a REALLY good explanation for them to left and everything, but it wouldn't have been faire towards LP fans. Another explanation I thought was that Sawyer died. Both think too much about her in TH so they decide to leave. That would've been a good explanation and in season 7, Haley could've said something like : Peyton's pregnant, they're pretty happy, bla bla bla
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''

Offline rrios912

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 05:45:57 PM »
I wish it would have ended that way just for the sake of the characters. It makes them look kind of awful that they've missed so much in their "best friends"' lives. It makes me find the Peyton/Brooke friendship even more unbelievable than I already did when I watch the old episodes.

And it honestly could have made these last three seasons a ton better, at least from Brooke's side. Instead of even more insecurity with Julian, we could have seen the much more interesting scenario of her dealing with losing her friend. And Brooke's nostalgia in the finale would have been a lot more meaningful.

But I get why LP fans would have felt cheated.

Offline Sara

• dodger716
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 07:25:05 PM »
I wish they had killed someone off.  Given I'm not an LP fan ~believe it or not, *wink wink* to the secret LP fan award~ but just a fan of Lucas as a character and Peyton as a character.  And THAT is what's been ruined since they left.  Their characters and their relationships with everyone else in the core 5.  The parts I actually cared about.  Plus I really don't care about overly cliche, happy endings.  Personally I would've rather had an ending that would prove to be a realistic reason Lucas left and never came back. 

But if I'm honest I would've complained about that too.  He could've raised Sawyer alone in Tree Hill with his friends as family, similar to how Karen did.  If they'd surprised us and somehow killed Lucas off, Peyton would've been more believable to leave, as she never really expressed wanting to go back to Tree Hill or it being home for her.  If I remember right she came back totally for Lucas alone.  Or they could've killed both off and let Brooke adopt and raise Sawyer.  The bottom line is in some ways I'd rather have them dead than integrity ruined.

Offline Craigster

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, 07:56:47 PM »
I wish they had killed someone off.  Given I'm not an LP fan ~believe it or not, *wink wink* to the secret LP fan award~ but just a fan of Lucas as a character and Peyton as a character.  And THAT is what's been ruined since they left.  Their characters and their relationships with everyone else in the core 5.  The parts I actually cared about.  Plus I really don't care about overly cliche, happy endings.  Personally I would've rather had an ending that would prove to be a realistic reason Lucas left and never came back. 

But if I'm honest I would've complained about that too.  He could've raised Sawyer alone in Tree Hill with his friends as family, similar to how Karen did.  If they'd surprised us and somehow killed Lucas off, Peyton would've been more believable to leave, as she never really expressed wanting to go back to Tree Hill or it being home for her.  If I remember right she came back totally for Lucas alone.  Or they could've killed both off and let Brooke adopt and raise Sawyer.  The bottom line is in some ways I'd rather have them dead than integrity ruined.

We really do think alike. I agree with pretty much everything.

I'm sure when LP left in season 6, if they had come up with that storyline, I would've hated it because that would've meant no chance for a core 5 reunion. But seeing how they've dealt with all the core 5 relationships since LP's departure (one thing I will forever be bitter about, ugh), and the fact that no core 5 closure actually happened after season 6, I wouldn't have minded this storyline at all.

Offline princesssoccer90

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • Lathan Award 2013
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 08:28:29 PM »
I loved that Leyton got a happy ending and glad they did...I was sad that they weren't on the show anymore and think that they could have at least mentioned them visiting sometimes, with out them actually being there, but I would have hated if someone died...they deserved a happy ending!!!

Naley and Leyton-OTH December MOM 2012

Offline Destined4Greatness

• All you need is one.
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2012, 10:06:25 PM »
Um no. It's not LP's fault the writers can't write them ~away right. Us the fans could have written better material for their absence than they did. And me personally as a LPer don't think it would be fair to have one of them or both die just to please the other core 3. And if they would have killed them off or whatever, they still wouldn't even write that right just because of the bitterness from behind the scenes. Even Chad's return was okay but nothing spectacular. So yeah, no thanks.

And as a Peyton fan and watching her going through all kinds of sht, she deserve her happy ending just like the rest of the core. I will always take that over the bullsht writing they did for s7-s9. But lol I'm sure most would have loved for her to die though.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 10:19:49 PM by Destined4Greatness »

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 06:27:51 AM »
Personally I don't understand how L/P leaving to build a new life together, isn't a realistic reason? It happens all the time. Some best friends....move away later in life. They will always be friends. Maybe even best friends ( we saw that when Lucas returned for Haley ), but they have their own life now...somewhere else, together. I get why people wanted to see their return, but personally I think their exit was handled in a proper way. A realistic way. I'm sad we never saw any goodbye scenes or something, but that's it. Wether people like it or not...distant changes friendships/relationships. If you move..you make new connections/friends, and with L/P...they have their own family now. They will always be contacted with Tree Hill....and they will always share A LOT with the remaining Tree Hill core 3, but they also have their own life. And I love that. I love that they got their happy ending. Leyton fans deserved that, imo. It already sucks for them to have L/P exit the show...and then people just want to let them die ( or one of them ) in sake of the other characters? That's not fair.

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2012, 04:37:14 PM »
Personally I don't understand how L/P leaving to build a new life together, isn't a realistic reason?
Well to me, it's just NOT realistic at all that Lucas would leave Tree Hill. He always loved the place and I really imagined that he would want to raise his kids there..
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''

Offline rrios912

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2012, 04:56:34 PM »
Well to me, it's just NOT realistic at all that Lucas would leave Tree Hill. He always loved the place and I really imagined that he would want to raise his kids there..

I agree. Every character on this show has fought really hard to build their life specifically in this town. And they would have wanted their friends to be in Sawyer's life as well. To me personally, it diminishes the characters a bit to go from them spending so much time with their friends and family to not even picking up the phone to call.

And I dont wish Peyton had died because it would be better for the other characters. I wish it had happened because it would have preserved the integrity of her character more. Again, this is just my opinion. Peyton is one of my favorite characters and if the show had ended in season 6, I might think differently.

Offline bethy10

• Posting Freak
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2012, 06:27:13 PM »
Realistically people move away from their home towns. The only problem is that Peyton opened a BUSINESS a year ago in the town she moved away from. Most people who opened their own business/record company don't just hand it over to a friend and go sail the world when they're not even at the age of retirement yet. LOL.

IMO LP had such a great love story that was also really tragic at the same time that I think it would have been fitting to end their story tragically with Peyton dying. It also wouldn't have made her pregnancy storyline so freaking lame, too. Besides if Peyton had died Mark wouldn't have butchered BP's friendship every chance he got to prop BH. At least with Peyton dead, they'd be more respectful of her memory.

Offline Charl18

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 03:20:38 PM »
Realistically people move away from their home towns. The only problem is that Peyton opened a BUSINESS a year ago in the town she moved away from. Most people who opened their own business/record company don't just hand it over to a friend and go sail the world when they're not even at the age of retirement yet. LOL.

I agree with this. People do move away, a lot of people don't stay in their home town. But I always thought it was random because she had a business in Tree Hill.

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 03:42:33 PM »
I don't think I would've rather had LP die, maybe if one of them did and the other didn't leave the show so we could see how they dealt with it, had allt heir friends there to help, haley, Brooke, Nathan, etc.

And we could've still met Clay and Quinn too because I do like them two!!