Author Topic: What Bothered Me About the Final Scene  (Read 10955 times)

Offline AshleyW

• Forums Supervisor
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • ♫ Always Keep Fighting ♫
Re: What Bothered Me About the Final Scene
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2012, 05:52:26 PM »
I also think it's kind of weird that his jersey number would be retired before he graduated.
That's funny, my Dad actually pointed that out too.

He was all, "When I was in school they never retired jersey's, etc until you graduated or got injured or something & couldn't play anymore ... that's the point of it being a RETIRED jersey, haha!"

I guess he just got it to go up there while he's still playing because he beat Nate's record? I dunno. lol.
♫  ♥   Live. Laugh. Love. ... Music!   ♫  ♥

Offline Danfan23

• I Will Love One Tree Hill Always & Forever......
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2012, 05:58:56 PM »
I'm pretty sure the time jump was more like 7-8 years vs 5.  Jamie would have to at least be a Junior if he beat Nathan's scoring record so he'd likely be 17 in the time jump.

Yes thank you finally someone agree's with me lol. I still have no idea where this five years comes from. I love you Mark Schawn but sort out your continuity errors lol

Offline kbaker35

« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2012, 06:08:49 PM »
the season final was pretty good

wish more faces would have returned

but did any one else catch that in the final scene when julian look at his kids,  one was a boy and one was a girl???

I could be mistaken, but i though brooke had twin boys....

and also how can julian's jersey be retired, when he's still palying??

Idk i think they season final should have been like a high school reunion or something, then a bunch of the old characters should have came back..

but did anyone else notice those 2 things?

Offline iloveoth16

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2012, 06:21:59 PM »
but did any one else catch that in the final scene when julian look at his kids,  one was a boy and one was a girl???

I could be mistaken, but i though brooke had twin boys....

Hehe this made me laugh! :) Yeah, that was Lydia and the twins were either side of her.

NickJess

Offline kbaker35

« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2012, 06:25:12 PM »
Haha! that clears things up!

it was still wierd, I was like what are they trying to say? haha
i don't know how i missed that :?

Offline fmm412

« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2012, 06:32:37 PM »
Let me clarify that i didnt like the choice not the song if that makes sense lol. I wouldve chosen a different song though lol .. I mean it was a fitting song but like i said i wanted something more mellow or even idwb play.. But yeah im still not sure how i feel about that last scene.. Ask me tom
I thought it was good. I see exactly what you mean with the whole 'mellow' part.. but imo, the opening scene with that song was pretty mellow. I kinda liked how the last scene and song was a little happy. I thought the last scene, as well as the whole episode, was a very good way to end it and I thought they did an awesome job at giving the fans some real closure.. it was very fulfilling.

Offline cyke

« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2012, 06:54:46 PM »
I thought it was good. I see exactly what you mean with the whole 'mellow' part.. but imo, the opening scene with that song was pretty mellow. I kinda liked how the last scene and song was a little happy. I thought the last scene, as well as the whole episode, was a very good way to end it and I thought they did an awesome job at giving the fans some real closure.. it was very fulfilling.

now that i had some time to digest and watch it again, i liked it a lot more today and i felt more emotion at the second viewing. i actually woke up today and the first thought on my mind was, "damn no more oth"

but now what bothers me about the final scene the most.. was that it ended. i mean really, whats up with the end credits and this whole nonsense of no more episodes :P

Offline AshleyW

• Forums Supervisor
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • ♫ Always Keep Fighting ♫
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2012, 07:10:37 PM »
but now what bothers me about the final scene the most.. was that it ended. i mean really, whats up with the end credits and this whole nonsense of no more episodes :P
LOL.

Well there's something we can all mutually agree on, I think!

I can def say for myself that not having a promo for next week bothered me FAR more @ the end of the epp than any of this flash-forward / realistic argument stuff.  :P
♫  ♥   Live. Laugh. Love. ... Music!   ♫  ♥

Offline cyke

« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2012, 08:50:31 PM »
LOL.

