Author Topic: 9x13- Series Finale  (Read 24481 times)

Offline cyke

Re: 9x13- Series Finale
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 10:05:52 PM »
Too much music, too many storylines and it took a lot from the episode. Some of the things shown in this episode should've been addressed in the previous episode. the group scenes were not group scenes,  I wanted to have some dialogue and stuff and this felt too much like the season 8 finale. I can say with out a doubt that the season 4 finale is the best.

they were good stuff but overall I wasn't a mess as I thought I would be. I was mostly in the beginning but in the end I still carried a smile on my face. I thought that nathan and haley should've had more dialogue.. at least explain why they were having dinner and stuff, if it was tric's 10 year anniversary, guess what its also their 10 year anniversary. but overall the closing of all the individual storylines worked and im glad that the start and end of the episode was with nathan and basketball because that is where the show started and it was a good place to end it.

other thoughts, I thought chase getting the bar and chris signing onto the label was fine, we didnít need that stupid twin action, I would've loved to have seen more bevin and skills. loved how they ended with millie getting pregnant and I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't a bju fest like last week. I def. wanted more naley but gotta love that rain scene .. lastly I wanted a little bit more reflection from nathan on his dad and his family and I wanted a family moment between the scotts. I was surprised we didnít get it.

Offline NYislesfan

• Posting Freak
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2012, 10:06:35 PM »
I don't even care that Lucas and Peyton weren't there.  Chad and Hilarie couldn't/didn't want to be there for that..fine for them..I still enjoyed it and I enjoyed seeing the three who stayed the entire time.

Offline Craigster

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2012, 10:11:21 PM »
Nice ending, got teary-eyed a couple times (when I originally watched it and again tonight), but 4x21 trumps it.

Will post a lot more later on when I have time.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 10:18:40 PM by Craigster »

Offline onetree18

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2012, 10:13:10 PM »
As a fan who watched the show from the beginning, I don't think I could have asked for a better finale. It was nearly perfect in every way. Every scene, every character's storyline, the music, the way everything was shot and tied together was just amazing.

I think it's really hard to get series finales right. There's that line between being too corny and sentimental even though you want to see the characters you watched for so many years end up in the places that fans will feel are right for them. I think Mark Schwahn got it completely right in every way.

There were a few season finales over the years that could have been series finales (season 4, season 6, kind of season 7, last season) but I think this was better than any of those.

I loved the opening, with the remaining core characters looking at important moments in their lives when they were younger, kind of through the view of the movie that Julian is doing.

I thought everything with Chris Keller was great. The subtle references throughout the episode were great winks at the true fans without being too overt. For example, Nathan telling Jamie the kidnapping storyline was played out, Haley saying that Chris Keller changed then saying he really hasn't but at least he's trying. I think it was really true to every character without suddenly making their lives super happy just because the show is over.

The ending was perfect as well. I loved the scene at Karen's Cafe and I love that the last scene took place at the gym where it all began, almost ushering in a new generation.

Overall, I think the finale was amazing in that it was a true tribute to everybody who's watched the show for 9 years without being too cheesy. It really felt like the characters were supposed to end up where they did, and there were references to important moments throughout the series that really tied everything together. I think this was the perfect end to a season that was a true tribute to the fans who stuck around through it all.

Offline cyke

« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 10:13:33 PM »
i have to say the opening shots of nathan and brooke were done so well.. it was as if james and sophia from 9-8 years ago was on set with them. that first scene with nathan especially, i was like this is old footage but it doesnt look like it.  i actually wished we got that at the end .. but i think if they just cut back on the music and have some more quieter scenes and dialogue amongst the cast i think it would've been better..

lastly i get LP werent there but what i wanted from the finale was to get back to the tale of two brothers so notgetting that this episode was a little disapointing.

Offline naleychick

• Posting Freak
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 10:14:17 PM »
Cried so much during the episode. Loved it! All the flashbacks and remembering certain moments from the past. So cute when Logan asked Quinn "Mom are you coming?". All the Naley moments loved and when they were in the rain I started crying because I was thinking that would be their last time in the rain. Laughed at the Chris Keller stuff. Loved the surprises Joy performing, Bevin coming back, Gavin Degraw performing. There's more but need to compose myself.
Someday, this beach might wash away, the oceans may dry, the sun could dim, but on that day I'll still be loving you. Always and forever.

