Author Topic: What made season 3 so good?  (Read 3987 times)

Offline dcfreak_2002

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • Sig- Beckettsworld@Tumblr
    • Tumblr
Re: What made season 3 so good?
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2012, 01:36:03 PM »
Season three is definatly my favorite season

and like the others have said it was really balanced every character had their own thing going on but they still were able to have time for their realtionships and friends.

The acting for this season defiantly was on par and their was plenty of dramtic episodes and with a few comedic ones which made oth so good when they balanced the drama with comedy, also have the core five being at the core of the episodes instead of the background. the only thing in season three that was really stupid was the whole Pete Wentz thing made no sense.

I think most of us can agree that the school shooting episode was defiantly one of the best episodes of the series everyone brought their a game in that one and for the ones who were in high school at the time could probably relate to how Jimmy was feeling.
Partners in Crime and life♥

Offline German_Girl

• Posting Freak
  • God kissed the earth once...where Germany is now!
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 10:29:01 AM »
^I agree!The episode with the school shooting was one of the most touching episodes and def. one of the best!

Offline Ingmar

• AlwaysHappy
  • I'm a VIP!
  • Posting Freak
  • April/Jackson <3
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 12:23:36 PM »
^I agree!The episode with the school shooting was one of the most touching episodes and def. one of the best!

True this. Loved it.

Offline Mel

• I'm a VIP!
  • Posting 24/7
  • Poof!
    • tumblr
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 04:32:58 PM »
I feel like nearly every episode in season three ended with some kind of cool cliffhanger or big shocker. I remember I couldn't get enough of it and I was beyond antsy for the next episode. It was a really great season musically as well. Even though I'm a huge LP fan, I adored watching them become best friends throughout the season. It made them being together all the more adorable to me. It was also one of the best season finales, imo!
And so it goes, this soldier knows.

Offline swindellbc

• NH and BL/BJ fan
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2012, 08:46:09 PM »
There was tons of drama but it was not heavy depressin.

Naley was hands down the best part of the season imo and I think S3 highlighted why they were the show's best/strongest/most loving couple and why Nathan was always better than Lucas in every capacity.

Offline BiggestSophiaBushFan

• I'm a VIP!
  • I should own stock in this place!
  • B r o o k e <3
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2013, 07:36:53 PM »
Guys your opinions are truly good, I'm glad to see lo of fans loving this seasons and thinking it is in the top 3.

:)

Offline laffertyjoy

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2013, 10:09:22 PM »
I loved the third season for many reasons, I loved the story between Nathan and Haley, the story between Ellie and Peyton, and Peyton's Podcast was one of the best ideas that Mark ever had!

Offline HaleyFan88

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2013, 08:50:00 AM »
I don't know.  There were so many great aspects in season 3.

First and foremost - I ADORED Naley.  I loved the angst at the beginning and the slowly rebuilding their relationship to renewing their vows.  Everything about Nathan and Haley were perfect (I use perfect loosely considering there are some small things here or there I would change but in general it was perfect).  I loved seeing them fight for one another - proving (to me) why they are the best couple on the show.  The one couple who fought tooth and nail to keep together.  I loved that.

Peyton became a favorite character of mine in season two and that continued in season three as well.  I loved the Peyton/Ellie storyline.  It was so bittersweet.  And I really loved seeing Peyton as a single teenager, struggling with things other than boys.  Yes, she had Jake and Lucas and Pete (major eye roll with that one) but they weren't really a big focus for her throughout the course of the season.

I also adored Skevin.  I have such a soft spot for Skills and Bevin, and it was nice to see Skills with more focus in general.

I hated how Brooke treated Rachel (when it was unjustified) and wanted to strangle her but I won't lie - some of it made for some great entertainment.  The two girls snarking at one another was kind of fun at times, especially in 320.  I loved Brooke defending Mouth.  I really loved the Brouth friendship and Rachel did lead Mouth on so I had no problem with Brooke calling Rachel out on that.

I loved the group scenes - the girls together, the guys together, and the whole group like in 318 (one of my favorite episodes of the series).

316 - while I do think this episode was slightly overrated, I still LOVED it.  It was so powerful and such a conflicting good/bad message.  It really did something for each and every character so as a whole it was good.  And Dan killing Keith - was so unexpected.  I was never really a fan of either guys (they both annoyed me to no end) but it was heartbreaking to see Keith get shot.  And it did make for a great storyline for Dan.

Brucas and Brooke's insecurities/game playing were annoying as hell but luckily, I didn't watch the show for that so I can easily just fast forward through those scenes.  But I did enjoy Brooke starting COB - that was a great thing for her character.