Well there's something we can all mutually agree on, I think!

I can def say for myself that not having a promo for next week bothered me FAR more @ the end of the epp than any of this flash-forward / realistic argument stuff.  :P

i still think 4x21 was better.. maybe even s6 as well lol :P ..last night i was saying it was good.. today im saying that it was pretty good... to great.. im sorry but i still can't call it epic.

Offline Jessica01

« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2012, 11:11:52 PM »
The time jump was 6 years. Apparently Mark says this in the commentary on DVD.
icon: docent12

Offline Danfan23

• I Will Love One Tree Hill Always & Forever......
« Reply #40 on: April 06, 2012, 12:59:26 AM »
The time jump was 6 years. Apparently Mark says this in the commentary on DVD.

I KNEW IT !

Offline othrocks

• Posting 24/7
  • Avie -Morgan/ Siggy by morgan
« Reply #41 on: April 06, 2012, 01:41:27 AM »
yes the whole time jump bothered me cause i was so confused didnt get it til i re watched it again but what really bothered me was i was waiting for the end and then it did but we didnt get to see the actor/actresses saying goodbye like some other tv finales they would have the whole cast/ crew come out and say goodbye to the audience/ fans and we would see how emotional they were i hope in the last dvd for extras they have the whole cast and yes i mean lucas and peyton too say what this show meant to them and how it changed or how it affect their lives all we got to see was bethany say abot the last river court scene and james saying about the show and then sophia we got to truly see how it affect her on the first hour that is what i wanted to see. we didnt get that :(

and yeah no peyton, or lucas how weird was it that bevin was back but she was so grown up wasnt acting like bevin usually does but so cool she end up w skills that is how it should be.
love how mouth had edwards/ scott fund omg that was so touching espec "what you do matters. " who said that quote first? i cant remember and yeah no main adults we did get to see deb and dan and even keith but not once did we see karen thru out the season 9 :(

and yeah we saw everyone else kids grown up but then peyton and lucas little girl was missing :( how old would she be what did she look like? cool they showed peytons locker on flash backs but what about lucas?? no part was he mention at all about missing him well yeah haley w the book flashback.

it was a really good finale i loved the first part where mark took us from season 1- til end of season 9 and what all it meant and alot of things they included in finale. haley and nathan braclet thing so cute. haley and lucas book, tric cd, quotes. omg they have to come out w another cd soundtrack one more for us fans.. :);) thumbs up if ya agree  ;D

Offline Callum.

« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2012, 06:27:45 AM »
What bothered me was that they seemed to be cheering and clapping for far too long and sometimes it came across a little stilted.

I would have had the final voiceover [Brooke-Nathan-Haley] as the camera panned away from Karen's cafe and as it the scene rested between the two stores, Haley would say her piece and the screen would fade to black.

Saying that, I loved the flashbacks with Brooke, Nathan and Haley in the gym and the fact we saw Millie pregnant, Bevin with Skills and the children grown up, but I think it all went on a bit too long that it could be jarring from am emotional point of view.

I was at my saddest at the start of the episode and the scene in Karen. I also don't think the song was a good choice. From a storytelling point of view, perhaps, but it didn't feel sad enough.

Offline EveBlueGirly

« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2012, 09:20:41 AM »
Why would the show (or any viewers for that matter) want to end the series with a sad song, though?  The final scene showed them all happy and living a good life and, speaking for myself, that's how I want to remember them.

Offline tututu

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2012, 10:36:48 AM »
Why would the show (or any viewers for that matter) want to end the series with a sad song, though?  The final scene showed them all happy and living a good life and, speaking for myself, that's how I want to remember them.
Well just a nostalgic scene. As a loyal viewer, I was was that it ended (REALLY SAD) and a nostalgic song would've been great.. They can still be happy with this kind of song in the background
'' Like sucks. Then it gets better. Then it sucks again. Then it gets better again. ''