Author Topic: 9x13- Series Finale  (Read 24753 times)

Offline Elilo

Re: 9x13- Series Finale
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2012, 10:24:15 PM »
I couldn't ask for a better finale
I am happy for the journey I had with this show, thankful for all the amazing things it brought to my life, glad I didn't give up on it and stood by it, sad that this was the last new episode ever ...
'He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream, and he sometimes wondered whose it was, and whether they were enjoying it.'

Offline Jesssica.

« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2012, 10:25:48 PM »
loved the episode....will comment more this weekend when i have time but...

they showed 2 kids in bleachers and one had long hair....lydia? so where was brooke and julians other kid? haha
maybe he was on the basketball team...i was so confused lol

Offline Craigster

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2012, 10:27:50 PM »
I think it's not fair to pair 4x21 and the other finales, 4x21 was a series finale, the series finale of the teen years, it was an other show that closed with that episode.
9x13 and the others inevitably were different,i appreciated this series finale, i took it for what it gave to me, it gave me great feelings and emotions, and that's enough.

How is it ''not fair''? It's just my personal opinion lol. And I'm sure I'm not the only who thinks so.

Offline JTH

« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2012, 10:29:26 PM »
This was such a good episode.  I haven't been this impressed since season 4.  The finale was definitely amazing.   
"What A frightening thing is the human, a mass of gauges, and dials, and registers, but we can read only a few and those perhaps not accurately."       John Steinbeck

Offline CaptainAwesome

« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2012, 10:30:51 PM »
It really was perfect.
4x21 wrapped up the teen years. 9x13 wrapped the series.

I had seen the episode when it got online days ago... but watching it live with the 30-40 minute special that CW aired before it... wow

All those old clips and interviews really made me feel the finale 10x more
Sucks that it's not on the DVD and probably won't be online

Offline giokn90

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2012, 10:31:50 PM »
How is it ''not fair''? It's just my personal opinion lol. And I'm sure I'm not the only who thinks so.

Not fair because we are talking about 2 completely different shows in my opinion.
It's like pair a crime show series finale with a medical show series finale.
Of course, u can like it more one than an other, that's fair, but put in on the same narrative plan, imho, it's wrong ;)
But just my opinion.

PS: And just to be clear, i ADORED 4x21.

Offline naleychick

• Posting Freak
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2012, 10:33:47 PM »
I had decided to not watch it online and just watch it on tv and I'm so glad that I did because I was also able to see the special they had before it that really made it.
Someday, this beach might wash away, the oceans may dry, the sun could dim, but on that day I'll still be loving you. Always and forever.

Offline Jenileesk8

• Posting Freak
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2012, 10:34:38 PM »
I don't know why, but James cracked me up when he was singing along to IDWB  :laugh:

cracked me up too! like he was trying too hard to be into it! meanwhile thinking "gr why couldnt our theme song be rap?" hahahaah

phew glad i wasnt only one haha!
~JeniLee~

Offline cyke

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2012, 10:35:04 PM »
i wasnt a big fan of the season 8 finale but i think that last shot of the bridge would've worked better a series finale shot that this one, but like many i am still digesting everything so ill see how i feel on second viewing. i dont care what anyone says, 4x21 still the best, they never been able to top that level of emotion closure and nostalgia. it was the simple fact that the show was about 2 brothers, we didnt get that this episode, at least with jamie on the bridge in s8 we went back to the very first shot of oth.

but i gotta comment on naley, not that many scenes but watching it again, you can see just how happy nathan is with haley.. ive never seen them this carefree and it was great to watch and that kiss.. wow that kiss, i thought the rain was going to turn to steam and evaporate, it was so hot lol. that was the last naley scene filmed and james' final series shot and what a way to end it.

Offline Jenileesk8

• Posting Freak
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2012, 10:36:03 PM »
i wasnt a big fan of the season 8 finale but i think that last shot of the bridge would've worked better a series finale shot that this one, but like many i am still digesting everything so ill see how i feel on second viewing. i dont care what anyone says, 4x21 still the best, they never been able to top that level of emotion closure and nostalgia. it was the simple fact that the show was about 2 brothers, we didnt get that this episode, at least with jamie on the bridge in s8 we went back to the very first shot of oth.

but i gotta comment on naley, not that many scenes but watching it again, you can see just how happy nathan is with haley.. ive never seen them this carefree and it was great to watch and that kiss.. wow that kiss, i thought the rain was going to turn to steam and evaporate, it was so hot lol. that was the last naley scene filmed and james' final series shot and what a way to end it.

agreed about the rain kiss. so great
~JeniLee~

Offline Craigster

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2012, 10:37:18 PM »
Not fair because we are talking about 2 completely different shows in my opinion.
It's like pair a crime show series finale with a medical show series finale.
Of course, u can like it more one than an other, that's fair, but put in on the same narrative plan, imho, it's wrong ;)
But just my opinion.

The way I see it, they were both ''series finale'' type episodes so I don't see what's wrong in comparing them. I knew going into the ep that it probably wouldn't beat 4x21, and for me, it didn't. I understand that A LOT has changed since then, but that's one of the main reasons I didn't like 9x13 as much as 4x21. I know people will say LP haven't been on in years, stop living in the past blabla, but it's just how I feel, and for me, a finale without them and without a final Lucas/Nathan scene, can't beat one that had all that (4x21). That's just my opinion.

And I'm not saying I didn't enjoy 9x13, it had some GREAT scenes/moments, I got teary-eyed quite a few times.

Offline astier

• Credit to JLSource fan pic
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2012, 10:38:50 PM »
Like many others. I am sure, knowing it was the end, every scene had me glued.  I didn't want to miss a second.  And the ending...I thought was surreal ( to see it come full circle ).

Sig:  jamesothlove

Offline newbiefan2010

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2012, 10:39:00 PM »

There was a kid(boy) on each side of Lydia.  I took it as being Brookes boys.  Neither of which would be old enough to be in high school (thus on the team) in the flashforward.

Offline Craigster

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #43 on: April 04, 2012, 10:39:34 PM »
cyke, are you sure you're not like my twin?  :laugh: I agree with absolutely everything.

Offline NYislesfan

• Posting Freak
« Reply #44 on: April 04, 2012, 10:42:40 PM »
While I do agree that some of the other endings they had for other seasons when they thought the show was ending were good..I still think this episode as a whole was the best series finale.

Season 4 and season 7 and 8 had very good endings, but the episodes didn't wrap as much up.  THis entire episode just brought so much back about what this show was about, and that was missing in all those other finales.  They truly made this the series finale it should have been by dedicating the entire episode to what this show truly was when it started.