Offline Jenileesk8

• Posting Freak
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 10:16:27 PM »
loved the episode....will comment more this weekend when i have time but...

they showed 2 kids in bleachers and one had long hair....lydia? so where was brooke and julians other kid? haha
~JeniLee~

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 10:16:40 PM »
Wow. That episode was so amazing. For the first time, i actually liked Quinn. I still hate CQ but Logan calling Quinn "mom" was amazing and one of my favorites moments on the show ever.

NALEY IS THE BEST COUPLE EVER! They were so amazing and I loved seeing them and their kids all grown up. Love that Jamie beat Nathans scoring record.

Loved see all the babies all grown up. That was so CUTE.

Bevin and Skills surprising was one of my favorite moments of the show. I FLOVED that they got back together.

Glad there wasn't too much Bruilian. I liked them but Brooke is sooooooooooooooo much more than just half of that couple and so happy they remembered that.

Loved that Mouth and Millie are having a baby.

LP were not missed....at least not for me. I didn't need them there.

Offline cyke

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 10:18:53 PM »
think the one who got the best SL this episode was CQL .. everything about it was simple understated and good. the steal the thunder award goes to them.

i thought chris with nathan and haley were good, esp when nathan handed back the guitar, that was hilarious.

still disappointed in the naley, i wanted more .. at lleast more dialogue, they didnt say much in this episode. they didnt say much to each other at all this season and wouldve loved some haley quinn moments.

but all the group cast shots at tric was so beautiful and to see them singing along to gavin, that was really special.

Offline Craigster

• I'm a VIP!
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 10:20:43 PM »
think the one who got the best SL this episode was CQL .. everything about it was simple understated and good. the steal the thunder award goes to them.

i thought chris with nathan and haley were good, esp when nathan handed back the guitar, that was hilarious.

still disappointed in the naley, i wanted more .. at lleast more dialogue, they didnt say much in this episode. they didnt say much to each other at all this season and wouldve loved some haley quinn moments.

but all the group cast shots at tric was so beautiful and to see them singing along to gavin, that was really special.

I don't know why, but James cracked me up when he was singing along to IDWB  :laugh:

Offline Mary

• Posting 24/7
  • Love the life you live <3
    • My FB Page (add me!)
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2012, 10:20:59 PM »
I loved the episode and I'm still digesting it but did anyone else want Brooke to say something about being the girl behind the red door?? I was SOOO waiting for that reference and I know it's sort of a BL thing but I think that line should've been incorporated somehow.

Offline NYislesfan

• Posting Freak
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2012, 10:21:35 PM »
It was just so perfect.  All the references to the past.  Gavin singing his older songs that meant SO much to this show...I just can't!

Offline Nath

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2012, 10:23:16 PM »
I thought the episode was an ok goodbye, but it could've been a lot better.

Like others said, I wanted more dialogue and reflection on especially the Nathan/Haley relationship but also Brooke/Haley and even Nathan/Brooke (I can't believe the writers act like they've never been friends, I remember Brooke saying in episode 9x11 "her friend's husband" was missing, uhm really he's not her friend?) Anyway Brooke/Julian and Clay/Quinn took up most of the meaningful conversation time and I think that's a shame. I feel like especially BJ already had their closure in epi 9x12.

The twinters well, what the hell are 2 completely pointles characters like that doing in a series finale?
And I have to say, even though I knew they weren't coming, it was sad not to see Lucas/Peyton/Karen there.

But the episode did manage to make me emotional a few times, like the beginning, seeing Haley on stage again, Gavin Degraw, those were great things to see. So I mean I can live with the ending but I'm definitely a bit bummed. Also because of the reused quote from epi 5x13 in the end, I was really hoping for something new.

Offline giokn90

« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2012, 10:23:51 PM »
I think it's not fair to pair 4x21 and the other finales, 4x21 was a series finale, the series finale of the teen years, it was an other show that closed with that episode.
9x13 and the others inevitably were different,i appreciated this series finale, i took it for what it gave to me, it gave me great feelings and emotions, and that's enough.

Offline naleychick

• Posting Freak
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2012, 10:23:56 PM »
I was also waiting for her to say something about that too. I was expecting her to say it when she said she always loved that house.

When the cast started singing along with Gavin I had tears. With the way they shot it and with all of the cast singing.
Someday, this beach might wash away, the oceans may dry, the sun could dim, but on that day I'll still be loving you. Always and forever.